Now I know how those frozen Mickey ice cream bars feel… A December 2010 TR!

Welcome to my long overdue December 2010 Trip Report! Click on the link below to check out my pre-trip report and see how well we stuck to our proposed schedule…

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=542663

First off, let me explain my title. The average temperature for Orlando, FL in December is 62.1 degrees. The average temperature for the week we were there was in the 40’s and it was so windy, it seemed WAY colder than that! We literally froze our rear ends off, but we still had a great time even in spite of the frost bite!

The Trip Details:
When: December 3-11, 2010
Where: Fort Wilderness Campground
Who: Here is the cast…

DSCF2859.jpg

My sister-in-law (Brooke), me (Jon) and my wife (Brittany)

DSCF2860.jpg

My father-in-law (Scott) and mother-in-law (Pam)

Friday December 3, 2010

We departed the great state of North Carolina Friday afternoon and drove down to St. Augustine, FL where we stopped for the night at this lovely little campground.

DSCF2861.jpg

Saturday December 4, 2010

We were up bright and early and on the road. We would be at Walt Disney World in just a couple of hours! Before we knew it we saw this beautiful sight…

DSCF2878.jpg

We’re there!!
Oh, what a feeling to be in Disney World! We proceeded to drive over toward the Fort Wilderness area to check in!

DSCF2886.jpg

DSCF2887.jpg

DSCF2890.jpg

DSCF2894.jpg

Todd L

Just read your entire T.r. !! Really loved it, great Pictures too!!

We were there the Saturday after Thanksgiving a few years back and We loved the Light crowds but Hated the cold weather.

We all loved Mvmcp and are excited to go to Mnsshp when we go back this october.

Have a good day!!

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Just read your entire T.r. !! Really loved it, great Pictures too!!

We were there the Saturday after Thanksgiving a few years back and We loved the Light crowds but Hated the cold weather.

We all loved Mvmcp and are excited to go to Mnsshp when we go back this october.

Have a good day!!

Thanks!! Sorry it is so long! It's not quite finished yet - I have a few more installments, so stay tuned....

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Friday December 10 continued…

As we continued around World Showcase, we slowed down and just tried to take in all of the sights, smells and sounds because we knew tomorrow we would be heading back home. We strolled along, and came to the next country pavilion - China! I love this pavilion because of the beauty of the architecture! Disney really goes all out when making the buildings in the countries as authentic as possible.

DSCF4128.jpg

DSCF4129.jpg

I glanced at my phone and saw that it was about 8:00pm! We needed to get a good spot for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth! We rushed past the Norway pavilion and the Mexico pavilion so that we could get a good front row seat for the show back over near the boat dock. Don't worry though, we would go back and hit Mexico and Norway after IllumiNations! Anyway, while we were waiting, I realized that I was about to starve! Brittany wasn't hungry, so she held our spot against the rail surrounding World Showcase Lagoon, and I went off in search of food! Just to our left was the new restaurant in the Mexico area, La Cantina, so I quickly got in line.

IMG_0349.jpg

I absolutely love Mexican food and Brittany does not, so this was perfect seeing that I was the only one eating at this time. I got my food and scarfed it down and then went back to join Brittany for the show.
IllumiNations was awesome, as usual! They did a Christmas version and it did not disappoint! My only regret is that I didn't get any pictures of the show… I did, however, video the entire show but unfortunately have not had time to post it on YouTube yet.
After IllumiNations was over, we hung around for a little while to let the crowd thin out a bit. After we could move again, we made our way back toward the last two countries on our list. The first one we came to was Mexico. I love this pavilion and can't wait to go back here on our next trip! I have got to eat at San Angel Inn!

DSCF4131.jpg

DSCF4133.jpg

DSCF4132.jpg

I love Mexico, especially at night!
After a quick bathroom stop, we were back on course and heading for the last country on our list… Norway! I have always loved the Norway pavilion. I don't know why really, I just always have ever since I was a kid. I guess it is because of the fact that it is one of two countries in World Showcase that actually have a ride/attraction. Gotta love Maelstrom! Either that or because the buildings look cool and I have always liked Vikings! So, without further ado, we heading in to check out Norway…

DSCF4141.jpg

DSCF4140.jpg

DSCF4138.jpg

DSCF4146.jpg

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Friday December 10 continued…

After our ride on Maelstrom, we headed out of Norway… I got a couple parting shots from the Norway pavilion as we headed back out into EPCOT…

DSCF4147.jpg

DSCF4135.jpg

It was getting pretty late and we were completely worn out from not only the day's events but the wear and tear of a full week at Walt Disney World. We slowly made our way back around World Showcase Lagoon passing Mexico one last time before entering Future World. This was the low point of our trip. We were so sad to see it coming to an end right before our eyes. I think the only thing that kept the tears out of our eyes was knowing that we would be back again in 9 months or so.
On the way out of EPCOT, I took the last pictures from our trip…

DSCF4148.jpg

DSCF4149.jpg

DSCF4150.jpg

DSCF4151.jpg

DSCF4153.jpg

We boarded the bus to Fort Wilderness one last time and didn't say a word to each other or anyone else the whole ride back to the camp site. When we got back, we packed up a few last things and crawled into bed and drifted off to sleep like kids who had just lost their puppy…

Saturday December 11, 2010

Today was the dreaded departure day. We got up at the crack of dawn and headed out of Fort Wilderness, which was quiet because most everyone was still asleep. We drove back under the famous Walt Disney World sign, but this time we were going the opposite way. Not the way that brings such excitement and joy, but the way that brings sorrow and disappointment…
Well, enough of this feeling sorry for ourselves crap! We were lucky to have been able to spend a week in the most magical place on the planet! Some people are not fortunate enough to go to Disney World ever and here we are, lucky enough to get to go every other year at least! We began to perk up and realize that things weren't all that bad after all. We were grateful that we got the opportunity to spend the past 8 days in Walt Disney World and already could not wait to go back!

Well, that is going to do it for my Trip Report. I hope you all enjoyed it and thank you all for being patient with me as I pieced this thing together. Haha. Please take the time to check out some of my videos from the trip by clicking on my YouTube page below! Also, as I mentioned during my TR, Brittany and I are going back to the World in September of this year (2011) to celebrate our Anniversary so stay tuned for the Pre Trip Report…

Thanks again and SEE YA REAL SOON!

PolynesianPrincess

I am with ya on feeling sad and blue when it's time to leave the world... But i have friends who have never even gone and here I am, heading on my 22nd trip next weekend. I'm definitely very thankful the world is part of my life every year :animwink: Great TR!!! Cant wait to read the next one!

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
I loved it! :sohappy:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

You're more than welcome! Thanks for reading! I'm kind of glad I waited a few months after my trip to do my TR because it let me relive my trip all over again as I told the story.

I am with ya on feeling sad and blue when it's time to leave the world... But i have friends who have never even gone and here I am, heading on my 22nd trip next weekend. I'm definitely very thankful the world is part of my life every year :animwink: Great TR!!! Cant wait to read the next one!

22nd trip! Whoa nelly! I thought I was doing good to be gearing up for my 6th trip! Haha. Thanks for reading and look for my Sept PTR soon...

mamamouse

you know that sad feelin you get when you realise ur Disney trip is over? Well I'm feelin that same feeling because this Tr is over NOOOOOOOOooo!!! :( can't wait for the next one!!! Hope you have an awesome time n let me know how crowds are cause after you come home I'll be going

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Thanks for the TR. I just love reading them all and dreaming about our time to come.

You're welcome! Thanks for reading!

you know that sad feelin you get when you realise ur Disney trip is over? Well I'm feelin that same feeling because this Tr is over NOOOOOOOOooo!!! :( can't wait for the next one!!! Hope you have an awesome time n let me know how crowds are cause after you come home I'll be going

Aww... thanks! I should have my pre-trip report up very soon (maybe today) for our September trip, so keep checking back. I am looking forward to writing another TR too when we get back! Thanks again!

sweetpee_1993

Yaaaay!!! I finished! Fantastic report! Wonderful pics! I definitely feel the excitement right along with you as your adventure unfolds. Good stuff! Yes, you do have a lot of favorites...but it's so hard to pick just 1 or 3 or a dozen. It's all so heavenly! I loved how as you left the MK you did a lot of looking back. I do that, too. It always makes me cry but I can't not say goodbye in my way.

Yay for September anniversary celebrations! I doubt I'll write a PTR for us. Time just doesn't allow so much these days. I'll be following along and maybe we'll see y'all there!

Thanks for bringing us along for your adventure. Great job. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride!
:wave:

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Yaaaay!!! I finished! Fantastic report! Wonderful pics! I definitely feel the excitement right along with you as your adventure unfolds. Good stuff! Yes, you do have a lot of favorites...but it's so hard to pick just 1 or 3 or a dozen. It's all so heavenly! I loved how as you left the MK you did a lot of looking back. I do that, too. It always makes me cry but I can't not say goodbye in my way.

Yay for September anniversary celebrations! I doubt I'll write a PTR for us. Time just doesn't allow so much these days. I'll be following along and maybe we'll see y'all there!

Thanks for bringing us along for your adventure. Great job. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride!
:wave:

Thank you for the kind words! The whole reason I wrote a trip report was because I read reports like yours and that made me want to do one too! Hopefully we will run into each other in the World in September! Let me know if you guys are planning on being at any of the parks the same day we will! Thanks again!

HollyBelle

Great trip report! You all look so comfortable in your t-shirts on those first few days... and then BAM, you're ready for the ski slopes! Love that picture, by the way. I definitely feel your pain over the weather... we checked in the day after you left and experienced the same freezing temps.

Have fun in September... I'll be looking forward to your report.

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Great trip report! You all look so comfortable in your t-shirts on those first few days... and then BAM, you're ready for the ski slopes! Love that picture, by the way. I definitely feel your pain over the weather... we checked in the day after you left and experienced the same freezing temps.

Have fun in September... I'll be looking forward to your report.

Yep, that temp change was shocking! I actually like going to WDW in the winter months because I hate sweating and being hot and I like wearing jeans, t-shirts and a light jacket while in the parks, but that was just a little ridiculous!
Thanks! I look forward to writing another report! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom