November 2010 roll call

Magical Dreamer

We are flying out of Rochester, NY on November 12th and staying through November 22nd at POR. Traveling are my DW, DD-15, DS-13, and DS-5. We are all very excited.......can't wait.:)

:slurp:Our ADR's are:
  • November 12th - Captain Jacks
  • November 13th - Crystal Palace
  • November 14th - Coral Reef
  • November 15th - Ohana
  • November 16th - Chef Mickey's (Breakfast)
  • November 16th - Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue
  • November 17th - Le Cellier
  • November 18th - Mama Melrosa (Fantasmic Package)
  • November 19th - Les Chefs de France
  • November 20th - Cape May Cafe
  • November 21st - 50's Prime Time Cafe
Dreaming Disney !!

Kerby626

Booked and paid in full!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

November 12 - 21 @ POFQ w/free dining! Gonna swap the 9-day base tix for our passes when we get there. You just can't beat 9 nights/10 days for a family of 4 (kids are considered adults) w/food and everything for $2806. Freakin' awesome!

Looks like my older brother and mom may be coming, too! Yay!

Probably gonna hit MVMCP on Tues., Nov. 16. Really being brave on that splurge considering our first & last MVMCP on a Tuesday night in early December '08 ended up selling out and was packed. Crossing my fingers..... :D

45 sleeps tomorrow! WoooooHoooooooo!!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

I don't like you!!!! I wanna go so bad

Upvote 0

Rinkrat14

Booked and paid in full!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

November 12 - 21 @ POFQ w/free dining! Gonna swap the 9-day base tix for our passes when we get there. You just can't beat 9 nights/10 days for a family of 4 (kids are considered adults) w/food and everything for $2806. Freakin' awesome!

Looks like my older brother and mom may be coming, too! Yay!

Probably gonna hit MVMCP on Tues., Nov. 16. Really being brave on that splurge considering our first & last MVMCP on a Tuesday night in early December '08 ended up selling out and was packed. Crossing my fingers..... :D

45 sleeps tomorrow! WoooooHoooooooo!!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

I'm calling the COPS! You just stole my vacation every detail is almost the same, except my bro and Mom are staying home. I mean even the price is the same. Wishing Tuesday's MVMCP is not crowded either. If you have the same ADRs we might have to talk. Look for your "twins" there except with a Pittsburgh accent.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I'm calling the COPS! You just stole my vacation every detail is almost the same, except my bro and Mom are staying home. I mean even the price is the same. Wishing Tuesday's MVMCP is not crowded either. If you have the same ADRs we might have to talk. Look for your "twins" there except with a Pittsburgh accent.

That is too stinkin' hilarious! :lol: Do you have 13 & 14 year old boys? Better yet, girls?! We could totally ditch 'em and run!

ADRs, they're not my "ideal" places/times because we juuuuust booked this thing. I'm thinking positive by telling myself it's an opportunity to try new things. Hubby signed a contract for a job w/good longevity early last week and within 5 minutes (literally, he called me & it was ON) the wheels were a-turnin'.

With that, here's the list: ((be warned, as with all us Disney Freaks ADRs are always subject to change completely 6 times a day until we're walking into any given restaurant...also, there's several that I'm trying to decide if I want to cancel))

Friday, 11/12: 4:10p @ Sci-Fi

Saturday, 11/13: 8:15a @ Crystal Palace
5:05p @ Kona Cafe

Sunday, 11/14: 10:45a @ Whispering Canyon
5:10p @ The Wave

Monday, 11/15: 10:35a @ Cape May Cafe
5:10p @ Les Chefs de France

Tuesday, 11/16: 11:00a @ Sci-Fi (gotta cancel, guys are going fishing)
5:00p @ Cape May Cafe

Wednesday, 11/17: 11:05a @ Sci-Fi
5:30p @ Yachtsman

Thursday, 11/18: 10:35a @ Kona Cafe
6:20p @ Via Napoli ~or~ 7:00p @ Coral Reef

Friday, 11/19: 9:50a @ Chef Mickey's
4:35p @ Mama Melrose

Saturday, 11/20: 4:30p @ Cape May Cafe (this will likely change for anything but this location)

Sunday, 11/21: 8:20a @ Crystal Palace

Upvote 0

Rinkrat14

That is too stinkin' hilarious! :lol: Do you have 13 & 14 year old boys? Better yet, girls?! We could totally ditch 'em and run!

ADRs, they're not my "ideal" places/times because we juuuuust booked this thing. I'm thinking positive by telling myself it's an opportunity to try new things. Hubby signed a contract for a job w/good longevity early last week and within 5 minutes (literally, he called me & it was ON) the wheels were a-turnin'.

With that, here's the list: ((be warned, as with all us Disney Freaks ADRs are always subject to change completely 6 times a day until we're walking into any given restaurant...also, there's several that I'm trying to decide if I want to cancel))

Friday, 11/12: 4:10p @ Sci-Fi

Saturday, 11/13: 8:15a @ Crystal Palace
5:05p @ Kona Cafe

Sunday, 11/14: 10:45a @ Whispering Canyon
5:10p @ The Wave

Monday, 11/15: 10:35a @ Cape May Cafe
5:10p @ Les Chefs de France

Tuesday, 11/16: 11:00a @ Sci-Fi (gotta cancel, guys are going fishing)
5:00p @ Cape May Cafe

Wednesday, 11/17: 11:05a @ Sci-Fi
5:30p @ Yachtsman

Thursday, 11/18: 10:35a @ Kona Cafe
6:20p @ Via Napoli ~or~ 7:00p @ Coral Reef

Friday, 11/19: 9:50a @ Chef Mickey's
4:35p @ Mama Melrose

Saturday, 11/20: 4:30p @ Cape May Cafe (this will likely change for anything but this location)

Sunday, 11/21: 8:20a @ Crystal Palace

I've got two kids, Son(13) and Daughter(10 turning 11 near the time of the trip) can't help with your "Ditch the kids and run" plan but the more I think about.;)

I like your ADRs not our "usual" spots but willing to try, must compare notes after. I would list our ADRs but like you they are constantly changing.
So here is park plan instead.

FRi 12 late flight
Sat13 Chill/swim day/Mk at night
Sun14 DHS
Mon EP
Tue rest during day/MVMCP night
Wed AK
THur Harry Potter
Fri Free day kids decide
Sat EP
Sun 21 DTD shopping/late flight

As always subject to change, management reserves the right to add, delete, postpone any activity at any time.

This year is our "out of our comfort zone"
Renting car for first time.
Crossing over to the dark side (Universal and IOA)
Giving kids more input (I hope I trained them well)

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I've got two kids, Son(13) and Daughter(10 turning 11 near the time of the trip) can't help with your "Ditch the kids and run" plan but the more I think about.;)

I like your ADRs not our "usual" spots but willing to try, must compare notes after. I would list our ADRs but like you they are constantly changing.
So here is park plan instead.

FRi 12 late flight
Sat13 Chill/swim day/Mk at night
Sun14 DHS
Mon EP
Tue rest during day/MVMCP night
Wed AK
THur Harry Potter
Fri Free day kids decide
Sat EP
Sun 21 DTD shopping/late flight

As always subject to change, management reserves the right to add, delete, postpone any activity at any time.

This year is our "out of our comfort zone"
Renting car for first time.
Crossing over to the dark side (Universal and IOA)
Giving kids more input (I hope I trained them well)

Eh, just as well. Last trip I tried to talk my boys into doing an hour here or there alone to get them to spread their wings (we'd likely tail them like super-secret-spies to see how/what they do) but they would NOT do it. Strange. I know times are quite different from when I was a kid but we roamed the parks with a meet-time w/the parental units since I was about 12. You'd think they'd be running for the hills before I could finish the sentence. But my 2, bless their sweet little ol' hearts, just say, "Nah. We'd rather hang with y'all." Maybe it's the fact that we have money. :shrug::lol:

Park plan. It's hard to say. We're pretty loose on those. We generally look at hours, crowd calendar, etc. and try to guess-timate where we'll be for meals but other than that we don't plan too solid. Here's the current thinking (which like the ADRs is always subject to change):

11/12....arrival (I'm sure we'll be exhausted from the drive so a nap will be first up)....then DHS for early dinner & a couple hours of fun...hop to Animal Kingdom for evening EMH or to Epcot for Illuminations or if we're really ambitious both...go to BED!

11/13....Early breakfast at Crystal Palace...some MK time...nap...Kona dinner...EMH @ MK or perhaps a visit to Epcot

11/14...sleep in...or not...brunch @ Whispering Canyon...relax @ resort...dinner @ The Wave...maybe evening EMH @ MK (strange it's 2 nights in a row!)

11/15...if we returned home early the night before we'll go to AK morning EMH...nap if we got up early...early dinner at Les Chefs...Epcot or possibly evening EMH @ DHS

11/16...the boys have to get up @ the butt-crack o'dawn for their fishing excursion...Mom & I or it could be me SOLO at Epcot early EMH or hit rope drop at DHS...we *were* gonna do MVMCP this night but I think I'm 90% sure we'll be switching it (PM me & I'll tell you why!) so not sure what our evening plans are

11/17...DHS rope drop...early lunch @ Sci-Fi....nap...dinner @ Yachtsman...prob'ly hang out @ Epcot or head to MK

11/18...possibly MK early EMH...brunch @ Kona...nap...MVMCP!!!!

11/19...sleep in! Brunch @ Chef Mickeys....the rest of the day is up in the air

11/20...No plans...it's the last day...wherever the breeze carries us

11/21...early breakfast @ Crystal Palace...fun wherever we want to say our goodbyes...hit the highway for home (with an overnight crash @ Gramma's house)

Park time is always subject to change. I go with what everyone feels like doing. If I have an ADR somewhere but the gang would rather be somewhere else I just cancel it & move on. I try to roll with the breeze because stressing over missing what I had on paper isn't worth it. :animwink:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

POFQ 25th- 4th
This is our first time staying here. Usually stay at the WL, hoping we will not be disappointed. Group of 8 ( 2 families).

Obviously there will be differences in the amenities going from a deluxe to a moderate but as far as an overall experience for the cost I feel like POFQ is a wonderful resort. It's very pretty and the atmosphere very laid back and relaxing. I love it.

Upvote 0
:xmas: 24th Nov till the 9th Dec yey cant wait. First tip with my boyfriend :) and to WDW in over 4 years. Staying off site but booked planet hollywood twice, house of blues, rainforest cafe and raglan road :sohappy:.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom