Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikkler

objects_in_mirror.jpg
Where did you get that leaked picture? God, this ride is shaping up to be so bad.

Timekeeper

Where did you get that leaked picture? God, this ride is shaping up to be so bad.

That one came from a ferry boat captain. Apparently there are going to be rear-view mirrors added to the boats (they will probably be screen-based technology and not actual "mirrors" to give the illusion of an intense Sven chase sequence). My friend was holding onto this one for herself, but after all that Jurassic Park discussion... :cautious:

Donaldfan1934

They dismissed our warning as a hatred for Frozen or a dying devotion to Maelstrom. Neither were accurate, yet they were so consumed by their own desire for instant gratification that they refused to see the bigger picture.
The instant gratification that you speak of is literally the driving force behind at least half of the projects that Disney has green lit in the past few years.

Imagineers: We need a response to Harry Potter.
Disney execs: Quick, build a land based on a movie that most people stopped caring about a little over a year after it was released. Who cares if we are currently in the process of trying to buy Lucasfilm outright and have the theme park rights regardless, we need a Potter Swatter NOW!!!!

Imagineers: We're building Star Wars Land for our DHS redo which will be unique to this park like Cars Land was to DCA.
Disney execs: No, build that in Disneyland too. Who cares whether or not its an absolutely terrible fit for that park, we need to capitalize off of the new movies NOW!!!!

And just in case this one ends up happening as speculated...

Imagineers: Universal has perpetual Florida theme park rights for virtually every family of Marvel characters except for the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Disney execs: Replace the Tower of Terror with a Guardians ride. Who cares if that attraction is a classic, we need Marvel money NOW!!!!

These all make the instant gratification of Frozen not look as bad now, don't they?

Last edited:

DisDan

The opening cast has arrived and start testing the ride after this sunday I believe...
Theyre gonna work nightshifts only, like from 10pm to 7am.

Thanks for the updates. My family is visiting WDW from 6/3 - 6/12 and we were planning on hitting EPCOT one of those days just to see this and (hopefully) the new Soarin upgrades ( I know ill miss the new film ). I am not sure if we should take the chance of going just on the off chance that there will be a soft opening. Do they ever announce soft openings?

ThemeParkJunkee

Okay, so I haven't checked in to this thread for a really long time. What on earth is that giant rock blob doing in the middle of Norway? Last time I checked there was a gray slab-like building thingy. Is this going to be some sort of "forced perspective" landscaping which will house the bathrooms and M&G? I haven't been following the construction because I had an entirely different idea of what was being done and I wasn't going to like it. I like this less.

Slowjack

The best example I can find is Everest... I would ride it one week, hairbands everywhere.. next week.. same hairbands with more added... Not once had anyone gone and cleaned it up.
Yes, what is the deal with Everest and hair bands? Is it now a rite of passage to leave one at the summit? It's these kinds of things that cheese me off more than anything. If Disney is going to charge top dollar, plus more for "peak" times, plus keep increasing the parking fees, etc., then I don't think it's asking too much for them to clean all the easily-cleaned areas each and every night. There was a time when the Shooting Gallery had to be painted every night, but they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom