Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

French Quarter

Is there any way to separate this thread into two threads? One about the actual progress and construction of the attraction and one to debate whether it should exist or not? I don't know if anyone else feels that way but it's a real joykill to come on looking for info about a new ride and having to wade through pages of complaints to get any actual information.

Wikkler

Is there any way to separate this thread into two threads? One about the actual progress and construction of the attraction and one to debate whether it should exist or not? I don't know if anyone else feels that way but it's a real joykill to come on looking for info about a new ride and having to wade through pages of complaints to get any actual information.
Originally this was the debate thread. No matter how hard many tried to keep the two topics separate, eventually the debate spilled over.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There is another thread for non-construction discussion, it's even linked to on the first post on this thread, but it's hard to get people to use it.

'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion.

Brer Panther

All this Frozen overload reminds me of a SpongeBob SquarePants episode.

It's called "The Krusty Sponge" and it's about a food critic visiting the Krusty Krab and praising SpongeBob above everything else. Mr. Krabs then gets the idea to convert the place into a SpongeBob-themed eatery, with Squidward stuck dressed in a SpongeBob suit, SpongeBob ice cubes, SpongeBob napkins, SpongeBob condiments, SpongeBob drinking straws, SpongeBob coasters, a SpongeBob kiddy train out front, and "Spongy Patties". Everyone, myself included, believes that the episode is a parody of Nickelodeon's milking SpongeBob.

sedati

They're not. Disney has even said it is not a ride about Norway. Nor does 'Norway,' 'Norwegian' or any other such variety of such terms get used to describe the changes and expansion.
Where did they specifically say that this ride is not about Norway? Didn't they show footage of a research trip for the expansion showing how they took architectural elements from Norway to design the Meet and Greet buildings?

NearTheEars

image.jpeg

As seen on my way to DC earlier this week out of Orlando. The kids in the terminal we're going nuts singing.

Reminded me to check back in on this thread, but it looks like updates have gone cold.

DisneyGentleman

I think a third thread would even be better - one that is limited to arguments over what should be in threads.

StarLord01

Sad to see the Viking's ride leaving Epcot as it has been around for ages and still remember as young child thinking the drops on the ride were massive ;)

Saying that Disney were always going to cash in on Frozen and seeing that Epcot is less then a day (with younger children), Disney have had to change it so kids will want to spend longer in Epcot and Parents will spend more money on Merchandise.

Guessing I will have to get use to seeing 90min on the waiting time :arghh:

At least it might make the test track line shorter:)

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
View attachment 115813

As seen on my way to DC earlier this week out of Orlando. The kids in the terminal we're going nuts singing.

Reminded me to check back in on this thread, but it looks like updates have gone cold.
You should expect this on Norwegian Airlines because of it's perfect cultural and accurate representation of their most glorious City of Arendelle. However, it's just Canadian Airline WestJet putting this on their plane. So, should they put a Frozen attraction in Canada? They have snow too? How about Germany and Japan, since they have snow? The US has snow, along with China, Italy, France and the UK. Even Mexico has snow. They have a toonified boat ride already. It would have been cheaper to slap Frozen in there with the existing screens.

Anyway, it's a nice paint job. From what I understand, the attraction is starting to shape up in parts of the building. Maybe the mural in the attraction will match the paint job on the plane.

*1023*

docmidnite

I'm sure this will be a fine addition to Norway - I just hope they adapt some of the other pavilions for more content. After visiting Disneyland Paris this year, I can't get over how much fun the Ratatouille ride was. Perfect place in France for that. Also, for them to use that space to expand Norway, seems a bit, wasteful. I would have loved a new country. Hopefully after all of these expansions on other parks is completed Disney will throw some much needed love into Future World and World Showcase.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm sure this will be a fine addition to Norway - I just hope they adapt some of the other pavilions for more content. After visiting Disneyland Paris this year, I can't get over how much fun the Ratatouille ride was. Perfect place in France for that. Also, for them to use that space to expand Norway, seems a bit, wasteful. I would have loved a new country. Hopefully after all of these expansions on other parks is completed Disney will throw some much needed love into Future World and World Showcase.

You can use this thread for posts that are not related to the actual construction progress...

'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion.

SpaceMountain77

I assume you are referring to the M&G. It's all just a decorative facade so it will all get themed.

I thought it would be more similar to other towns and villages in World Showcase, where the buildings are all connected and seamlessly blend from one to the next. Based on the photos, the gaps look large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom