Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castle Cake Apologist

Nice. You make an all encompassing statement about what the World Showcase is about, I suggest maybe you are exaggerating, and now I am the bad guy? Sheesh, I would hate to think of a single opinion world (showcase)

I think you're confused. That was my first post here. I never made any all encompassing statements about anything. Simply refuted a statement that you made with a personal anecdote.

Sped2424

It is amazing how this concept seems to totally baffle, and is really quite sad. Education isn't actually about just passing a test and then you know everything. It is a continuous, never ending process. The whole point of World Showcase is to inspire people to seek out more information. It's an introduction that is more than just text or videos; but with actual people and an experiential environment.
Very true, I adore frozen but it's not going to inspire the average guest after a ride through to learn more about norway. It may compel them to buy some olaf plush's but that's about it. Such a shame.

Sped2424

Is it? Really? I thought maybe it was to educate, entertain, and make a profit? I have been to WS multiple times over 5 visits and not once have I got back to the resort or even home and Googled for more info. Maybe I am looking at it wrong?
You're not looking at it wrong, but you aren't getting the whole picture. I went to the fake stave church at the norway pavilion, made me wonder how large the real one was. Before I knew it I learned a little bit about a place I have never been too. That's what the world showcase was intended to do.

lazyboy97o

Yes, there's a reason why you can find informational travel brochures at each pavilion. The pavilions are essentially commercials in the hopes that some tourists will decide to visit that country and spend more money there.
Being a "commercial" is not some inherent vice. It's far more ambitious to try and encourage people to travel the world than to pander to those afraid of what they don't already know know from film.

Matt_Black

Yes, yes, I'm sure all those foreign companies poured all that money into sponsorship as a gesture of goodwill with the hope of expanding knowledge first and foremost.

mikeh

Any new pics lately? I can't wait to see what the exterior will look like!

Epcot_09142015-12.jpg

Hula Popper

Very true, I adore frozen but it's not going to inspire the average guest after a ride through to learn more about norway. It may compel them to buy some olaf plush's but that's about it. Such a shame.

Yeah, there's no way anything to do with Frozen could inspire any interest in Norway.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/frozen-frenzy-includes-tourism-norway-article-1.1818204

And it's too bad the Stave Church that inspired you is being ripped out such that all the people that will flock to the Norway pavilion for the Frozen attraction will miss out on it.

brb1006

When the ride finally opens, I wonder what guests would think of it? I love the Marshmellow bit after you pass the "Let It Go" sequence.

SpaceMountain77

We just returned from our trip to WDW and I was surprised to find all of the Frozen/Princess merchandise relegated to the back corner of The Puffin's Roost. Laila, Essence of Norway, is back in the blue, middle room. Overall, The Puffin's Roost feels empty, with many available spaces for additional merchandise fixtures.

WildcatDen

I think you're confused. That was my first post here. I never made any all encompassing statements about anything. Simply refuted a statement that you made with a personal anecdote.
You are right. Sorry. It was a statement made by a certain lazy boy that I was refuting.

Castle Cake Apologist

adam.adbe

FYI, I wrote another article on Frozen Ever After this week bringing up the capacity concerns.

The capacity aspect always seemed to me to be the most glaring issue with mapping Frozen onto the Maelstrom ride system. Also, are they going to open the World Showcase at 9AM alongside FW, or is it just going to be a weird shuttered expanse with one running attraction for two hours in the morning?

mergatroid

The capacity aspect always seemed to me to be the most glaring issue with mapping Frozen onto the Maelstrom ride system. Also, are they going to open the World Showcase at 9AM alongside FW, or is it just going to be a weird shuttered expanse with one running attraction for two hours in the morning?

Good point. I'd imagine if Frozen is as popular as people expect it to be, that Disney would initially open all of world showcase early to maximise profits from the increased crowds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom