Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiddimizer

The capacity aspect always seemed to me to be the most glaring issue with mapping Frozen onto the Maelstrom ride system. Also, are they going to open the World Showcase at 9AM alongside FW, or is it just going to be a weird shuttered expanse with one running attraction for two hours in the morning?

That would mean a lot more early risers for the folks in the Disney International Program. I already feel bad enough for the lucky Norweigans who get to operate Frozen. Maybe it'll be such a nightmare that they won't even bother with the cultural representation thing and just have seasoned cast members work it...it's not like it's set in the real world anyway.

Sped2424

Yeah, there's no way anything to do with Frozen could inspire any interest in Norway.
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/frozen-frenzy-includes-tourism-norway-article-1.1818204

And it's too bad the Stave Church that inspired you is being ripped out such that all the people that will flock to the Norway pavilion for the Frozen attraction will miss out on it.
...What? Frozen is inspired by norway and arendelle is a fictional country. While the millions of interviews, ads, and specials stating where this movie got it's inspiration from is going to let people know where to look the ride won't be displaying any of that info. If the attraction was a Frozen guide through Norway I wouldn't be as hesitant, but it's not. It's purely a Frozen attraction without any of the other context letting guests know that this film takes cues from Norway.

Unlike all the specials, interviews, and statements the company has said in order for people to get that this film was placed in Norway. The ride unlike the one before it won't give you any more info, or contextual information about the real country. That's a problem. You can like Frozen and dislike what is happening here. And my use of the stave church was an example to how the World Showcase works in order to get you to seek information, a claim to which you denied. I don't know why you are so salty about this but I would recommend a more reasonable attitude before people just start hitting ignore on you.

aladdin2007

How is that possible?????
We have been told that the only Norway left in the pavilion is the name?? All else was to be Frozenitized? Could it be, the assumptions are wrong?

I can't tell if your truly asking lol or being sarcastic, yes the ride will be frozen but the rest will retain Norwegian. Im sensing a new initiative even for more Norwegian such as all the new merch they just rolled out. Hoping it leads to more.

aladdin2007

We just returned from our trip to WDW and I was surprised to find all of the Frozen/Princess merchandise relegated to the back corner of The Puffin's Roost. Laila, Essence of Norway, is back in the blue, middle room. Overall, The Puffin's Roost feels empty, with many available spaces for additional merchandise fixtures.

I commented on this a few posts back with a review, but found it to be a huge positive. They removed the princess stuff entirely which needed to get out of there, and put the frozen stuff in the back room which I thought was a good move. All the rest is now fully themed Norwegian merch through all the other rooms, with brand new lines of items and branded Norway world showcase merch now in those spaces. They did a great job in terms of selection and design. It felt renewed with a good layout, and a renewed sense of Norway...But to each their own.

Clamman73

From just now
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Disneyhead'71

I can't tell if your truly asking lol or being sarcastic, yes the ride will be frozen but the rest will retain Norwegian. Im sensing a new initiative even for more Norwegian such as all the new merch they just rolled out. Hoping it leads to more.
Oddly enough, removing actual cultural and historical content and replacing it with sweaters is the definition of anti-intellectualism.

lazyboy97o

What they should of done is, instead of a Frozen ride, did a spiritual sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean called Vikings of the Baltic. I really do hope though that they add something educational about Norway in it instead of just Let It Go over and over and over.
They're not. Disney has even said it is not a ride about Norway. Nor does 'Norway,' 'Norwegian' or any other such variety of such terms get used to describe the changes and expansion.

SpaceMountain77

I commented on this a few posts back with a review, but found it to be a huge positive. They removed the princess stuff entirely which needed to get out of there, and put the frozen stuff in the back room which I thought was a good move. All the rest is now fully themed Norwegian merch through all the other rooms, with brand new lines of items and branded Norway world showcase merch now in those spaces. They did a great job in terms of selection and design. It felt renewed with a good layout, and a renewed sense of Norway...But to each their own.

The intent of my post was to provide an observation from our recent trip. When compared to China, Japan and the United Kingdom, the Puffin's Roost feels more sparse.

I am more aware of space and fixtures because I push my Mom in her wheelchair. When visiting the various shops, I make note of the locations that uphold the 3' ADA compliance regulation. The Puffin's Roost was easily maneuvered with a standard wheelchair because it has ample space.

DisDan

Well I think the very fact that the ride is in the Norway pavilion will at least pique the interest of some (kids & adults) to wonder about Norway. Since it appears to have "something" to do with their beloved tale of 2 sisters. I mean even if Disney doesn't come out and talk about the inspiration they based the film on, at least placement alone will do it.

Edit: Just trying to think positive here, not defending the location where Disney is placing this attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom