Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You're probably correct, but, does wringing your hands and whining about it before it is even a reality matter to anyone at all. Does deciding before it actually becomes a three dimensional being, basing judgment based on paper drawings any more sane then "waiting to see" what actually is there and what actually happens. The gloom and doomers may be absolutely correct in their thoughts, however, to state so emphatically what it will be is what might be called the Nostradamus Syndrome. Anyone with that clear a vision into the future, should be extremely in demand by everyone for their incredible ability.
I totally understand where your coming from and to an extent, yes, I agree. Im not exactly placing judgement on the attraction itself. I WILL ride it, and I will most likely enjoy it for what it is.

That being said, my attitude comes from a point of what @lazyboy97o referred to above. You cant physically "see" the concept/idea of this being a "good fit" for either Epcot or World Showcase regardless of ones ability (or lack thereof) to appreciate the cultural element that is being abandoned in favor of a quick move to appeases the masses. The very same masses that overlook the elements and conceptual design that went into making Epcot a distinctly contrasting theme park to the Magic Kingdom simply because they want another ride. They overlook it through no fault of their of their own so please dont take that as any insult towards them. Theyre like children who want ice cream right before bedtime and Disney is the parent giving it to them knowing full well the nightmares it will bring, but it will shut them up for the moment.

Goofyernmost

I totally understand where your coming from and to an extent, yes, I agree. Im not exactly placing judgement on the attraction itself. I WILL ride it, and I will most likely enjoy it for what it is.

That being said, my attitude comes from a point of what @lazyboy97o referred to above. You cant physically "see" the concept/idea of this being a "good fit" for either Epcot or World Showcase regardless of ones ability (or lack thereof) to appreciate the cultural element that is being abandoned in favor of a quick move to appeases the masses. The very same masses that overlook the elements and conceptual design that went into making Epcot a distinctly contrasting theme park to the Magic Kingdom simply because they want another ride. They overlook it through no fault of their of their own so please dont take that as any insult towards them. Theyre like children who want ice cream right before bedtime and Disney is the parent giving it to them knowing full well the nightmares it will bring, but it will shut them up for the moment.
Well, isn't that what theme parks are all about. They never were museums and never should have been. I understand the concept change as far as Epcot is concerned, but, it is no longer an issue because that is the new course that they decided to take. Our choices are to accept that and continue to support it financially or reject it and not. Either way we have to acknowledge that things are different and, from what I can see, have no intention of going back in the foreseeable future.

I also understand that the idea of capacity seem to be a glaring problem as we speak, but, I also think that the popularity of the Frozen franchise will diminish over time and the demand will be adjusted to what it can do now, but, comfortably. You can add on to an attraction fairly easily, but you cannot make it smaller without hurting everything about it. (Imagination is a prime example of that)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I understand the concept change as far as Epcot is concerned, but, it is no longer an issue because that is the new course that they decided to take.
Theres nothing wrong with a new course. There should always be changes, updates, and exploration into new areas. The course they seem to have taken though is none of those things exactly. They are going down a course they have taken many times.

Either way we have to acknowledge that things are different and, from what I can see, have no intention of going back in the foreseeable future.
I guess thats where the confusion sets in. I dont want Epcot to "go back to what it used to be". I never have. There are so many ways they could keep an edutainment style theme and still cater to the people who could care less about the cultural aspect and jst want to ride a ride. But they just went with full blown fantasyland and ignored any challenge of keeping a cohesive style. Sure, there are some who argue that because the Stave Church is still there and that the bakery still sells Norwegian treats that there is still an educational element. While true, its an extremely diminished element.

In all fairness, its not as if people were stepping off Maelstrom and had been transformed into Norwegian experts, but that wasnt the intention of the ride. It was s imply a showcase that accented the other aspects of the entire pavilion which served as a great experience. Now it will be a discombobulated hodge podge of fantasy and character M&G's with a tiny sprinkle of Norwegian architecture serving as the last remnant of educational value.

lazyboy97o

its not as if people were stepping off Maelstrom and had been transformed into Norwegian experts
It is amazing how this concept seems to totally baffle, and is really quite sad. Education isn't actually about just passing a test and then you know everything. It is a continuous, never ending process. The whole point of World Showcase is to inspire people to seek out more information. It's an introduction that is more than just text or videos; but with actual people and an experiential environment.

flyerjab

Took a few quick photos of the new Norway construction. I noticed a lift in back of the main Norway pavilion. I assumed that this is for the new ride.

image.jpg

I also took one of the new M&G building. I noticed some steel framework I had not seen in July.

image.jpg

aladdin2007

For those of you interested, they have introduced all new Norwegian merchandise in the store. All of the princess stuff has been removed (finally), and the first room is now all Norwegian with new shirts and gifts. Laila/Geir has been moved into the blue fancy room if you will in the middle, the next is all sorts of new plush trolls and the Marius line of products. (Big troll still remains in middle wooden room) some of the Helley Hansen clothing and other clothing is also now in this room, with the Frozen merch now in the far back room where Hansen use to be. (In anticipation of the ride's exit next year no doubt). It looks really nice, and more Norwegian merch than ever before with frozen contained only in one area. Liking this new emphasis/flow on things "Norwegian", they did a good job and its great to see happening. Hopefully more to come.

Castle Cake Apologist

Is it? Really? I thought maybe it was to educate, entertain, and make a profit? I have been to WS multiple times over 5 visits and not once have I got back to the resort or even home and Googled for more info. Maybe I am looking at it wrong?

Maybe you just don't like to learn? Speaking for myself, and I'm sure countless other visitors, World Showcase has absolutely inspired me to seek out further information about the countries represented.

WildcatDen

Maybe you just don't like to learn? Speaking for myself, and I'm sure countless other visitors, World Showcase has absolutely inspired me to seek out further information about the countries represented.
Nice. You make an all encompassing statement about what the World Showcase is about, I suggest maybe you are exaggerating, and now I am the bad guy? Sheesh, I would hate to think of a single opinion world (showcase)

WildcatDen

Well for some people (Math teacher for example) I am sure that calculus class inspired them. You're experience is not the only experience. Just sayin'.
Did I say your calculus class? Nope said my, as in me, as in not you. Pot, meet kettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom