Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

No no no don't twist this. Frozen's demand is dangerous to the point of putting the attraction in the low capacity maelstrom was not only stupid but irresponsible. This is going to be a bit of a different ballgame than your standard high in demand eticket.
I'm not twisting anything. I stated a fact. I didn't say anything about the wisdom behind putting in Frozen.

GrumpyFan

Regardless of what the demand is right now, and even after it opens, I just have to wonder where we'll be in 5-10 years down the road. Will this be another Tiki Room (or Stitch's Great Escape) situation, where they look back and figure it was better off before they gave it the Frozen treatment?

Bocabear

I am sure the popularity of the Frozen characters will wane in time... I think it already is starting to a bit... they seem to have more staying power then stitch...I always felt like Disney was cramming Stitch down my throat...they rode that horse WAY to long. Does Tokyo still have the Stitch Tiki Room?

aladdin2007

I am sure the popularity of the Frozen characters will wane in time... I think it already is starting to a bit... they seem to have more staying power then stitch...I always felt like Disney was cramming Stitch down my throat...they rode that horse WAY to long. Does Tokyo still have the Stitch Tiki Room?

I believe so, but then its a pretty cute well done show, compared to the atrocity stitch show in tomorrowland, except for the animatronic.

boufa

I think that they try to hard with several properties that they own. I don't understand the connection between Magic Bands and the Incredibles. They have so many great "magic" tie ins, but they went that way with it. I think in the end the overall popularity of the characters won't hurt the ride too much. I will ride it, never saw the movie, and I enjoy the mexico ride, even though I never saw that movie. I even enjoy splash, but nearly no one alive has seen that movie. Peter Pan flopped in its latest run at the theatre (not a disney movie) and I have only a passing interest in Winnie the Pooh, but I enjoy all of those attractions. While I think the crowds will taper off, a quality attraction is a quality attraction no matter how close you are to the characters.

Stitch is the perfecta, hate the attraction, hate the character, didn't like the movie.

nolatron

This. It's going to ruin World Showcase as it's going to become congested.

Combine that with the bar-hop that WS has become lately and it really kills the atmosphere for us. I don't know how many bachelor/bachelorette/drinking t-shirt groups/loud,obnoxious drunk people that my family and I had to get pass during our last visit to WS.

Sped2424

I'm not twisting anything. I stated a fact. I didn't say anything about the wisdom behind putting in Frozen.
Facts that had nothing to do with the situation that Frozen is going to create. I can list random facts as well, for example there is a room inside cinderella's castle that millions of guests won't get to experience. Guess it and Frozen ever after have something in common.

peter11435

Facts that had nothing to do with the situation that Frozen is going to create. I can list random facts as well, for example there is a room inside cinderella's castle that millions of guests won't get to experience. Guess it and Frozen ever after have something in common.
Except it is relevant because the discussion was about the demand for the attraction being greater than its capacity. Which is something not exclusive to Frozen. Again I never said putting frozen in that venue was a great idea. just that the capacity problem exists on many attractions. Your reference is not similar because most guests don't even know that room exists.

Launchpad McQuack

I think that they try to hard with several properties that they own. I don't understand the connection between Magic Bands and the Incredibles. They have so many great "magic" tie ins, but they went that way with it. I think in the end the overall popularity of the characters won't hurt the ride too much. I will ride it, never saw the movie, and I enjoy the mexico ride, even though I never saw that movie. I even enjoy splash, but nearly no one alive has seen that movie. Peter Pan flopped in its latest run at the theatre (not a disney movie) and I have only a passing interest in Winnie the Pooh, but I enjoy all of those attractions. While I think the crowds will taper off, a quality attraction is a quality attraction no matter how close you are to the characters.

Stitch is the perfecta, hate the attraction, hate the character, didn't like the movie.

Regarding the Incredibles and Magic Bands, I've always been under the impression that the connection is that Magic Bands are for your family adventure (vacation), and the Incredibles are Disney's most recognizable adventurous family.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Combine that with the bar-hop that WS has become lately and it really kills the atmosphere for us. I don't know how many bachelor/bachelorette/drinking t-shirt groups/loud,obnoxious drunk people that my family and I had to get pass during our last visit to WS.
I understand that can be annoying but as an adult (kid inside) I enjoying being about to relax with a beer or 2 and walk around the nations. Its one of my highlights when I visit Epcot.

Brer Panther

Regardless of what the demand is right now, and even after it opens, I just have to wonder where we'll be in 5-10 years down the road. Will this be another Tiki Room (or Stitch's Great Escape) situation, where they look back and figure it was better off before they gave it the Frozen treatment?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say YES.

I always felt like Disney was cramming Stitch down my throat...they rode that horse WAY to long. Does Tokyo still have the Stitch Tiki Room?
Ah yes, the "Stitch Must Be EVERYWHERE" phase... What other attraction was promoted like THIS?

43270_c_img.jpg

Hey, maybe they'll promote Frozen by making it look like Elsa froze every pavilion in the park. Or at least just Spaceship Earth.

All this talk of Frozen has made me curious as to whether or not the annual Christmas Parade will be a "Disney Parks Frozen Celebration" like last year...

Matt_Black

I understand that can be annoying but as an adult (kid inside) I enjoying being about to relax with a beer or 2 and walk around the nations. Its one of my highlights when I visit Epcot.

Indeed. There's nothing quite like enjoying an ice cream martini on a pleasant evening while waiting for Princess Aurora to come out so you can get a picture with her.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes

Ah yes, the "Stitch Must Be EVERYWHERE" phase... What other attraction was promoted like THIS?

43270_c_img.jpg

Hey, maybe they'll promote Frozen by making it look like Elsa froze every pavilion in the park. Or at least just Spaceship Earth.

All this talk of Frozen has made me curious as to whether or not the annual Christmas Parade will be a "Disney Parks Frozen Celebration" like last year...
No this year's Christmas parade will be Unforgettable.

TomHendricks

43270_c_img.jpg

They will add some icicles to the Yeti and claim that Elsa froze him. However when summer comes around the icicles won't melt and he will be stuck that way forever.

nolatron

Oh yeah, that I can certainly understand. :) It's just the mini-frat party groups we've seen moving around WS that are the eye-sore to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom