Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

Those are some really funny predictions there! I'm betting that Frozen is going to have INSANE crowds there and some of the longest waits in Disney history.

I'm still going with the ride being Fastpass only. So the crowdpocalypse won't happen. Except at Guest Services when people find out it's Fastpass only.

MagicHappens1971

Off topic, but with storymaker finally going online, has anyone heard if there will be any interactive elements of the queue? Like an Olaf AA that can talk to you or something to that effect?

MagicHappens1971

I'm still going with the ride being Fastpass only. So the crowdpocalypse won't happen. Except at Guest Services when people find out it's Fastpass only.
If it was fastpass only, the regular line and fastpass lines would be merged, so it would just reduce the amount of people not in the building?

aladdin2007

And if that's accurate, then the waterfall is staying.

the little pic now makes sense, I could see last week in person that the opening in the rocks was being rounded off at the top in a larger opening, arc shape.....so yes I would say the waterfall is staying and it looks like going to appear bigger.

aladdin2007

also is looking like more fortress style theming (like the real akershus architecture wise) I cant put the full pic up on here, but checkout the full size image on the map, you will see more of a fortress look with new round castle crowned turret like embellishments.

MagicHappens1971

As @aladdin2007 said, it's more fortress style now. Disneyworld.com says that the Royal Sommerhus is where I marked it, but isn't that the wrong location?
JAKS.png

spiritofNorway

Wheelchairs/ecv on the boats?
On a ride that was opened way later than it should because the constructionerror that made people fall out of the boats...? Haha.

I dont believe this will be a good idea. Theres also a boat stop right after the slide, which makes the boat stop quite hard and fast. Luckily the ride often e-stops automagically before this happens.

It would also be a big pressure on pushing the numbers of riders per hour here. Our goal on Maelstrom was 1000 per hour. It used to be more, but the boat number was reduced from 10 to 8 cause of many e-stops/sensorissues. I remember l accidentially pushed a button and suddenly the system believed there were 9 boats in rotation and the whole system started running at a higher speed.

With the extension of the track, maybe they can have 10 boats in rotation again, maybe more. But I dont think the real capacity of the ride will be more than 1500 per hour.

Cesar R M

Crowd level predictions for areas of Epcot once this thing goes live:
View attachment 132969
Key:
Black - Buildings.
Blue - Water areas, which will have people in them during busier periods of the day.
Dark Green - Vegetation, which will have roughly half the crowds of the pathways around them.
Green - Deserted
Yellow - Areas populated by people here for Soarin', Test Track, or Mission: SPACE, or people desperately trying to find children's rides
Orange - Crowded
Red - Hope you brought camping gear.
then Disney will throw everywhere insane PR about the "incredible success!!!" of the "unforgettable experience", and thus will price hike Epcot at 200 USD per day, or a 150 USD + 75 USD Frozen front of the line package. :hilarious:

twilight mitsuk

Wheelchairs/ecv on the boats?
On a ride that was opened way later than it should because the constructionerror that made people fall out of the boats...? Haha.

I dont believe this will be a good idea. Theres also a boat stop right after the slide, which makes the boat stop quite hard and fast. Luckily the ride often e-stops automagically before this happens.

It would also be a big pressure on pushing the numbers of riders per hour here. Our goal on Maelstrom was 1000 per hour. It used to be more, but the boat number was reduced from 10 to 8 cause of many e-stops/sensorissues. I remember l accidentially pushed a button and suddenly the system believed there were 9 boats in rotation and the whole system started running at a higher speed.

With the extension of the track, maybe they can have 10 boats in rotation again, maybe more. But I dont think the real capacity of the ride will be more than 1500 per hour.

is it true they are extending the track?

Disney Analyst

I mean, realistically it means you have about.. what? an extra 30 seconds of ride time with an added show scene that the old ride did not have? I would assume the first part of the ride won't be too fast going to the old lift hill... so roughly 30 seconds?

That works for me.. I actually think this ride needed a better opening moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom