Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Magenta Panther

Found this great picture of over the wall of the Royal Sumerhaus on facebook, thought I'd share.
View attachment 145864

charlie_brown_says_bleah_by_dth1971-d345wjv.jpg

rioriz

Cause those situations are ok so this one is too
Yes...in the manner in which World Showcase was originally built and concieved. Yes it is ok

just think of the mess it would be IF all expansion pads were utilize...boy Mt Fuji would be a horror seen from the US

Last edited:

FigmentForver96

Yes...in the manner in which World Showcase was originally built and concieved. Yes it is ok
When i am in China, unless I am on the main path, I cannot look to the left and see Norway. When I turnaround and look across the lagoon and see other countries yes that was a design plan. This was oversight or just not caring, hard to tell nowadays.

rioriz

When i am in China, unless I am on the main path, I cannot look to the left and see Norway. When I turnaround and look across the lagoon and see other countries yes that was a design plan. This was oversight or just not caring, hard to tell nowadays.

see my edit about expansion plans...its not the worst thing...we could be looking at Mexico from the base of an Ice Castle

Marc Davis Fan

I respectfully disagree with those who find the golden yellow color of the new facade to be discordant, visually. While I've never been to Norway, I've been to Stockholm and other areas of Sweden on a few occasions, and that same goldenrod hue (often seen alongside forest green, cinnamon and brick red, as well as every color of natural stone imaginable) is the most popular color for buildings in the historic areas. While I realize that it's not a color we often see in American design, to me, the yellow facade screams, "Scandinavia!" much more pointedly than ever before.

It is very good to hear about the accuracy of this color scheme.

On the other hand, I think it's important to note that accuracy is not the only goal of Disney's architectural placemaking. Among other significant factors is aesthetic/visual harmony. If the yellow detracts from the feel of this area, it could still be a problem.

I'm withholding judgment until everything is definitely complete and the walls are down, but that is my concern.

NearTheEars

That yellow wall is horribly out of place. The other two facades look good, but that yellow wall is so visually offensive. It assaults the eyes because it's shoehorned in.

Offensive? Have you seen it in person yet?
It works pretty well IMO the last few times I've been over there.
Obviously color is very subjective. But I'm glad they went with an authentic scheme.

Bocabear

In person, the color is really not that bad...and the building as a whole looks fine. I do not understand the necessity for even changing the exterior as the original building fit beautifully and looked very nice... Seems like that money could have been spent elsewhere, but all is all, in person it looks very nice. The Sommerhaus area also looks very beautiful...

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Much like many others here, I really loved Maelstrom. I am going to do my best to keep an open mind when riding Frozen Ever After and not let the nostalgia of Maelstrom sour my opinion of it.

I was just there a few weeks ago and although the pics are great, seeing it in person is even better. This is going to be really beautiful once it opens up. Can't wait to visit Epcot again in the coming weeks.

Monorail_Red_77

In person, the color is really not that bad...and the building as a whole looks fine. I do not understand the necessity for even changing the exterior as the original building fit beautifully and looked very nice... Seems like that money could have been spent elsewhere, but all is all, in person it looks very nice. The Sommerhaus area also looks very beautiful...

Maybe they were trying to get a refurb squeezed into the project as well. Instead of opening and then throwing up a bunch of scrims again in a few months for exterior refurb. Just a guess though. :facepalm:

bebert

Are they still selling Helly Hansen in the shop or did they remove it completely? I really hope not, that was the one shopping trip I enjoyed at WDW.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe they were trying to get a refurb squeezed into the project as well. Instead of opening and then throwing up a bunch of scrims again in a few months for exterior refurb. Just a guess though. :facepalm:

Probably also wanted to give a bigger "visible change" to exterior. Make new ride appear bigger change perhaps or even just to differentiate it from Maelstrom ... :arghh: I'll be okay... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom