Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

Cesar R M

Maybe they were trying to get a refurb squeezed into the project as well. Instead of opening and then throwing up a bunch of scrims again in a few months for exterior refurb. Just a guess though. :facepalm:
I actually wonder if the money was all budgeted and set. But the ride was cheaper than expected? and thus they decided to go "all in" to refurb the pavilion outside area?

aaronml

i heard 80 to 100 Million... Just for comparison sake, they are building a 10 story, 105 unit apartment building down the street whic will include a rooftop garden and swimming pool...the price is coming in at 22 million and that includes the cost of the land it sits on....
so...80 to 100 million hmmm...
Around $120 million was the "final" cost. I put "final" in quotes because FEA hasn't opened yet, and still has a few issues to work out. Hopefully it will still soft open on 6/17.

aladdin2007

Are they still selling Helly Hansen in the shop or did they remove it completely? I really hope not, that was the one shopping trip I enjoyed at WDW.

they are, but not as much as what use to be in the big back room. the hansen merch is now in part of the middle room with the big troll.

What is frozenstrom? TE="dstrawn9889, post: 7205300, member: 87140"]the archway they are talking about is b/t sommorheus and frozenstrom. it leads to the restrooms and the alleyway between the two attractions[/QUOTE]
What

aladdin2007

Bummer, what about Dale of Norway? Those two lines of merchandise took up a lot of space.

I did not see any Dale. Frozen of course takes up the most space now in that expanded back room, but the rest remains Norwegian merch. Not sure what the new Wandering Reindeer will carry, probably more of the same frozen stuff unless some Norwegian will be in there too.

MatthewWho13

Wow....and Expedition Everest and it's surrounding land cost 100 million...I can't even begin to imagine how it is possible...
With inflation both Everest and Frozen cost the same, I may have missed it but was the meet and great part of that number?

Also Depending on whats inside I can see the differences in cost. Roller coaster tracks and cars aren't the most expensive part of everest, it was the yeti and the structure. In todays dollars Big Thunder Mountain at MK would cost about 50 MIL

**EDITED to fix my numerical error** Too many people in a huff

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
At Epcot there is water running in waterfall fashion. I will try to upload a picture later

From Saturday...

skjermbilde-2016-06-11-18-23-26-png.145642

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom