Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
It IS called Frozen Ever After. "Frozenstrom" was a pejorative name given to it before the real name was released by those who felt (and still feel) that Frozen has no place in EP.
Pejorative/Portmanteau - Potato/Potahto

I still call it "Frozenstrom" and yet I am excited for the ride. I was never a huge fan of Maelstrom. We only ever rode it because it was there.

As long as the exterior of the pavilion is not toonified, I have no issues with the use of characters within the rides/shows/attractions/restaurants.

Animaniac93-98

It's true...I never understood putting a Princess Meal in there... never made sense

It was to compensate for the demand of Cinderella's Royal Table. Rather than build a second castle-type restaurant, they picked the closest other one they had and started doing character meals there. Keep in mind that when it first started, it was breakfast only, a meal never served previously at Akershus. Breakfast proved so popular that it was expanded to lunch and dinner.

At least they did not redo the interior and kept the Norwegian staff and food.

Akershus, like Le Cellier, was never particularily popular before the early 2000s. Nobody was really craving for Norwegian food and it was simply one of many dinner options available for Epcot guests. Then came the Princesses...and the dining plan, and now the place is always packed and a minor gold mine for the company. I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon unless some other location is built.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

It was to compensate for the demand of Cinderella's Royal Table. Rather than build a second castle-type restaurant, they picked the closest other one they had and started doing character meals there. Keep in mind that when it first started, it was breakfast only, a meal never served previously at Akershus. Breakfast proved so popular that it was expanded to lunch and dinner.

At least they did not redo the interior and kept the Norwegian staff and food.

Akershus, like Le Cellier, was never particularily popular before the early 2000s. Nobody was really craving for Norwegian food and it was simply one of many dinner options available for Epcot guests. Then came the Princesses...and the dining plan, and now the place is always packed and a minor gold mine for the company. I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon unless some other location is built.

True, Norwegian staff and some food is about all that is left. I think there is way too much in one small confined dead end space now, the frozen characters, the princesses, all crammed into one sliver of the park. A few Norwegian cast and a Norwegian sign on the new building is somehow suppose to still make it Norway, yet little else is..... but the crowds dont care and neither does disney so traffic jam patterns is what they will now have on their hands to deal with.

Cesar R M

With the help of insiders here, I was able to get a couple of pictures before my iPhone was confiscated.

The ride is still under construction!
View attachment 146046

Elsa and Anna scene!
View attachment 146047

Olaf up close!
View attachment 146048

Then they came after me, but I had time to post before they got me!!
View attachment 146049

View attachment 146050
DIXt42l.gif

It's true...I never understood putting a Princess Meal in there... never made sense...of course, now with FEA it at least makes a little more sense. I wish they would just remove the Akershus name and make it a Frozen Coronation Ball themed princess meal and be done with it... At least it could be a storyline that all the princesses have come to the coronation....and you are invited.... Make it a little fancier..a little more fanciful, and make it be it's own thing....Using the Akershus name just reminds me all the time that it used to be a real restaurant...
Jeeebus no.. dont give them ideas!

Then we will start seeing changes like Nine Dragons being renamed to Mushu's Noodle Shop. and so on...

Bocabear

DIXt42l.gif

Jeeebus no.. dont give them ideas!

Then we will start seeing changes like Nine Dragons being renamed to Mushu's Noodle Shop. and so on...
i hadn't thought of that...LOL...I was just thinking....the damage is done, now at least let it make sense...instead of a multi princess meal in a Norwegian fortress......kind of reminds me of Monty Python's Meaning Of Life....when they go to the restauraunt that has authentic polynesian food served in a medieval dungeon....

aaronml

Ugh. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the 6/17 Soft Open has been cancelled/delayed due to reliability issues :(. The Sommerhus / M&G should still soft open on Friday though. Right now the earliest I would expect to see a Soft Open is on Monday, but at this point I think the most likely scenario (barring a small miracle) would be that it will open on 6/21 with no soft open, which will likely be somewhat of an operational nightmare.

Mike S

Ugh. I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the 6/17 Soft Open has been cancelled/delayed due to reliability issues :(. The Sommerhus / M&G should still soft open on Friday though. Right now the earliest I would expect to see a Soft Open is on Monday, but at this point I think the most likely scenario (barring a small miracle) would be that it will open on 6/21 with no soft open, which will likely be somewhat of an operational nightmare.
I really have to ask how an S bend could cause this much trouble.

aaronml

I really have to ask how an S bend could cause this much trouble.
Believe it or not it isn't the S-bend from my understanding, at least not primarily. For some reason there have been some issues with boats sticking after the larger drop due to some issue with "boat skids", as well as some issues with AAs (including one AA that damaged itself) and some Ride Control systems.

Mat Cauthon

Good grief! First RoL doesn't work as intended and now "reliability issues" with FEA. WDI is not having a good year so far on new attractions.

Daveeeeed

I remember riding Maelstrom with my brother and cousins when I was eight, we rode it literally dozens of times one day. They would let us into that passageway back to the boarding area I believe as there was basically not a wait. In the years since I rode it at least once or twice every year, but it really wasn't that good of a ride, fun to ride it over and over again of course, but still lacked. Not worth anything over a 20 minute wait in my mind, so even though I have fantastic memories riding this, I'm pretty sure Frozen is going to be a significant improvement. Let's just hope they've increased capacity in some way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom