Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

t3techcom18

Having worked at the parks I can guarantee that cast are not sitting around for days at a time just playing with their phones. If they are not being put to work organizing and getting the cast areas of the ride put together they will be super greeting and out handing out stickers and pin trading while also helping with area stroller parking. Further if they know it's going to be days they will deploy the cast to other areas or even other parks until they are needed on site. If Disney is ride testing, it's possible they have a few cast on site to run the ride while they debug and adjust but that would be just a few people and likely the ride coordinators and or leaders and not your average joe cast member.

Some portions of this are true, others aren't.

1) In terms of organizing and putting together cast areas of the ride, can't do that until the fire marshall gives the all clear. Otherwise, it's at the contractor's/fire marshall's mercy. CM's can't build their own IKEA furniture if they wanted to...it's all engineering/maintenance who can only do that.

2) In terms of super greeting and such: the ones who are doing test and adjust right now are NOT the opening team CM's, but rather from Future World. Due to visa legalities, the Norwegian CM's are the only ones who can actually appear onstage. The Future World CM's are doing this until they get an opening crew in and start training their managers/coordinators and THEN the Norwegian trainers that will train the CM's (phew, long sentence). Last bit on the sitting around statement though: yes, test and adjust can be rather busy, or it can be extremely dull with only 1 thing to do for 8 hours. It happens, but yes, just as we find ways to spend the time, they do too. It's only human.

3) It's definitely true during test and adjust that few people would be onsite, but it's definitely not the coordinators or managers (and that isn't the case right now). Trainers, some non-statused coordinators (aka reliefs)? Yes. Statused coordinators or any managers? Not one bit.

catmandoo

I keep thinking it will be open long before I get there in September but if it keeps dragging along it might not be open when I am there.
Same here. I'm already annoyed I'm missing the new Frozen show in California by ONE DAY, I don't want to miss this in September as well, especially since we're not planning another trip for at least two years... maybe more.

jhastings74

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been asked/discussed, but when a new attraction opens, how do they handle releasing/booking FastPasses for it? Since it is supposed to be opening soon, will they have any available for later in the summer for people who are scheduling their FP's now? I've always wondered about that with any new attraction...when do they decide to make the attraction available for FP scheduling?

Flippin'Flounder

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been asked/discussed, but when a new attraction opens, how do they handle releasing/booking FastPasses for it? Since it is supposed to be opening soon, will they have any available for later in the summer for people who are scheduling their FP's now? I've always wondered about that with any new attraction...when do they decide to make the attraction available for FP scheduling?
We don't know. There haven't been many new attractions since FP+ started, so it's impossible to tell.

MOM2FOUR

How did they handle the Soarin FPs because it's opening 6/17? Seems like as soon as they announced its reopening the FPs were available a few days later.

Oriolesmagic

Thank God a new thread was created. My biggest (and one of the only) qualms with this site is how long some of threads can get before a new one is created. I would have never dug through that old thread to find this new concept art.

Moving on, the area that they are creating really looks quite nice! If they had done all of this just for a Frozen M&G and not touched Maelstrom? I think this would be perfect.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

How did they handle the Soarin FPs because it's opening 6/17? Seems like as soon as they announced its reopening the FPs were available a few days later.
As soon as Soarin' (Around the World) was announced for its reopening FPs were available that night or the next day, but Disney hasn't given a specific opening date, and we're very quickly approaching June. So if it is to open in June, I'd expect the announcement to be very last minute and for FPs to be available that night.

MOM2FOUR

As soon as Soarin' (Around the World) was announced for its reopening FPs were available that night or the next day, but Disney hasn't given a specific opening date, and we're very quickly approaching June. So if it is to open in June, I'd expect the announcement to be very last minute and for FPs to be available that night.

Talk about server crash! It would be smart for them to announce at least 31 days out to try to control the madness, but I guess their decision on when to open may be last minute. It's too early for my family to book our Fastpasses for our June trip, but if your scenario plays out and I already have my three FastPasses booked, can I go in and delete one and add the Frozen ride if available? This will be my first time booking them so I'm not familiar with the rules.

olie64

Talk about server crash! It would be smart for them to announce at least 31 days out to try to control the madness, but I guess their decision on when to open may be last minute. It's too early for my family to book our Fastpasses for our June trip, but if your scenario plays out and I already have my three FastPasses booked, can I go in and delete one and add the Frozen ride if available? This will be my first time booking them so I'm not familiar with the rules.

you should be able just to modify one of the fastpass in the app and make it into a new one, without having to delete. You would just be replacing one. Since Epcot is tiered you would have to switch it for one of the same tiered. I did this to get nighttime stuff at AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom