Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride (Part 2)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
info from another forum site (see below). Absolutely pathetic if true

Frozen is so far behind, that CM's assigned to the ride LITERALLY sit the whole day playing games on their cell phones. There is nothing for them to do.
. . . other attractions will not take people. . . to do so would inflate the manpower budget of the other attractions, and managers are responsible for budgetary constraints . . so, the Frozen CM's just sit around doing nothing

there is zero anticipated date(s) for the ride opening, either Soft or Hard Opening

Mike S

Frozen is so far behind, that CM's assigned to the ride LITERALLY sit the whole day playing games on their cell phones. There is nothing for them to do.
. . . other attractions will not take people. . . to do so would inflate the manpower budget of the other attractions, and managers are responsible for budgetary constraints . . so, the Frozen CM's just sit around doing nothing

there is zero anticipated date(s) for the ride opening, either Soft or Hard Opening
Could adding a small bend to a 26 year old ride really cause this much headache? Did they do their math wrong or something?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Could adding a small bend to a 26 year old ride really cause this much headache? Did they do their math wrong or something?

I think they've done a lot wrong personally....beginning at even the thought of replacing a small Maelstrom ride with a frozen one

I seriously have no faith in their management right now. 2016 is the year of delays, problems, price increases, and cuts. It's so magical!

Last edited:

MOM2FOUR

My first post here, but I've been following for many months. Going in June so really hoping this information provided to my parents is wrong....They were at Disney Springs Guest Relations last night and inquired for me about when the Frozen ride might be opening. My dad was told they are way behind and they are hearing that it won't be completed until late summer. I can't imagine why they would come out a few weeks ago and say June if they really can't open by then. I'm praying the employee is wrong because my two girls will be so disappointed. Just thought I'd pass along considering the recents posts about serious delays.

mimitchi33

Frozen is so far behind that CM's assigned to the ride LITERALLY sit the whole day playing games on their cell phones. There is nothing for them to do.
Talk about not caring about their guests. I've never heard of lazier people than this. Imagine how many families spent their money to go to Disney over this and will leave the park disappointed because the opening of the ride was delayed due to their laziness!

roj2323

Having worked at the parks I can guarantee that cast are not sitting around for days at a time just playing with their phones. If they are not being put to work organizing and getting the cast areas of the ride put together they will be super greeting and out handing out stickers and pin trading while also helping with area stroller parking. Further if they know it's going to be days they will deploy the cast to other areas or even other parks until they are needed on site. If Disney is ride testing, it's possible they have a few cast on site to run the ride while they debug and adjust but that would be just a few people and likely the ride coordinators and or leaders and not your average joe cast member.

Bolt

Having worked at the parks I can guarantee that cast are not sitting around for days at a time just playing with their phones. If they are not being put to work organizing and getting the cast areas of the ride put together they will be super greeting and out handing out stickers and pin trading while also helping with area stroller parking. Further if they know it's going to be days they will deploy the cast to other areas or even other parks until they are needed on site. If Disney is ride testing, it's possible they have a few cast on site to run the ride while they debug and adjust but that would be just a few people and likely the ride coordinators and or leaders and not your average joe cast member.
That and vehicles are cycling so Cast is needed onsite. With any testing period, I could imagine there are times when the Cast have downtime because they need to be on call in case they need to test something new. Are they coming in, clocking in and then just sitting around for 8 hours? Of course not.

Mike S

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

roj2323

This entire thing was just a bad idea. Frozen doesn't belong in Norway as it doesn't take place in Norway (no, having the country it DOES take place in sort of inspired by Norway doesn't count), it's taking forever to build, there's apparently some problems going on inside the building, the lines will be enormous and result in World Showcase having a million bottlenecks... It doesn't seem like they thought this idea through at all.

Please read the first post in this thread:

We tried this previously, and the original thread at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...n-construction-frozen-ever-after-ride.897759/ is mostly an off-topic mess.

It is way beyond the scope of moderation, so let's try this again.

1. If you want to discuss the merits of having a Frozen attraction in Epcot, and whether or not it fits, or anything not related to construction and the specifics of the actual attraction - go to Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

2. This thread is specially for construction updates, opening information, and specifics of the attraction. ANYTHING outside of this must be posted in the thread mentioned above in point 1.

Anything that does not meet the above criteria will be deleted. Anyone who continues to not follow the guidelines will be banned from posting in this thread.

Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom