Noodle Station to close again

Captain Hank

I hope they fiddle with the menu (if that's what they're doing) in a good way. There's still a way to make the food unique enough so that it isn't the standard burgers and fries, yet accessable enough to the standard park guest.

TravisMT81

I think it is hard to have a dining location that is strictly that genre, they need to mix it up a little. With that selection not being the main focus.

lamarvenoy

I'm not surprised it seems to me Disney is getting a little more neo-trendy ethnic with their food offerings. while some people really appreciate the change many "hot dog and hamburger" type visitors find themselves without familiar choices. I saw some pretty ethnicly influenced food at MGM and the land is also trendy in that style. I tried to eat at the land with my wife and 2 year old a couple of weeks ago and there was nothing he would eat and she wasn't enthusiastic either.

TravisMT81

I think they are trying to follow AK's sucess with more diverse food offerings. I ate at the Sunshine Seasons on opening day and it was quite delicious but I could see where there might be issues for families with kids.

speck76

TravisMT81 said:
I ate at the Sunshine Seasons on opening day and it was quite delicious but I could see where there might be issues for families with kids.

They can always eat at The Electric Umbrella.....

*loves the new food at Sunshine Seasons*

tinkish

Well, I hope it reopens with the same menu. Since I'm a vegetarian, I was really looking forward to a place that had some tasty vegetarian noodle offerrings.

lamarvenoy

speck76 said:
They can always eat at The Electric Umbrella.....

That's what we did. I prefer diverse foods but my 2 year old wasn't into the vibe. I'm surprised they didn't leave a couple of more common children's choices.

Bravesfn1

lamarvenoy said:
I'm not surprised it seems to me Disney is getting a little more neo-trendy ethnic with their food offerings. while some people really appreciate the change many "hot dog and hamburger" type visitors find themselves without familiar choices.

There are plenty of burger and hot dog places all over WDW. Pecos, Cosmic Ray's, Casey's Corner at MK. Electric Umbrella at Epcot etc. If people can't find typical offerings of burgers and dogs at any of the parks, its because they are not looking hard enough. I think more variety is good, especially if you are looking for something cheaper and quick.

rainfully

Bravesfn1 said:
Anybody try the pot stickers there? how were they? Want to try them in Oct., assuming it'll be open.

I didn't really like them all that much... they were a bit too overdone and hard... I wasn't impressed with any of the food at the Noodle Station, really.

brkgnews

They really do need to do something about drawing attention to the place.

Or perhaps sell earplugs so those with weak constitutions can avoid the repetitive bombardment of "Now approaching Tommorrowland Interplanetary Science Center." I don't mind it -- but I'm sure it's water torture to others.

BRER STITCH

I don't know what is the more surprising news:

That the Noodle Station is closing for a couple weeks, or that this is the same board on which I read rave reviews about the place since it opened! :veryconfu

If it re-opens as the Tomorrowland Shanghai Burger and Noodle Palace, I'll freak out!! :eek:

:lol:

Fran98765

We ate there last week. The food was ok, nothing spectacular. You do get a large styrofoam bowl of noodles for your money. My biggest complaint for this place was a lack of food choices for kids... how many kids want stir fry?? For our son we pulled out some of the noodles from our bowl and he ate that, luckily he is a huge noodle fan, but I can see a lot of kids hating this place. Even for adults I felt they didn't have enough choices, basically you can have a noodle bowl or a stir fry bowl. They could easily change it into a full asian restaurant and offer some better choices like traditional chicken or beef dishes.

tigsmom

Hopefully this is just for a re-tooling. I know its a limited menu, but with all of the other food choices in the area I really don't think that should be a big problem.
When we decide where to eat we try to find someplace that has something for all of us be it burgers, pizza or something a little different.

righttrack

The problem I have with it is more the name and what it implies. Its not a "noodle shop" in the tradition of noodle shops. They have noodles, but they serve other asian-inspired things (stir fry/steamed pork bun/teriyaki, etc). Nobody wants noodles in 90 degree heat in an open air restaurant. Even the noodle shops in Manhatten see a dropoff in customers in the summer (where they only serve noodles). I mean, would you choose soup in an outdoor cafe in 90 degree heat? So maybe the name needs to go or change. Its great food, and they need to empasize the variety of things they have and the huge quantity of food you get. Better signage and faster service would help. Hopefully they work it out.

tigsmom

righttrack said:
The problem I have with it is more the name and what it implies. Its not a "noodle shop" in the tradition of noodle shops. They have noodles, but they serve other asian-inspired things (stir fry/steamed pork bun/teriyaki, etc). Nobody wants noodles in 90 degree heat in an open air restaurant. Even the noodle shops in Manhatten see a dropoff in customers in the summer (where they only serve noodles). I mean, would you choose soup in an outdoor cafe in 90 degree heat? So maybe the name needs to go or change. Its great food, and they need to empasize the variety of things they have and the huge quantity of food you get. Better signage and faster service would help. Hopefully they work it out.

Thats a very good point! Maybe a name change would help draw more people in.

And for the record, I would eat soup 365 days a year and yes, I have been known to eat soup in 90+ degree weather. :lol:

tinkish

righttrack said:
Noodle shops are very popular is many Asian countries where the weather is very hot. From what I'm hearing, I think this particular shop does not appeal to some American tastes...for those of us who identify "American style" chinese food with noodles. But, I've seen lot's of successful noodle bars here in California...and they're great!

will_hsv

After looking at the places that we would like to eat while on our trip in December I noticed that most of those places where in Epcot's World Showcase. Do you think that Disney is trying to expand the offerings at Magic Kingdom to keep some of the people from migrating over to Epcot at night for Dinner?

The Genii

I was there last week. It was extremely crowded.
However, the food was truly disgusting.
My Pork Bun with "asian slaw" was vile.
The potstickers (more properly known as dumplings) were not hot, and the exterior was leathery. Again--inedible.
My wife had some sort of salad that was also inedible.
We threw the entire thing in the trash can and went elsewhere to eat rather than fight the line to try and get a refund.
We live in Washington DC and have eaten in many different Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and Vietnamese restaurants over the years, and the food in this place just sucked.
We were sitting a table away from an Asian family, and you should have seen the looks on their faces as they tried to eat the food!
I would strongly advise everyone to avoid the Noodle Station until they reopen it, probably with a new chef and rejiggered menu.

BRER STITCH

tigsmom said:
And for the record, I would eat soup 365 days a year and yes, I have been known to eat soup in 90+ degree weather. :lol:

I second that devotion! HAHA! :lol:

I would make it and eat it - in ANY weather! Mmmmmmmmmm!!!

Some of my best meals are "soup"!!! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom