Noodle Station to close again

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
rcc said:
Cosmic Ray's has offered a wide variety for a while. There are several counters that have different offerings, sort of a semi-food court set up. The following menu is from allearsnet . com:

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Poulet

1/2 Chicken and BBQ Rib Combination served with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $13.89

BBQ Rib Meal - 1/2 rack served with mashed potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $8.69

1/2 Rotisserie Chicken - with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $7.29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chick Encounter"

Fried Chicken Strips, served with choice of French Fries or carrots - $6.59

Grilled Chicken Sandwich, served with choice of French Fries of carrots - $6.79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Side

French Fries - $1.89

For Mickey's Little Friends Only Please

Chicken Noodle Soup served with cheddar crackers, applesauce, and choice of child beverage $3.99

Garden Salad with Chicken served with ranch dressing, cheddar crackers, applesauce and choice of child beverage $3.99

Mini Corn Dogs with choice of potato tots or carrots, applesauce and Child's beverage $3.99

Roasted Chicken Drumsticks - served with mashed potatoes, applesauce and choice of child beverage $3.99

Chicken Nuggets with choice of potato tots or carrots, applesauce and Child's beverage $3.99

Child beverage includes apple juice, lowfat milk or soft drink

Soup & Salad

Caesar Salad with Chicken $6.39; add your choice of Soup $7.89

Country Vegetable Soup - $1.99

Chicken Noodle Soup - $1.99

Sandwiches

Turkey Bacon Wrap served with grapes $6.09
with choice of soup $7.59

Grilled Chicken Sandwich served with seasonal pasta salad $6.39
with choice of soup $ 8.39

Burgers

Entrees served with your choice of toppings from our specialty bar

Meteor Meal - 1/2 pound Bacon Double Cheeseburger served with your choice of French fries or carrots $7.29

Cosmic Creations - 1/4 pound Cheeseburger served with your choice of French fries or carrots $5.79; add bacon $0.79

1/4-pound Beef Hot Dog - served with your choice of French fries or carrots $5.69; add bacon $0.79

Earthly Delight Vegetarian Burger - served with your choice of fries or carrots $6.19

Topping Bar: lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, relish, green peppers, mushroom, grilled onions, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, and cheese sauce

Kosher Selections
Products are Glatt Kosher
No Advance Notice Necessary

Beef Burger with Roll with potato croquettes $8.99

Kosher Chicken Strips with potato croquettes $8.99

Kosher Corned Beef on Rye Sub Roll served with potato croquettes $8.99

"Planetary-yum" Desserts

Haagen-Dazs - Vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate with almonds $3.49
Brownie (no sugar added) $2.49

Beverages

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange, Lemonade, Iced Tea - $1.99 $2.29
Iced Cappuccino - $2.79
Orange Juice - $2.39
Bottled Water - $1.25 or $2.00
Chocolate Milk - $1.99
Whole or Low Fat Milk - $1.29
Hot Cocoa or Hot Tea - $1.69
Coffee - $1.69 & $1.89

Wow thanks for the info. I don't remember that stuff being on the menu back in September! Maybe they changed it for the 50th!

Lauriebar

ksccar said:
Wow thanks for the info. I don't remember that stuff being on the menu back in September! Maybe they changed it for the 50th!

You may have missed the healthier items because they are sold on the right hand side of the serving area. The left hand side serves the hot dog/hamburger fare. I think that a lot of people miss out on these items because they assume that both sides sell the same food.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
There's actually 3 counters, side closest to Stitch, Mickey's Star Traders, etc.. is chicken, the middle is burgers and the far side facing the walkway near Mad Tea Party is soup, salad, and sandwich.

inafog

I hope they don't re-open with burgers and fries. I get absolutely sick of fries at WDW. I have the opposite problem to some of you; my 5-yr-old son has to have a variety of food--he won't eat the same meals two days in a row. Being able to get stir-fry for him instead of yet another hot dog would be great!

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Lauriebar said:
You may have missed the healthier items because they are sold on the right hand side of the serving area. The left hand side serves the hot dog/hamburger fare. I think that a lot of people miss out on these items because they assume that both sides sell the same food.

Well when I go in Dec I'll definitely look more carefully for the salads!! I did assume both sides were the same! Oh well I'll know next time. Thanks!

DWGIRL

I could not wait to eat there when I was planning our trip in early May but when we actually did it was terrible. I had the terriyaki chicken and dh had the chicken noodle bowl. The chicken in both of them had very nasty parts in it. It just was not good and satisfying. However, the pot stickers were good and I love the location. We had a table overlooking the castle so the kids were entertained by Cinderellabration while we ate. I would not eat there again. It just was not that good.

MysteryJames

About the shortstaffing:

I was on the College Program and it ended a week ago.

Of course the place was too understaffed. When the CPs for Spring/Spring Advantage began arriving, the Plaza Pavillion was under rehab to make it the noodle station. CP CMs couldn't be trained on NS until it came really close to opening, which was 2 months after the programs started. So they shoved all the Quick-Service CPs into ODF, Stands East/West, Pecos Bill's, or Cosmic's. So when it came time for Noodle Station to open, who could they bring in? They had to rely on Full/Part timers who wanted to transfer. And that was not very many.

I think they wouldn't have has as much a problem with staffing if there was a higher demand for CPs to want to extend.

I would have extended, however, I was not making any money, nor was I getting any college credit. Thus, I saw no reason to stay.

I am coming back to WDW as a seasonal CM, and I'm looking forward to it.
But I don't think I would ever do another CP.

FastMovingAngel

I wish Disney would add a year round mexican restaurant. The mexican place they have now is only open seasonally, which i do not understand. It would be ncie if it were open all yr. It would be agreat addition to all the places that serve hot dogs and hamburgers. I wish they would add something like rancho del zacalo at Disneyland.

speck76

FastMovingAngel said:
I wish Disney would add a year round mexican restaurant. The mexican place they have now is only open seasonally, which i do not understand. It would be ncie if it were open all yr. It would be agreat addition to all the places that serve hot dogs and hamburgers. I wish they would add something like rancho del zacalo at Disneyland.

Cantina de San Angel is open all year at Epcot, and is quite good

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
DispatchInhibit said:
The reason the Noodle Station will be closed is because of staffing issues. They DO NOT Have enough Cast Members to run both Cosmic Ray's and the Noodle Station. The entire WDW Resort is hurting for Cast Members because all of the international program and college program are leaving, everyone in Tomorrowland Attractions is on Mandatory 6 days a weeks and most people are working 60hrs+ and we are still short staffed.

And yet El Pirata y El Perico can resume operation during its closure...?

Where'd those people come from? It was only operating 2 days a week for the last month and with Terrace closed it goes into full daily operation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom