Noodle Station to close again

polynesiangirl

I really hope they're just retooling the menu/food quality/whatever, and not just totally scrapping the idea of serving more ethnic cuisine at MK. As someone mentioned before, there are already TONS and TONS of places in WDW to get "food people are comfortable with" like burgers and fries and hot dogs. It's not like the fact that this ONE place doesn't serve those things anymore means that there are no longer options for people that prefer more traditional American cuisine, or that soon they'll ALL be strictly "strange" food.

Personally, I like BOTH kinds of foods, but one of my very favorite is Asian cusine because you can make it super spicy and it's generally a little less heavy and greasy than a burger. Having the option of getting that kind of food (as long as it's good, which, I've heard bad and good things about the Noodle Station,) in more places in WDW is a nice change for someone like me, and a lot of the people I know with similar tastes.

End of my rant! :p I just hope I get to try some of these places and that they're not all gone by the time I get there in August! :wave:

marchofthecards

Not so Fast....food

Ok,

I am looking forward to trying this eatery. I have to wait a couple days though since we arrive June 3rd.

I have heard so much good, but few bad.

I commend WDW for branching out in flavours, culture and food. Getting away from the evil burger is all good!!! Don't you see?

This is yet another food line nowhere else in the park, nor has been tried. (without considering table service in EPCOT etc)....

Disney are giving it a go. If they have to rejig the menu (maybe this is why they are closing for a couple of weeks) without giving up, then I applaud them. If at first you don't succeed and all that........

Lets see how it is.... if it fails, it fails, but then no one can whinge away at WDW for not satisfying diversity in cuisine, and for indeed trying.

Have a good weekend Disneyites

Simesx

SummerInFL

DisneyInsider said:
There are a few problems with the noodle station that could be a cause for the problems it is having. First off, it isn't very out in the open. You can more or less miss it completely if you don't know it is there. the menu is also very selective, and you have to be willing to eat that stuff. It isn't really a place to go where everyone can get something.

I agree, while I tend to enjoy the oriental food that they offer I would be hard pressed to find something my children can eat. Besides it isn't much farther to walk to Cosmic Rays either. The only thing I do like about that place is its a good spot to sit and watch the stage show in front of the castle.

righttrack

The Noodle Station is a bit bland, a bit institutional, but overall the taste is different from other things in MK and that is good. MK is small enough so there needn't be "repeats" when it comes to food. Pizza on Main St., Burgers and Fish in Frontierland, Tacos in Adventureland, Asian and Chicken in Tommrowland is fine.

scorp111

I like the Station and the food is decent to me, but the place was almost always deserted on my last trip to WDW in Late April/Early May

DisneyPhD

We tried the noodle station for the 1st time in early May and we loved it. I thought the food was good and a good price. The potstickers were good, very smilar to what you get at a chain called Noodles. I also thought the prices were good (unlike the food at the new Sunshine Fair at the land).

I ate at the new place at MGM too and over all my favorite was the noodle station. I loved the fact it wasn't crazy busy and it was very fast.

I loved the giner creme burlee(can't spell that sorry@!) Yummy!!!!! :slurp:

Oh, and btw, the old plazza was my least favorite place to eat in all of WDW! So I don't miss that at all.

epcotfan

Nobody wants noodles in 90 degree heat in an open air restaurant.

I agree. I've always avoided the Plaza Pavillion because I didn't want to eat outside in the heat. Move the Noodle Station to the Adventureland Verandah.

JPVonDrake

Mousemerf, do you know the reason for the closure? Its way too soon for a refirbishing, and it seemed to be doing well if you visit during peak meal times. This restaurant has become a favorite after work lunch spot for me.

speck76

It was open last night, and very busy at around 8pm-9pm......

It looks like some more fixed signage has been installed within the past week, along with some other decorative items.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Why don't they just chunk the asian theme and go with a healthy food theme....salads, soups, and sandwiches.:slurp: There's too much "junk" food around WDW. I get tired of eating burgers and chicken strips. I understand that preparing salads is more time consuming but I think it would be worth a shot.

tigsmom

ksccar said:
Why don't they just chunk the asian theme and go with a healthy food theme....salads, soups, and sandwiches.:slurp: There's too much "junk" food around WDW. I get tired of eating burgers and chicken strips. I understand that preparing salads is more time consuming but I think it would be worth a shot.

While I'd like to see the Noodle Station remain open, I have to agree with the rest of your statement. That would stay more in line with my way of eating.

BRER STITCH

Ummmm......

Just when did they start forcing all these people who hate Chinese food to eat at the Plaza Pavillion????

Seems to me if you KNEW in advance a place sold noodles and other Chinese-style foods, you probably shouldn't go there expecting to get hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. :hammer:

Would you go to Pecos Bill's for spaghetti???

LONG LIVE THE TOMORROWLAND SHANGHAI NOODLE STATION OF THE FUTURE!!!

:king:

Lauriebar

ksccar said:

While I agree that more of this kind of food is needed around the parks, I don't think that it would be a good idea to have them at the Plaza Pavillion because Cosmic Ray's offers salads, veggie burgers, soups and grilled chicken right across the way.

I think the Noodle Station is a good idea that just needs to be tweeked a little.

rcc

ksccar said:
Cosmic Ray's offers salads?? When did they add that to the menu?

Cosmic Ray's has offered a wide variety for a while. There are several counters that have different offerings, sort of a semi-food court set up. The following menu is from allearsnet . com:

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Poulet

1/2 Chicken and BBQ Rib Combination served with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $13.89

BBQ Rib Meal - 1/2 rack served with mashed potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $8.69

1/2 Rotisserie Chicken - with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $7.29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chick Encounter"

Fried Chicken Strips, served with choice of French Fries or carrots - $6.59

Grilled Chicken Sandwich, served with choice of French Fries of carrots - $6.79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Side

French Fries - $1.89

For Mickey's Little Friends Only Please

Chicken Noodle Soup served with cheddar crackers, applesauce, and choice of child beverage $3.99

Garden Salad with Chicken served with ranch dressing, cheddar crackers, applesauce and choice of child beverage $3.99

Mini Corn Dogs with choice of potato tots or carrots, applesauce and Child's beverage $3.99

Roasted Chicken Drumsticks - served with mashed potatoes, applesauce and choice of child beverage $3.99

Chicken Nuggets with choice of potato tots or carrots, applesauce and Child's beverage $3.99

Child beverage includes apple juice, lowfat milk or soft drink

Soup & Salad

Caesar Salad with Chicken $6.39; add your choice of Soup $7.89

Country Vegetable Soup - $1.99

Chicken Noodle Soup - $1.99

Sandwiches

Turkey Bacon Wrap served with grapes $6.09
with choice of soup $7.59

Grilled Chicken Sandwich served with seasonal pasta salad $6.39
with choice of soup $ 8.39

Burgers

Entrees served with your choice of toppings from our specialty bar

Meteor Meal - 1/2 pound Bacon Double Cheeseburger served with your choice of French fries or carrots $7.29

Cosmic Creations - 1/4 pound Cheeseburger served with your choice of French fries or carrots $5.79; add bacon $0.79

1/4-pound Beef Hot Dog - served with your choice of French fries or carrots $5.69; add bacon $0.79

Earthly Delight Vegetarian Burger - served with your choice of fries or carrots $6.19

Topping Bar: lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, relish, green peppers, mushroom, grilled onions, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, and cheese sauce

Kosher Selections
Products are Glatt Kosher
No Advance Notice Necessary

Beef Burger with Roll with potato croquettes $8.99

Kosher Chicken Strips with potato croquettes $8.99

Kosher Corned Beef on Rye Sub Roll served with potato croquettes $8.99

"Planetary-yum" Desserts

Haagen-Dazs - Vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate with almonds $3.49
Brownie (no sugar added) $2.49

Beverages

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Orange, Lemonade, Iced Tea - $1.99 $2.29
Iced Cappuccino - $2.79
Orange Juice - $2.39
Bottled Water - $1.25 or $2.00
Chocolate Milk - $1.99
Whole or Low Fat Milk - $1.29
Hot Cocoa or Hot Tea - $1.69
Coffee - $1.69 & $1.89

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom