Nonstop Animatronics

General Grizz

Original Poster
One of the only sets of Animatronics that don't stop functioning is that of the blue oxen in the opening scene of It's a Small World. If you walk into the attraction at 2 am, you'll still hear the twittering of their spinning ears...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Also the Dinos in "Dinosaur aka Countdown to Extinction" in AK keep moving all night as well. They don’t move as much as say when the park is open... but, they put them in a night mode. :)

WDWspider

Originally posted by DMC-12
Also the Dinos in "Dinosaur aka Countdown to Extinction" in AK keep moving all night as well. They don’t move as much as say when the park is open... but, they put them in a night mode. :)

Now that is really cool, are they hydrolic or something?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by blm07
Hey cool about the non stop animatronics, don't the motors and various pieces wear out alot?

Yeah, I would guess... but its worth it I suppose...

I mean, it beats opening the ride in the morning and having animatronics that wont start up or move for whatever reason because they were shut all the way off the night before. :)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
One of the only sets of Animatronics that don't stop functioning is that of the blue oxen in the opening scene of It's a Small World. If you walk into the attraction at 2 am, you'll still hear the twittering of their spinning ears...
All of this stuff would be a little scary to me. I don't know how I would like it with the lights on and no music or audio happening. I would probably get freaked out if the dino was still plunging at me and it was night time and I was by myself.

WDWspider

Actually it all makes sense now. All the kids left after closing each night become Small World Children. If they are too old, then the Carnators get feed each night.

I can hear Grizz coming before I even finish this post
:lol:

General Grizz

Original Poster
I am sure night lights would be on...after all, work proceeds - even the music loops continue through night (I believe) - work goes on at all hours to polish up the park for the morning. You would think it was open or something, I hear with all of the lights staying on.

It's funny I am replying; IASW is actually playing as I type! :)

Al

Originally posted by foxfire
Yeah, they go into "night mode" and keep moving so the hardware doesn't run down.

Could you explain that a bit more? I am confused as to why out of loads of animatronics....they leave one on! :D

JLW11Hi

Re: Re: Nonstop Animatronics

Originally posted by One Lil Spark
All of this stuff would be a little scary to me. I don't know how I would like it with the lights on and no music or audio happening. I would probably get freaked out if the dino was still plunging at me and it was night time and I was by myself.

lol, you should hear all the stories from the CMs that work at the Haunted Mansion at night! (...or should I say "worked"? :) )

A Kind Of Magic

Is GE still the company Disney uses for electricty?

Solution.

Unplug the darn things!

This advice will save Disney tons of cash on electric bills, yes no autograph’s please. Take small children by the hands and watch you step.

blm07

Hey why don't they just warm them up a couple hours before opening? Do they really have to be on all the time?

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by blm07
Hey why don't they just warm them up a couple hours before opening? Do they really have to be on all the time?

I think it could actually be more expensive having to turn everything back on and off every night than just leaving them on all the time.

A Kind Of Magic

GE Brings Good Bills To Life

How could it be more expensive turning thoses thingys off?

Umm, I think Disney needs new accountants in the electric bill department....... seriously.

Let see you trying to leave something on all day and see your electric bills.

Yen_Sid1

At Dinosaur, the animation runs in background mode when the show isn't being triggered. It only runs about 10 times in background mode then it goes into night mode or when the ride shuts down for the night. Night mode doesn't actually run anything it is like in standby, but it could be triggered by the scene start switches.

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by HMGhost13
In Haunted Mansion the Little Leota doll never shuts off.
:lookaroun
That's just creepy, I hate that thing. I can just picture working in the HM and all of a sudden hearing "Hurry Baaaackkkk...."
:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom