Nonstop Animatronics

Donaldistheduck

I read in an old copy of Disney Mag that they don't shut off the dino's in DINO because it takes more power to keep turning them off and on, I also read from an interview that every new Cast Member that works at Dinosaur must take a waling tour of the attraction when it is closed, and for a prank, the shut off all the lights and have a dinosaur thats near them go berzerk!!!!

I would need a new pair of pants

Yen_Sid1

I read in an old copy of Disney Mag that they don't shut off the dino's in DINO because it takes more power to keep turning them off and on

The Dinosaurs are static. It's the hydraulic pumps that keep running, so they saty in a night mode position. Turning the pumps on and off every night would put too much wear and tear on the skins.

Coaster Guy

To clear up a few things: the reason shy the animitronics keep moving all through the night is because of their hydraulics. It has nothing to do with power costs or wearing the skin out. It has to do with the hydraulics themselves. If the hydraulics stop moving for too long, they will freeze, causing many problems. For this reason, they keep moving so they will always work when needed with minimal problems. They don't move very much either. It is not like they are doing their full movements every 30 seconds all night long. If you walk past one, then walk by it again 2 hours later an arm and the head will be in a different position. Not major movements, just subtle ones. Hope this clears things up for everyone.

Yen_Sid1

To clear up a few things: the reason shy the animitronics keep moving all through the night is because of their hydraulics. It has nothing to do with power costs or wearing the skin out. It has to do with the hydraulics themselves. If the hydraulics stop moving for too long, they will freeze, causing many problems. For this reason, they keep moving so they will always work when needed with minimal problems

That didn't clear things up, you just put out more misinformation. Most attractions shut down their hydraulics for the night How else are they going to do maintenance on them?

There are no audio-animatronic figures that run all night, unless someone is testing them. Sorry, animated figures don't "freeze" after sitting static for one night.

At Dinosaur, they indeed have skin problems, it is a different material, very heavy and silicone based and are hard to repair.

Most skins on the smaller figures go on an outer shell a butyrate compound. A sort of hot melt skin that can be easily repaired or "buttered up"

Coaster Guy

That didn't clear things up, you just put out more misinformation. Most attractions shut down their hydraulics for the night How else are they going to do maintenance on them?

Sorry if this was misinformation for some attractions, but this is the way it is at Timekeeper. I do see where you are coming from though becaus SIR in Alien does turn off at night. Timekeeper however does not while the attraction is open during the day. He keeps moving all night (but only slightly) I asked this same question to a maintanance guy in T-land (Paul) and that was the official answer that he gave me. Some attractions may be different, but I just know from my experience that some attractions don't stop and for that reason. Also the robots on the exit ramp of Space MT go all night too.

Yen_Sid1

Timekeeper is an advanced audio-animatronic figure an A-100. They usually keep the hydraulics powered up to prevent stress on certain parts. That's why E-Stops on figures are bad, they might end up at weird positions. Timekeeper might be different since they close the attraction for long periods of time and they don't want be idle. Most attractions that operate everyday, don't need the animation to be cycling at night.

I was in the Timekeeper while it was closed earlier this year, but there was no momentary movement... The only movement I kept seeing was the doors going into and out of the theatre. They jerked just a little bit every once in a while... That's also where Buzz used to hang out be they reopened the Timekeeper for a short time. I haven't been around lately so I dunno if the Timekeeper is currently open now or not.

JLW11Hi

I read at Jim Hill media that the Timekeeper has a rather funny scene before the doors open and the show starts. Apparently you hear the start of an engine as he rattles back and forth, and he does this a few times until he finally "starts up". Can anyone confirm this? If its true, is it possible for an average guest to stick around to see it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom