Non-Security Cast Members at Resort Security Stands trying to Better Collect Parking Fees

peter11435

The official policy on the site still says "
Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/
Yeah that’s why this doesn’t make sense. Even if they were transitioning parking fees to the security booth’s (which wouldn’t make sense) as a day guest he still should not have been charged.

David M

Original Poster
So in the booth there was a security CM and another CM? And that second CM was asking you to pay to park?

I was denied access to the property, I did not pay. I assume she is marking reservations that have cars as people were likely lying to the front desk. I don't believe that payment is being collected.

I've seen reports on Twitter and another "news" site reporting this at other resorts as well.

peter11435

I was denied access to the property, I did not pay. I assume she is marking reservations that have cars as people were likely lying to the front desk. I don't believe that payment is being collected.

I've seen reports on Twitter and another "news" site reporting this at other resorts as well.
Why were you denied? You shouldn’t have needed to pay.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Pardon my ignorance of the parking fees but doesn’t the clock start running the second you get your parking pass at gate upon checkin?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Online check in

You still have to go through the security gate and get a paper pass. I know every time I’ve stayed at a Disney resort and the three times I’ve stayed since parking fees have been implemented I’ve always received a paper pass at the security gate on the day of checkin regardless of the fact I checked in online.

I always usually also wind up driving to AKL to dine or visit and they either ask to scan my magic band or present a photo ID. How would they even have the resources to collect cash or process a payment for parking?

DisneyGigi

You still have to go through the security gate and get a paper pass. I know every time I’ve stayed at a Disney resort and the three times I’ve stayed since parking fees have been implemented I’ve always received a paper pass at the security gate on the day of checkin regardless of the fact I checked in online.

I always usually also wind up driving to AKL to dine or visit and they either ask to scan my magic band or present a photo ID. How would they even have the resources to collect cash or process a payment for parking?
We have not gotten a paper pass in forever, like 2015? For resort stays. They scan band at park, entry and that has been it for awhile. When we dine at a resort, they scan band, see the adr, and wave through. Never parked at a resort without ressies, though, dining or stay.

homerdance

Pardon my ignorance of the parking fees but doesn’t the clock start running the second you get your parking pass at gate upon checkin?
It's been portrayed as an "over night" guest fee and not an hourly fee, so check in time is irrelevant. Now we know why they did all the cuts so they could pay extra for parking fee enforcement (kidding)

Imagineerwannabe

I’ve just been at WDW and returned home this morning. I had spotted on most daytime visits to resorts recently that there were regular cast members there with security too.

I was speculating about their presence.
Maybe they only consider day guests to be those with confirmed reservations for dining

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom