Non-disney songs

wedway71

Original Poster
What non-Disney songs remind you of going to Disney...

For instance.... when I was 15, my Grandparents took us to WDW. EVERYTIME we got into the car the same 2 songs were always played.

Even now 25 years later, when I hear them, I think back to an amazing week at Disney with my Grandparents.

wedway71

Original Poster
Are you going to tell us what the two songs are or...?

Duh...I guess that would be helpful...:D..

I doubt if anyone remembers these 2 songs....Keep in mind, I don't really like them but when I hear, I cant turn them off...

Cherish the love by Debarge and Saving all my love for you by Whitney Houston.

WDW_Emily

In 2006 when driving over the Florida state line, Roses by outcast was playing on the radio and my entire family was singing it. For some reason it stuck and reminds me of that trip.

erasure fan1

There is a song by erasure called sunday girl (album - light at the end of the world) and the instrumental at the very end of the song immediately reminded me of the main street electrical parade.

wishes2013

I twirl baton and at competitions they play John Phillips Sousa nonstop and it always reminds me of walking down main street.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
When I auditioned for Entertainment they played a non-Disney song for part of our audition. I can't go into more detail, for fear that the mouse will hunt me down; those things are suppose to be quite hush-hush. ;)

plaz10

This technically isn't a Disney song...but it kind of is now. haha.

But in my car...windows down...radio blasting Aerosmith "Love in an Elevator" takes me right to Rock N RollerCoaster. I know it's a stretch (make it a super stretch!) but it is a non Disney song that reminds me of Disney!

Mikester71

As soon as I read your post, I knew exactly what you were talking about. Driving down and back in March 2005, a certain Nickelback song (can't remember for the life of me which one it was either) must have been really popular at that time down south. It didn't matter which radio station we tuned in, there it was. Over and over again!! And being Canadian, I didn't think we could possibly hear them more than we do back up here. Boy...was I wrong! But for the next year or so after that trip, every time I heard that Nickelback song, it reminded me of our first trip and the whole experience. :sohappy:

ScorpionX

It's some song called "A Little Ditty of Jack & Diane." I don't know who it's by, but it does remind me of Disney sunsets.

darthspielberg

When I was 14 I remember a Christian group called DC Talk has an album called Free at Last. I had gotten it for Christmas one year, and in January we went to Florida. Now, we didn't actually got to Disney World that trip, but we drove past the entrance several time, and I was always listening to it while yearning to go into the parks.

I made sure to bring it with me on my iPod when I went back in March. :)

plaz10

Sugar Ray's "When It's Over" reminds me of Disney because on one of our trips they were performing at the Castle and debuted this song!

This one is weird and will make no sense to anyone probably.. Made Damn Sure by Taking Back Sunday? Why? It was summer 2006 and Taking Back Sunday's album Louder Now had just came out and that song was being played alot and was a favorite of mine and on one of my favorite nights during the trip they were playing that song outside of Virgin Megastore (R.I.P.) on the speakers. Also many Aerosmith songs especially Don't wanna miss a thing even though I don't think it's actually played on RnRC.:shrug:

LoriSue

This technically isn't a Disney song...but it kind of is now. haha.

But in my car...windows down...radio blasting Aerosmith "Love in an Elevator" takes me right to Rock N RollerCoaster. I know it's a stretch (make it a super stretch!) but it is a non Disney song that reminds me of Disney!
That's SOOOO funny... I put Aerosmith "Sweet Emotion" in my Disney Parks playlist for the same reason! :animwink:

astewart

hah.. oddly enough, for me it's Boom Boom (Let's Go Back to My Room), and Stand by me. Both songs I think played on the radio a lot when my parents took us on our first trip to WDW in the late 80's

foreverbelle

Kenny Chesney's No Shoes No Shirt No Problem

Cus he has that vibe that just says Florida. Actually most any song by him reminds me of Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom