No steam trains at MK today no word why

BigThunderMatt

Well she's been the parade/show train and hasnt been in passenger service for ages now. Whats the deal in PA? Getting rehabbed? Gone to the great museum in Strausberg?

The cars, yes. But not the engine. Lilly Belle has the green cars which are also the show train cars. Whatever engine pulls it during the show depends on the day.

BigThunderMatt

Let me rephrase the question then. What are they doing to the Lily Bell train him why is it in Pennsylvania?

Major overhaul. Can't seem to get a straight answer. With as much use as these engines get between total refurbishments it's no wonder it's taking as long as it has. Ask anybody in the know and they'll all agree Lilly Belle has been gone way longer than they initially anticipated.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Not necessarily, Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton also has a working shop. Fascinating place to visit if you're into trains (and my original home).

Very true, but she is indeed at Strasburg. Trust me ;)

Major overhaul. Can't seem to get a straight answer. With as much use as these engines get between total refurbishments it's no wonder it's taking as long as it has. Ask anybody in the know and they'll all agree Lilly Belle has been gone way longer than they initially anticipated.

The rumors I've heard claim she needs a new boiler which was not anticipated. Supposedly as of Nov 2012 they had not even started work on the boiler. If that is indeed the case, it could still be quite awhile before the Lilly Belle is back in service at WDW. It's been awhile since I've heard anything so my information could be dated.

articos

Very true, but she is indeed at Strasburg. Trust me ;)

The rumors I've heard claim she needs a new boiler which was not anticipated. Supposedly as of Nov 2012 they had not even started work on the boiler. If that is indeed the case, it could still be quite awhile before the Lilly Belle is back in service at WDW. It's been awhile since I've heard anything so my information could be dated.
The boiler was known to be in need of major work. They were trying to get away without needing a new one, but can't. A new one is being fabricated.

articos

Railway Preservation posted this pic of LB at Strasburg from a while back:
file.php

articos

I still miss those poor under powered and lacking water capacity engines at FW.

I believe they were recently sold?..

AKK
Michael Broggie, Roger's son, and Carolwood Pacific stepped in in the mid-90s to save the Fort Wilderness engines and rolling stock. Around '00/01, deals were struck for a few members of CP to acquire the remaining FW engines and cars. Engine 1 went to Oregon, 2, 3 & 4 went to CA. Supposedly Engine 1 and the rolling stock with it were recently resold and are being restored again.

Tonka's Skipper

Not necessarily, Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton also has a working shop. Fascinating place to visit if you're into trains (and my original home).

I love Steam town, but I was told they only did work on their own engines, cars and equipment? I maybe wrong!

I know Strasburg does market their shop big time!

AKK

Tonka's Skipper

Michael Broggie, Roger's son, and Carolwood Pacific stepped in in the mid-90s to save the Fort Wilderness engines and rolling stock. Around '00/01, deals were struck for a few members of CP to acquire the remaining FW engines and cars. Engine 1 went to Oregon, 2, 3 & 4 went to CA. Supposedly Engine 1 and the rolling stock with it were recently resold and are being restored again.

excellent!.....For years I always thought it would be great to get one of the engines and a few cars and lay track on my 4 acres....but money would never be available!:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom