No Steam at EE!!

askmike1

Pete C said:
Are they ever going to hide the light leakage and support beams inside of the mountain? I hear people complain about that all the time. I had my sunglasses on when I rode so I didn't notice anything.
You see a tiny spot of light for a fraction of a second. Nothing major & hardly noticable at all imo.

bassman

so wait,
EE has only just opened and already one of the key effects has been taken out.
i saw numerous 'making of' programmes on EE and to me the cold mist and all of the ambience effects up in the mountain,is what made it look real,with them gone,it seems to me that its just like BTMR only higher and it goes backwards.
someone correct me if im wrong in thinking this but i was really looking forward to seeing what i had seen on tv in the flesh.
as for the yeti being back in A-mode,thats a good thing and the steam at the station,im glad thats working.
but i feel a little dissapointed that ik not going to see what has been talked about with soooo much anticipation in full.

CrashNet

bassman said:
so wait,
EE has only just opened and already one of the key effects has been taken out.
i saw numerous 'making of' programmes on EE and to me the cold mist and all of the ambience effects up in the mountain,is what made it look real,with them gone,it seems to me that its just like BTMR only higher and it goes backwards.
someone correct me if im wrong in thinking this but i was really looking forward to seeing what i had seen on tv in the flesh.
as for the yeti being back in A-mode,thats a good thing and the steam at the station,im glad thats working.
but i feel a little dissapointed that ik not going to see what has been talked about with soooo much anticipation in full.
Well they were infact planning on using the mist, however, the had no idea it would keep the track as wet as it ended up, nor did they know it would interfere with the sensors. Right now they are working on an alternative to replace it. Hopefully we'll see it soon. Either way, every time I have ridden EE was without the mist, and trust me, it doesn't take away from the fun. :)

askmike1

bassman said:
Not true at all. I'd say that the mist is comparable to the bridge on Kilimanjaro Safaris. If it works, it adds to the experience. If it doesn't work, it does not take away from the experience (since its such a little, useless part of the ride). And of course, safety always comes before show. If the mist was interfering with the sensors and/or making the track too wet, by all means get rid of it.

T-1MILLION

I have an idea for imagineering. The davy jones mist screen does not get people or things wet and is basicly dry to the touch. Well why not add the same kind of pumping system to where the old wet mist pipes are now? It seems that would work best, and you do not even have to bother with projecting anything onto it. Just the dry mist aspect of it. The tracks would not get wet and we have a decent wall of mist and everyone is happy.

Kronos

metscool said:
What no steam:eek: . How can they not have steam on a ride that has only been there for only a few months now.

Let me get this straight....

You're complaining because you want... I mean, you actually want... to stand in a cloud of REAL, HOT, BOILING-WATER-GENERATED STEAM on a 100 degree summer day with 95% humidity.

Gotta say, I'm astounded...

(And to hell with the cast members working in the station!)

abian

Kronos said:
Let me get this straight....

You're complaining because you want... I mean, you actually want... to stand in a cloud of REAL, HOT, BOILING-WATER-GENERATED STEAM on a 100 degree summer day with 95% humidity.

Gotta say, I'm astounded...

(And to hell with the cast members working in the station!)
Poor defense. Don't tell me Disney shut it down casue the of the weather. You are defending becasue you simply try to defend

peter11435

abian said:
Poor defense. Don't tell me Disney shut it down casue the of the weather. You are defending becasue you simply try to defend
Actually many CM's have and do complain about the steam. It is very uncomfortable every 30 seconds all day in the summer heat.

~LeeLee~

peter11435 said:
Actually many CM's have and do complain about the steam. It is very uncomfortable every 30 seconds all day in the summer heat.

They're already standing in near-steam conditions with the weather being that of an armpit (hot and wet) and then whoosh a blast of steam, it must be awful!

I do believe, though, that corrosion would be a more likely reason for shutting it down.

I've seen it working and not working. Makes no real difference to the ride and enjoyment of the ride IMHO.

abian

peter11435 said:
So it is Disney listened to them and shut it down instead of malfunction problem? Or CM simply are just happy when the steam doesn't work?

splash_mt. jr

the poeple next door just came back from disney and they said the steam on EE was working great.:sohappy:

cant wait till next trip july 28-aug 14 06

CrashNet

The steam at EE is just part of the atmosphere and theming. It stays and will always stay unless one of two things happens:
  • The steam is found to have side-effects that threaten the safety of guests and cast members
  • Imagineering decides to remove it as a theming change
Both of which as you see, are not very likely. The steam is just part of working there. Trust me, there are far worse things CMs deal with on a day to day basis than a blast of steam, even in airconditioned buildings.

Kronos

Poor Defenses

abian said:
Forgive the length of this post, but it will likely be the last one I put up here for a while.

Please tell me where in my original post I said Disney "shut it down casue (sic) the (sic) of the weather" (whatever the hell that means). Go on. I'm waiting.

Don't tell me... let me guess. You can't find it. That's right... that's because I never said that.

What I did say was "Let me get this straight.... You're complaining because you want... I mean, you actually want... to stand in a cloud of REAL, HOT, BOILING-WATER-GENERATED STEAM on a 100 degree summer day with 95% humidity. Gotta say, I'm astounded... (And to hell with the cast members working in the station!)" You can scroll back and read my original post for yourself, if you like.

If you didn't understand what I wrote, let me make myself more clear.

I'm amazed that some guests and posters here are complaining that they are not able to stand in a cloud of steam on a hot, humid day. I also noted that those same guests and posters seem to have no consideration for the comfort of the EE cast members (this, in and of itself, does not surprise me. Many guests treat the cast members with barely-disguised contempt. Perhaps YOU don't. But if you think I'm wrong, you really need to spend more time in the parks and watch how other people interact with the CMs). However, in short:

I did not say that hot, humid days are why Disney shut off the steam.

I did not say that CM comfort was why Disney shut off the steam.

I do not know why Disney shut off the steam, how long it works for, when it can be seen working, how it works, who invented the system, or whether or not the average guest is thinking "Huh... this would be a really cool ride, but it's missing something... like steam!"

If you're going to respond to my post, please do me the common courtesy of reading my post, making an attempt to comprehend what I wrote, and then thinking your response through.

I'll also be brutally honest here: This thread - and the lack of intelligence and compassion demonstrated by the regulars here - is why I haven't been on WDWMagic in two weeks.

So go ahead. Tell me I'm a jerk. Tell me I'm wrong. Hell, prove I'm wrong; please. It would be nice if you could, but I'm afraid you won't be able to.

abian

Kronos said:
Forgive the length of this post, but it will likely be the last one I put up here for a while.

Please tell me where in my original post I said Disney "shut it down casue (sic) the (sic) of the weather" (whatever the hell that means). Go on. I'm waiting.

Don't tell me... let me guess. You can't find it. That's right... that's because I never said that.

What I did say was "Let me get this straight.... You're complaining because you want... I mean, you actually want... to stand in a cloud of REAL, HOT, BOILING-WATER-GENERATED STEAM on a 100 degree summer day with 95% humidity. Gotta say, I'm astounded... (And to hell with the cast members working in the station!)" You can scroll back and read my original post for yourself, if you like.

If you didn't understand what I wrote, let me make myself more clear.

I'm amazed that some guests and posters here are complaining that they are not able to stand in a cloud of steam on a hot, humid day. I also noted that those same guests and posters seem to have no consideration for the comfort of the EE cast members (this, in and of itself, does not surprise me. Many guests treat the cast members with barely-disguised contempt. Perhaps YOU don't. But if you think I'm wrong, you really need to spend more time in the parks and watch how other people interact with the CMs). However, in short:

I did not say that hot, humid days are why Disney shut off the steam.

I did not say that CM comfort was why Disney shut off the steam.

I do not know why Disney shut off the steam, how long it works for, when it can be seen working, how it works, who invented the system, or whether or not the average guest is thinking "Huh... this would be a really cool ride, but it's missing something... like steam!"

If you're going to respond to my post, please do me the common courtesy of reading my post, making an attempt to comprehend what I wrote, and then thinking your response through.

I'll also be brutally honest here: This thread - and the lack of intelligence and compassion demonstrated by the regulars here - is why I haven't been on WDWMagic in two weeks.

So go ahead. Tell me I'm a jerk. Tell me I'm wrong. Hell, prove I'm wrong; please. It would be nice if you could, but I'm afraid you won't be able to.
Don't give a sxxx about your whining of being a CM. Don't like it , then quit.

CrashNet

This is very immature of both of you. If you have something to discuss with an individual person of this forum, please send them a private message.

The Mom

Premium Member
This is very immature of both of you. If you have something to discuss with an individual person of this forum, please send them a private message.

Exactly right. Please play nice and stop bickering. And watch the language.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom