No Steam at EE!!

uglybug2005

Are they ever going to hide the light leakage and support beams inside of the mountain? I hear people complain about that all the time. I had my sunglasses on when I rode so I didn't notice anything.

People on the internet complain about that all the time (even some who've never been on the attraction), but folks actually in the park don't seem to mind.

The steam disappears occasionally, however it's important to realize that the hour or so that you are in view of that effect (and in the case of the Yeti, seconds), is only a snapshot and not the entire operating day/week. It's as if you took a photo of me and I blinked when the shutter went off. Would it be fair to assume from that image that I never have my eyes open? Of course not.

ImagineerAndy

Original Poster
a and b

Can someone describe the difference between Yeti's 'A' Mode and, presumably, 'B' Mode?

Hi,
well basically in teh Yeti's A mode, the lighting in the final cave is brighter and the yeti is animated. He swipes at the train as it passes and roars.
In the B mode when the yeti is unable to move the lighting in the cave is darker and as the train gets closer a strobe flashes and a blast of air I believe, blasts over the guests and the roar is louder. The yeti is fixed in a menacing pose.
Hope this helps.

Jade

I was on it a little over a week ago(thursday) and the Bird just stayed there the whole time, didn't move or anything, he was just there, and then we heard the screech and started going backwards.

raven

I have an idea for imagineering. The davy jones mist screen does not get people or things wet and is basicly dry to the touch. Well why not add the same kind of pumping system to where the old wet mist pipes are now? It seems that would work best, and you do not even have to bother with projecting anything onto it. Just the dry mist aspect of it. The tracks would not get wet and we have a decent wall of mist and everyone is happy.

Can we say "$50,000" for that fog-screen effect? Wouldn't be worth it.

DisneyDellsDude

I was on it a little over a week ago(thursday) and the Bird just stayed there the whole time, didn't move or anything, he was just there, and then we heard the screech and started going backwards.

Oh, well atleast he is still there.:lol:
I thought they took him away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom