No Pixie Hollow???

Avenger117

I'm terrible at keeping up with threads, but I just saw the pictures that TP2000 posted of Pixie Hollow in Disneyland. I think it looks amazing, I just can't see why people aren't excited about WDW getting an even bigger version of it.

Someone needs to start a save Pixie Hollow group. I know its not dead yet, but I don't want to see it get there.

Animaniac93-98

Just a thought,

If Belle's current story time show is moving into the FLE (where it will be indoors, better themed and air conditioned) what will happen to the existing show's area?

Most likely it will become a permanent meet and greet place since that's what it is when the show isn't going on, but is there space to put a version DL's PH there?

lebeau

Thanks. Jim has been a great sport with us, and rest assured, outside of our show construct we have pointedly asked him about his track record. We touch upon it on this week's show and like it or not, his answer is valid.

When discussing rumors you can't deal in absolutes. With regards to Fantasyland, the information that's out there on this site right now seems to be accurate. There are other things being discussed for the Toontown/Pixie Hollow area, but they are far from definite.

Great interview. Really enjoyed it.

I hate to say it, but to some extent Jim gets a bad rap from Disney fans. For example, the fact they pulled the plug on Night Kingdom doesn't mean Jim was wrong about it. After listening to your show, he seemed very knowledgeable. It also sounded like he was shooting straight with you guys. If he didn't know something, he didn't try to act like he knew and couldn't let on.

There weren't a lot of big revelations, per se. But after listening to you guys discuss the issues, I feel like I have a more nuanced understanding on what is going on with FLE, MK, Disney in general and why.

:sohappy:

DisneyNut2007

I hate to say it, but to some extent Jim gets a bad rap from Disney fans. For example, the fact they pulled the plug on Night Kingdom doesn't mean Jim was wrong about it. After listening to your show, he seemed very knowledgeable. It also sounded like he was shooting straight with you guys. If he didn't know something, he didn't try to act like he knew and couldn't let on.

There weren't a lot of big revelations, per se. But after listening to you guys discuss the issues, I feel like I have a more nuanced understanding on what is going on with FLE, MK, Disney in general and why.

In that case, Mr. Hill really needs to talk about why WDW has been cutting back so much of their Christmas events/decorations over the past couple of years and to reassure that they all will eventually return (especially the Country Bear Xmas show, Lights of Winter, etc.).

RSoxNo1

But I think like Rsox has pointed out before, the real golden egg with Potter was Merchandise, and I don't think FLE or Carsland will even come close to matching Potters merch sales.

Cars does great on merchandise, it would just be interesting to see what they have for specialized merchandise that's exclusive to Carsland. If it's a t-shirt and a sweatshirt then I'm not impressed.

Admittedly, part of the reason why we keep bringing Jim back on our show is for selfish reasons. He has great stories and great information. The problem is, he also has the obligation to protect his sources. He can't write in his article, "This imagineer told me that Pixie Hollow is getting cancelled" because then that imagineer's job could be on the line.

jt04

Cars does great on merchandise, it would just be interesting to see what they have for specialized merchandise that's exclusive to Carsland. If it's a t-shirt and a sweatshirt then I'm not impressed.

Admittedly, part of the reason why we keep bringing Jim back on our show is for selfish reasons. He has great stories and great information. The problem is, he also has the obligation to protect his sources. He can't write in his article, "This imagineer told me that Pixie Hollow is getting cancelled" because then that imagineer's job could be on the line.

I think the Imagineer that told him the princess m&g's weren't happening is getting a good laugh at his expense.

DisneyNut2007

In case you missed my last reply in this thread, if Jim Hill is really truly as "in-the-know" as you say he is, he really needs to mention what's going on with the recent Xmas season offering/decoration cutbacks and when they are going to return (especially the Country Bear Xmas show, Lights of Winter, etc.).

RSoxNo1

I think the Imagineer that told him the princess m&g's weren't happening is getting a good laugh at his expense.

JT, you represent everything that people who deal in rumors can't stand.

You deal in absolutes, but it doesn't work that way.

With regards to the Princess Meet and Greets what Jim was told, and what he passed along in his article and on my show was that they are not definites. He didn't say they weren't happening, he said they weren't definites. There is a huge difference.

What he has said isn't in opposition of what others have said on here (save maybe yourself). Pixie Hollow in it's original form is not happening, and other things were at the very least re-considered because of concerns that Tom Staggs (and others) had about the girl slant to the Fantasyland Expansion.

DisneyParksFan1

JT, you represent everything that people who deal in rumors can't stand.

You deal in absolutes, but it doesn't work that way.

With regards to the Princess Meet and Greets what Jim was told, and what he passed along in his article and on my show was that they are not definites. He didn't say they weren't happening, he said they weren't definites. There is a huge difference.

What he has said isn't in opposition of what others have said on here (save maybe yourself). Pixie Hollow in it's original form is not happening, and other things were at the very least re-considered because of concerns that Tom Staggs (and others) had about the girl slant to the Fantasyland Expansion.

Now, I don't mean to be off topic, but I loved your podcast yesterday! It's like you guys read my mind on most topics. Also, I liked how ya'll were real about everything, what I mean is that you adore Disney, yet when they do something wrong you acknowledge that. Not like some other podcasts out there that simply say all the positive things about Disney and claim that EVERYTHING is great! I enjoyed the rants!

Hopefully they keep Mickey's Toontown Fair

I hope they don't... If they ARE keeping it though, I sure hope they expand it and make it higher quality.

jt04

Hopefully they keep Mickey's Toontown Fair:)

It is highly unlikely as it was always meant to be temporary in that location and it has held up it's end of the bargain by slowly rotting away. It was never of Disney quality and now it will be joining the wand and the pepto bismol castle at the landfill.

However a new toontown could pop up elsewhere someday I think.

TP2000

However a new toontown could pop up elsewhere someday I think.

It already popped. In Anaheim and Tokyo. :lol:

mickeys-toontown_alt.jpg

http://dlr1.wdpromedia.com/media/dlr_nextgen/MediaPlayer/lands/detail/alt/mickeys-toontown_alt.jpg

It would be interesting to see how and where they would theme the existence of Mickey's Toontown at a non-Disneyland style park. If Mickey lives in Disneyland, what is he doing with a house and community in another theme park? :confused:

jt04

mickeys-toontown_alt.jpg

http://dlr1.wdpromedia.com/media/dlr_nextgen/MediaPlayer/lands/detail/alt/mickeys-toontown_alt.jpg

It would be interesting to see how and where they would theme the existence of Mickey's Toontown at a non-Disneyland style park. If Mickey lives in Disneyland, what is he doing with a house and community in another theme park? :confused:

Agreed. It seems that each toontown should have its own backstory. I was thinking the DHSversion could be a temp village made of bungalows the "toons" rent when they are filming.

imagineer boy

Agreed. It seems that each toontown should have its own backstory. I was thinking the DHSversion could be a temp village made of bungalows the "toons" rent when they are filming.

That wouldn't work. Why? TDL has an exact clone of DL's. It really shouldn't matter, and the story of toon town shouldn't be taken so seriously.

DisneyParksFan1

mickeys-toontown_alt.jpg

Ya know, I wouldn't mind getting that version here. Plus, it could be a seamless transition to Dumboland.

lebeau

That wouldn't work. Why? TDL has an exact clone of DL's. It really shouldn't matter, and the story of toon town shouldn't be taken so seriously.

No kidding!

I predict we'll get a new TT not so much different than the one they originally planned to destroy. And it will stay in the Magic Kingdom.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ya know, I wouldn't mind getting that version here. Plus, it could be a seamless transition to Dumboland.

It wouldn't be such a horrible thing if the current version is kept in place (to a degree), if something along those lines would be in the works a few years down the road....

jt04

Having them all the same is boring and unimaginative. Even when they do clones now they give them unique backstories. This isn't the Eisner era anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom