No Pixie Hollow???

jmuboy

Original Poster
Over on the Laughing Place boards some of the regular posters who are "in the know" are commenting that Pixie Hollow plans are shelved. Looks like we won't see Tink and her buddies. At least not in an elaborate setting as originally planned.

NiarrNDisney

Oh well thats to bad! I can't say I'm terrible upset about it but hearing the possibility of things being shelved so early in the project makes me wonder if its due to budget constrants leaving us with a toned down FLE.

SeaCastle

Hopefully the money is re-allocated to something that everyone can enjoy, not just pre-teen girls.

My personal hope is that the money goes to re-instating whatever has been cut since the project was budgeted for. If you notice between the two pieces of artwork released, the latter one gets rid of some landscaping elements, and doesn't include as many waterfalls on the top of the Little Mermaid attraction.

Epic Epcot

I think this move will be better in the long haul, Pixie Hollow is a pretty new IP and although it might be pretty popular now, who says Tink's friends will be popular five years from now?

JohnLocke

WHAT!? So Toontown is... STAYING!?!

Lee, do you happen to know what they will be doing instead? No replacement or anything? Thanks!

Toontown is still gone, I think, even if PH is shelved. I believe a big chunk of Toontown is where The Little Mermaid and Dumbo sections are going to go, but I may be mistaken.

Spike-in-Berlin

It would be REALLY funny if those who correctly critizised the FLE as a shortsighted unbalanced mistake (including me) where hundreds of millions where wasted on a wannabe-E-ticket that is in case a D-ticket and worlds largest meets and greets, where finally validated by Disney management.
Perhaps finally some common sense told Disney that they cannot counter WWoHP with some princesses and pixies.
Build the little mermaid, build the "be our guest"-restaurant and double-dumbo as it really makes sense and build ONE meets and greets. And invest the rest into something that attracts a far broader variety of guests, e.g. a desperately needed AL-expansion.

JohnLocke

It would be REALLY funny if those who correctly critizised the FLE as a shortsighted unbalanced mistake (including me) where hundreds of millions where wasted on a wannabe-E-ticket that is in case a D-ticket and worlds largest meets and greets, where finally validated by Disney management.
Perhaps finally some common sense told Disney that they cannot counter WWoHP with some princesses and pixies.
Build the little mermaid, build the "be our guest"-restaurant and double-dumbo as it really makes sense and build ONE meets and greets. And invest the rest into something that attracts a far broader variety of guests, e.g. a desperately needed AL-expansion.

I partly agree with you. I liked the M&Gs in a way, because of the way they looked like they would be themed, but I would much rather have an attraction in their place. The Cinderella one seemed a bit unnecessary from the beginning, since she has the castle, but I would like to see some kind of Sleeping Beauty presence, preferably an actual ride, though.

Beauty and the Beast land and the Little Mermaid, as well as getting Dumbo out of the middle of FL to help spacing and traffic, were the only things I really loved about the expansion. PH was the only thing I really disliked about it. I just don't see PH appealing to anyone, but younger children, especially if there is no attraction.

lebeau

After having read the Jim Hill article, I can understand some of the earlier comments about Disney having reservations about the Fairies franchise. It seems they are trying to bolster it up so it's not just Tink and her unpopular friends. That being the case, I can see why you wouldn't want to build a whole land around a franchise that is in flux.

As I said in another thread, they will need to set up a Tink M&G somewhere or they will have a riot on their hands. But that could be easily done.

Hopefully, they don't just slash the budget to LM and the BatB restaurant. If they retool the plans and come up with something with a more broad appeal while still offering some things to the original demo, I'm all for it. If they just slash the budget and move on, that would be terrible.

lebeau

It would be REALLY funny if those who correctly critizised the FLE as a shortsighted unbalanced mistake (including me) where hundreds of millions where wasted on a wannabe-E-ticket that is in case a D-ticket and worlds largest meets and greets,

It would be really, really funny (and sad) if those who criticized the FLE as a short-sighted and unbalanced mistake (including you) ended up with a slashed budget and nothing else to show for it...

Future Guy

I never believed that Pixie Hollow would get done. It was part of Phase 2, and any Disney watcher knows that Phase 2 projects rarely end up happening.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
you should read what jim hill is saying
I can confirm that he did get at least one thing right. Leaving even a single wall will allow the construction to be classified as a renovation and will save Disney a good bit cash. This is something that is quite common in Florida.

jt04

I partly agree with you. I liked the M&Gs in a way, because of the way they looked like they would be themed, but I would much rather have an attraction in their place. The Cinderella one seemed a bit unnecessary from the beginning, since she has the castle, but I would like to see some kind of Sleeping Beauty presence, preferably an actual ride, though.

Beauty and the Beast land and the Little Mermaid, as well as getting Dumbo out of the middle of FL to help spacing and traffic, were the only things I really loved about the expansion. PH was the only thing I really disliked about it. I just don't see PH appealing to anyone, but younger children, especially if there is no attraction.

That is the point of PH. Essentially to function as a refuge for folks with smaller children away from the masses. Demanding FL be more boy oriented is like saying Frontierland should be more girlie. It makes no sense.

Oh well, you were doing so well then I find this. Tragic. FLE is only part of Disney's response to potter IMO. Patience.

Master Gracey 5

Interesting that the article indicates only TLM and BatB are definites for the expansion right now. I always thought that the Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty parts were kind of weak on repeat visits, so maybe they'll find something better to replace them. The only thing is, this late in the game, we'll likely see a shoddy "temporary" ride that will last until 2025. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom