No outside food and drink in WDW parks?

Dole Whip Happy Hour

I guess it is wait and see how strict they want to be. I have seen companies create rules,
not to follow them to the letter but create them so they have a way to take care of some of the more obnoxious and
less common sense offenders. They might look the other way for a couple of pb&js . But stop the coolers and family size bags of potatos chips

Everyone can guess what would happen if I sat down at Olive Garden with my family with 4 bags of Subway subs, claiming how much we like to eat there for the music and ambiance? Disney and Olive Garden are overall two different types of business, but the idea is that both Olive Garden and Disney are in the ********(sorry it's the B word) of trying to sell food on their property...

otherwise I do have a theory no one has mentioned.
If you have seen the Iron Man movies, you may have picked up a subtle clue....in the Iron Man movie, Tony Stark's Dad in the home video segment movies reminds me of Walt Disney, is subtle but there......really...it really is.......... Howard Stark had also designed a " park" for the World Exposition of Tomorrow. In the movie, it was thru the designs of the park itself that Tony was able to get the specifications needed to create a new energy source.

I believe that someone at Disney like Tony, has figured out the true genius of Walt designs of Disney World, but the coolers are interfering with the way of their scans they are doing of the parks, so they need to remove them.......
You see Walt really needed a new energy source to create the Land of Tomorrow he envisioned, but knew he didn't have the tech to create it in his time......so it's a small price to pay to see Walt's life vision come to life.

kels650

Well......
This looks like a good way to reduce the crowds at WDW.
If you eliminate everyone who has soy allergies and can't eat anything from the fast food joints, everyone who has allergies to MSG or other "flavor enhancers", people who can't eat processed flour products, people with Celiacs Disease, people who must take in liquids with electrolytes so they don't dehydrate, people who only eat Kosher or Halal, and people who just can't afford WDW food because they blew the budget to visit WDW, you will thin the herd.
This leaves the parks to the wealthy, in top health, overweight because they will eat anything, I don't want to be around "dirty" Commoners, self centered people who don't give a rats behind for anyone but themselves.
Yup.....
Sounds like the new America..............

I have Celiacs and have never had an issue eating in the parks. I actually choose to vacation here more than other places because I love it, but I also know I can safely eat. There may not be a ton of variety among the choices but I would rather safely eat the same 3 meals over and over and be at a place that I love than have to worry about not eating at all or surviving off of granola bars for a week.

Prince-1

I guess it is wait and see how strict they want to be. I have seen companies create rules,
not to follow them to the letter but create them so they have a way to take care of some of the more obnoxious and
less common sense offenders. They might look the other way for a couple of pb&js . But stop the coolers and family size bags of potatos chips

Everyone can guess what would happen if I sat down at Olive Garden with my family with 4 bags of Subway subs, claiming how much we like to eat there for the music and ambiance? Disney and Olive Garden are overall two different types of business, but the idea is that both Olive Garden and Disney are in the ********(sorry it's the B word) of trying to sell food on their property...

otherwise I do have a theory no one has mentioned.
If you have seen the Iron Man movies, you may have picked up a subtle clue....in the Iron Man movie, Tony Stark's Dad in the home video segment movies reminds me of Walt Disney, is subtle but there......really...it really is.......... Howard Stark had also designed a " park" for the World Exposition of Tomorrow. In the movie, it was thru the designs of the park itself that Tony was able to get the specifications needed to create a new energy source.

I believe that someone at Disney like Tony, has figured out the true genius of Walt designs of Disney World, but the coolers are interfering with the way of their scans they are doing of the parks, so they need to remove them.......
You see Walt really needed a new energy source to create the Land of Tomorrow he envisioned, but knew he didn't have the tech to create it in his time......so it's a small price to pay to see Walt's life vision come to life.

Ummmmmm. Sure.

FullSailDan

eh. as a kid going to disneyland on a dads enlisted military salary we made it affordable by bringing sandwiches and juice boxes. We ate at the designated picnic area and we sure as hell didn't make food on a bench.These days the husband and I can be at the gates for epcot or the studios in less than 10 minutes. We often go early morning and bring a cup of coffee with us in a paper mug and finish it while walking to our first attraction. I think there is a need for this. The parks are not a movie theater and the disney scoop has been taught to everyone who has gone through traditions. Make it work.

Let's be clear, DINING IS A PROBLEM. It has been for a decade since I worked in the resorts. During peak times if you didn't have reservations for sit down then a counter service meal at cosmic rays could be a 2 hour wait. That hasn't gotten much better these days. I think banning all outside food is a mistake. Putting more strain on the food vendors is not going to be a win. But I think more policing of how or where people eat is a good idea.

Garfield

It's been a few years but lat time I was at Wrigley we brought in our own food.
Yes, Major League Baseball parks do allow a small bag with water or food in clear baggies in. I don't think the NFL does.
(Edit: I think most of the MLB parks we have been in allowed both food and water. One may have only allowed water. I've been to 6 different parks in the last couple of years.)

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I don't mind this rule at all, despite the motive. We plan ahead for the meals and usually have it timed just right. We may have some gortorade or juice for the kids and maybe some goldfish, but they are most of the time too busy having a good time to eat. If it is becoming a problem, but it off at the head before it gets out of control.

mimitchi33

209hqf9.jpg

That's too hilarious to be real! Is that photoshopped?

DABIGCHEEZ

Since it is Florida, and often hot - one is often carrying a bottle of water on their way to the park.
My family is usually carrying one a piece purchased at the hotel.
Honestly, if Disney asked us to dump or drink (if there's anything left anyway) the remaining contents of the bottle at the gate I would do so.
We're going to be getting more anyway.

Good for you and your family... so do we when we bring in water. In fact, we also buy pretzels, dole whips, ice cream, etc even when we bring in snacks too!

Fe Maiden

Yes, Major League Baseball parks do allow a small bag with water or food in clear baggies in. I don't think the NFL does.
(Edit: I think most of the MLB parks we have been in allowed both food and water. One may have only allowed water. I've been to 6 different parks in the last couple of years.)

The Philadelphia Eagles allow you to bring in food, no beverages. The one rule is that all food has to be in clear plastic and the bag you bring it in has to be clear. This change was made after the Boston bombing, and the Eagles provided all season ticket holders with nice clear plastic totes to use. So I go to Wawa in the morning pick up a couple of hoagies, chips (Herr's Horseradish cheddar which will clean your clock out) and some Tastycakes (Kandy Kakes for the kids or wife, pumpkin pie for me). I bring it back home and re-wrap the hoagies in saran wrap and put the chips in ziploc bags.

Jon81uk

Not sure why you have that tone, Obviously they aren't going to stop anyone cooking, but uh, where do you think people will bring food they made in their villa? Take it down a notch, bro.

I wasn't trying to use any tone, just wanted to make sure I was clear. :)

I expect hot food cooked in a villa to be eaten in the villa. If people are going to make sandwiches to take in to the park I don't think having a villa is going to make any difference, all rooms have fridges. Also I would expect the people most likely to make sandwiches to take into the park are less likely to be staying in deluxe villa accommodation to start with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom