No one likes clowns...

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
If you don't like it, don't go. There will still be lots of other stuff to see. :shrug:

Personally, I'm looking forward to taking my daughters on Dumbo without the brutal wait.

Buddy, I ain't hatin', I completely understand the appeal, I just wanted y'all's opinion on how y'all felt the ambience might be, addin' a Circus theme to the Magic Kingdom. :wave:

Enchantâmes

Buddy, I ain't hatin', I completely understand the appeal, I just wanted y'all's opinion on how y'all felt the ambience might be, addin' a Circus theme to the Magic Kingdom. :wave:
Unrelated but why does your avatar make Belle's stick out way more than they should? :lookaroun

GForceChris

Wait, there's a Circus themed land? That explains a lot. I just did a thread on why there was a Goofy coaster in place of the proposed Cinderella's Mansion. :brick:

Dude, nice avatar. :cool:

steamboat wil

Those clowns (or whatever they are) that rode on the light parade floats are probably more creepy than any clown they would put in the dumbo area.:ROFLOL:imo of course

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
Okay, this thread has completely veered away from my original intent.

Clowns were NEVER a major concern, I just said that the Clown AND Circus elements of the scenes that they were featured, gave me a weird feelin' when I was a kid, as did many earlier animated Disney scenes and shorts did, believe it or not. I just feel that the Circus thing is odd. :wave:

The subject title of the thread was just meant to be funny, never to reflect my main concern.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Okay, this thread has completely veered away from my original intent.

Clowns were NEVER a major concern, I just said that the Clown AND Circus elements of the scenes that they were featured, gave me a weird feelin' when I was a kid, as did many animated Disney scenes and shorts did, believe it or not. I just feel that the Circus thing is odd. :wave:

We must have been distracted by your avatar.....

slappy magoo

Am I the only one who feels this way? I've always assumed that the public's view on Clowns was similar to mine. I just think that this theme will give the entire area a weird ambience.

I completely understand the appeal, I just wanted y'all's opinion on how y'all felt the ambience might be, addin' a Circus theme to the Magic Kingdom.

So...you assumed the public's view on clowns was similar to yours...and yet...you...understand the appeal?

:shrug:

GenerationX

Put me in the "clowns are evil" camp. I've thought they were creepy since I was little kid screaming my way through Bozo's Circus (much to the chagrin of my parents who had ordered the tickets years before). It's great that clowns are skilled choreographers; it's a shame they have to use those talents in such a terrifying manner. Seriously, it's the face paint. A sane person would put the face paint on, look in the mirror, recognize just how evil it made nearly every expression on his face look, and wash it right off.

Wilt Dasney

No strong opinion here, but I wanted to pass along kudos to slappy for a post that elicited some geniune pathos from me on the subject of...clowns, of all things.

trr1

What about Ronald He's a clown and kids like him
thumbnail.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5D6_6sSM-8

AEfx

I don't have a phobia of 'em, I said that the Clown/Circus elements - pretty much meaning all the scenes involving - freaked me out and just gave me an overall, weird feelin' when I was young. I thought it was a strange direction to go into, with the design of a new land.

Uh...you just described a phobia, LOL, an irrational fear of something that you don't quite know where it comes from or why.

Considering that you not only have this feeling, but logged into a message board to post it, I'd err on the side that yes, you are a text book case of coulrophobia. ;)

That said, if you want a thread to die, it's best to stop bumping it yourself by saying such. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom