No more free valet parking at disney luxury hotels

DisneyFreak

<b>Observers say the move is clearly motivated by the company's desire to shore up a bottom line stung by the country's economic woes. And they call it one more example of Disney letting its concern over the bottom line get in the way of overall quality.

Not so, Disney spokeswoman Rena Callahan said.

"It has become a very standard industry practice, and we are just following that," Callahan said.</b>

But I remember the days when Disney tried to be different than standard. When did Disney start becoming a follower instead of a leader???
:mad: :(

Tramp

This policy change is the kind of nickle and dime that irritates the hell out of me....

I use to tip the valet attendants $2 each time we left the hotel and returned which could have been several times during the day, and certainly added up to more than $6 a day. This policy is taking the money right out of the attendants pockets who earn it by hustling for your car and sticking it in the money coffers in Anaheim.

Ya know, if you're gonna jack me up for few bucks, at least stick a friggin' gun in my back!

Thanks for the warning jay-rod.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tramp
This policy change is the kind of nickle and dime that irritates the hell out of me....

I use to tip the valet attendants $2 each time we left the hotel and returned which could have been several times during the day, and certainly added up to more than $6 a day. This policy is taking the money right out of the attendants pockets who earn it by hustling for your car and sticking it in the money coffers in Anaheim.

Ya know, if you're gonna jack me up for few bucks, at least stick a friggin' gun in my back!

Thanks for the warning jay-rod.

u r more then welcome my friend. did u check ur status as what member u r now. we all got demoted. lol

dopey

it appears that only the lame posters got knocked down. those of us who maintained our dignity stayed at the same level. :p

WDW-Imagineer

Actually, all Junior Imagineers & Senior Cast Members were demoted to Cast Member. You are Earning your Ears which is below Junior Cast Member. Because we post a lot, Steve increased the posts needed to achieve each higher level.

Seano846

This is crap, if you are staying(and paying) at a deluxe hotel there should be no charge.If you are only visiting, different story

Attachments

• mickey bust out.gif
    mickey bust out.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 317
Originally posted by Seano846
This is crap, if you are staying(and paying) at a deluxe hotel there should be no charge.If you are only visiting, different story

Exactly! They are already raping us for staying at their "deluxe" hotel! I am rather offended that they will now be raping us for daring to park there as well!:mad:

Disneynut

Don't forget, both the Swan and Dolphin as well as the "Official Hotels" near Downtown Disney, all charge for valet parking. It was a nice perk, but I guess times are changing.

DisneyKng

More money taken away from Cast Members. They deserve the little bit that they get.
I refuse to tip if I am charged to valet. If other guests also stop tipping then maybe it will stop. Unfortunetly it is at the expense of Cast Members.

MouseRight

From the Disney Vacation Club Member Site:

Valet Parking at the Walt Disney World® Resort

As of July 16, 2001, the Walt Disney World® Resort will adopt a standard industry practice and charge for valet parking at all Walt Disney World Resort locations that offer this guest service. The $6.00 fee (among the lowest in the market) is a daily charge, so once you have paid for valet service, you will receive unlimited valet parking for the remainder of the day. However, Disney Vacation Club Members will not be charged for valet parking at Disney's BoardWalk Resort and Disney's Wilderness Lodge, regardless of where they are staying. Disney Vacation Club Members must show their DVC Member card or Walt Disney World Resort ID indicating that they are a "DVC Member" when leaving their vehicle to be parked in order to receive this service at no charge at either Disney's BoardWalk Resort or Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Members will be charged for this service at any other valet parking operation at the Walt Disney World Resort. Whether or not you are charged to valet park, gratuities are still appropriate. There will be no charge for guests with disabilities with the proper permits. This charge only affects guests and Members who chose to use this service.

Smee

The reason you pay so much at the delux hotels/resorts is not because the rooms are so much better (unless your in a suite) it's for the services and amenities included. AND VALET PARKING IS A SERVICE YOU SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED FOR!!!

If your going to charge for it then put it everywhere. It's not a delux service anymore.

I won't stiff the poor CM if I still choose to use it, but for as little as I use the car when at WDW, I'll just park it myself.

What's next, fees for the transportation??? Don't laugh it could happen.

jay_london

What a disgrace they want to charge for valet parking plus expect you to tip the guys as well. In the end it will cost more to park the bloody car than you will spend on food. It seems that rather than value for money they just want to fleece resort guests dry. As a deluxe resort guest i expect to pay a higher price and to tip for the extra service but I think their charges are becoming excessive:mad:

jay

Maria

Originally posted by DisneyKng
More money taken away from Cast Members. They deserve the little bit that they get.
I refuse to tip if I am charged to valet. If other guests also stop tipping then maybe it will stop. Unfortunetly it is at the expense of Cast Members.

I am sure Disney had to give some of that money to the CM´s or the union would have spoken already.... at least, that is what I hope...

I disagree on having to pay for valet parking at the hotels if I am staying there, but I would still tip the CM if he did a good job and was nice to me and my car!

The Mom

Premium Member
I stayed at The Breakers in Palm Beach last month, and they charged $16/day for valet parking, which was bad enough, but only had about 20 non-valet parking spaces!! My husband was there before me, so we had to pay for 2 cars.In comparison the Disney prices don't sound so bad. (and no, I didn't tip the parking attendant, but my husband did)

Tramp

Originally posted by Maria
I disagree on having to pay for valet parking at the hotels if I am staying there, but I would still tip the CM if he did a good job and was nice to me and my car!

Hmmm....let's see...$300 plus a night for a room a little bigger than a dog house....and they're zapping me for a lousy $6 bucks a day to park my car....
Nope......no guilt here if I don't tip the CM.

jay_london

Originally posted by Tramp

Hmmm....let's see...$300 plus a night for a room a little bigger than a dog house....and they're zapping me for a lousy $6 bucks a day to park my car....
Nope......no guilt here if I don't tip the CM.

Good on ya I agree you cant keep shelling out, even us rich ones have our limits;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom