No more bread pudding at Ohana!?!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!

Crush Dude!

Just sent my complaint to wdw! :fork::fork::fork:

It may be in vain but this is like one of the BEST courses at a WDW restaurant and if this is possibly a trial for something new then complaints may stop it becoming permanent......

Clutching at straws i know :shrug::brick:

sweetpee_1993

Not that I'm in a huge hurry to return to WDW but that pretty well kills Ohana for me. The things I went there for was the honey-lime dressing and the bread pudding. I have the recipe for the dressing & make it all the time. No bread pudding? I'm done.

Crush Dude!

Not that I'm in a huge hurry to return to WDW but that pretty well kills Ohana for me. The things I went there for was the honey-lime dressing and the bread pudding. I have the recipe for the dressing & make it all the time. No bread pudding? I'm done.

It's just a terrible decision! Hopefully it won't be permanent!!

lebeau

inconceivable-1.jpg

Lexi

Has anyone actually been there recently to confirm or deny this?? We will be there for dinner on the 30th, so if this isn't confirmed by then I will let you all know.

Phonedave

Surprise surprise, there are quite a few people (I know a few myself) that do not like bananas, so I can see the reason for the change in the sauce.

However, there are also quite a few people (again - I know a few) who do not like coconut - so the change in the bread base confuses me.

-dave

FLYbyNITE

WOW! I'm kind of surprised with this. We weren't very overwhelmed with O'Hana, but we all loved the dessert (and I'm not a big banana's fan). No bread pudding and we might not even consider this when we return (even if we are staying in the Poly)

WDW1974

Bread pudding is good ... but not nearly as good as the fresh pineapple with caramel sauce, which as of my last visit (2-3 years ago) you could still request and they'd bring it.

This place has been very up and down quality wise since it opened.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just had a friend go check this out, no change on the menu printed outside, still bread pudding with banana caramel sauce.

HouCuseChickie

I have a couple of friends who are at WDW right now. I believe one ate at 'Ohana tonight or last night and the other has a big sweet 16 bday celebration there on Wednesday evening. While the latter of the two has a big fancy cake being delivered for the meal- I'll be sure to ask them both if bread pudding showed up at their tables after their meals.

disneyny

When we looked at the menu prior to going to Ohana the dessert didn't sound that good to me even though my cousin raved about it. Then we got to actually experience and oh my! It really was that good! Not too many things that change really disappoint me but that is one that sure would. That stuff is amazing. I think it would be a bad idea to change this.

Nikki M

We just returned from a trip and ate at Ohana, the bread pudding with bananna sauce was served to us at the end of the meal - so for now it is still being served.

Phonedave

Bread pudding is good ... but not nearly as good as the fresh pineapple with caramel sauce, which as of my last visit (2-3 years ago) you could still request and they'd bring it.

This place has been very up and down quality wise since it opened.

I have stopped going to what amounts to the Tower of Terror of Restaruants.

You know it's bad when I asked my 13 y/o if she wants to eat there when we go in June and she said "No, because you are never sure what you are going to get"

-dave

WDW1974

I have stopped going to what amounts to the Tower of Terror of Restaruants.

You know it's bad when I asked my 13 y/o if she wants to eat there when we go in June and she said "No, because you are never sure what you are going to get"

-dave

Smart kid! ... I tend to go visit Disney restaurants now when they open because they almost (the Wave would be an exception) are terrific at first. It's almost like they get you hooked and then ruin the place slowly and deliberately. I'll also go if a chef I like takes over another location ... and I'll go anywhere if I'm dining with a CM pal and they're getting a 40 or 50% discount (no, 20% doesn't do it for me anymore), which explains why I was at PH last trip!

But 'Ohana has been troubled for years ... no consistency in quality of food and service (great one time, mediocre at best the next).

I'll go again if a CM pal wants to use a 50% holiday dining certificate there next month, otherwise I'll pass!:xmas:

Pioneer Hall

Smart kid! ... I tend to go visit Disney restaurants now when they open because they almost (the Wave would be an exception) are terrific at first. It's almost like they get you hooked and then ruin the place slowly and deliberately. I'll also go if a chef I like takes over another location ... and I'll go anywhere if I'm dining with a CM pal and they're getting a 40 or 50% discount (no, 20% doesn't do it for me anymore), which explains why I was at PH last trip!

But 'Ohana has been troubled for years ... no consistency in quality of food and service (great one time, mediocre at best the next).

I'll go again if a CM pal wants to use a 50% holiday dining certificate there next month, otherwise I'll pass!:xmas:

I also have noticed this with 'Ohana over the past couple of years. I went there in Summer 09 and thought that it wasn't as good as I had remembered it being in the past. I ended up there again this past August and this time the food was very good and prepared much better. I would go again now having had a positive experience last time, but to me the restaurant is "on notice".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom