No mention of Lights of Winter in the 2010 holiday press release

captainkidd

Its called an opinion....he said that Disney no longer has value...Where does he come up with that stuff?

Replying to one ridiculous comment with another is kind of pointless, wouldn't you say?

I'm always gonna be a bigger Disney fan, but Universal is an absolute blast. They've done an amazing job over there. Their resorts are run better than Disney's, and their ride technology has caught up, and in some cases, surpassed Disney's.

PixarfortheWin

Replying to one ridiculous comment with another is kind of pointless, wouldn't you say?

I'm always gonna be a bigger Disney fan, but Universal is an absolute blast. They've done an amazing job over there. Their resorts are run better than Disney's, and their ride technology has caught up, and in some cases, surpassed Disney's.

LOL......look at their costumed characters and tell me they do an amazing job.....

Their resorts are not bad... better than Disney...nope not even close....

Ride technology...i would agree with if Harry Potter would not break down every day and if Rip Ride and Rockit was not a joke.

captainkidd

Evidence? Wait i forgot 200 people out of millions makes a majority according to people here....

Why are you always arguing and being so nasty to people? You've got under 100 posts, and the majority of them are nothing more than you trying to tell people their opinion is incorrect.

Relax.

captainkidd

LOL......look at their costumed characters and tell me they do an amazing job.....

Their resorts are not bad... better than Disney...nope not even close....

Ride technology...i would agree with if Harry Potter would not break down every day and if Rip Ride and Rockit was not a joke.

I don't see a problem with their costumed characters.

My experience in 3 stays at Universal is, while their resorts aren't themed as well as Disney's, their service is much better, and they are cleaner.

Rides at Disney break down every day as well. I've yet to see Disney come up with technology used in Spider-Man or Harry Potter.

Buried20KLeague

He was asked nicely.....:shrug:

More than once, I think. :lol:

They got most of mine last trip.

And word is their cash cow will be getting expanded sooner than later.

I tell you, I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to seeing WWoHP in a couple weeks, and also looking forward to trying out Halloween Horror Nights. Their resort has me more excited for a trip to Orlando than I have been in probably 3 or 4 years.

I'll reward effort with dollars. :D

PixarfortheWin

I don't see a problem with their costumed characters.

My experience in 3 stays at Universal is, while their resorts aren't themed as well as Disney's, their service is much better, and they are cleaner.

Rides at Disney break down every day as well. I've yet to see Disney come up with technology used in Spider-Man or Harry Potter.

I did not have a problem until i saw their Thing 1 and 2, Grinch and Marvel characters...they look like they were made by a 12 year old.

I have had no real issues with their hotels i just found them lacking...staff was not as friendly...

Spiderman is not bad but reminds me of Indiana Jones with 3D screens....Harry Potter i agree with even though the ride system is used at Sum of All Thrills it is a different ride though....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
blizzard-bans-350000-hackers-cheaters-battlenet-banhammer.jpg

cowanfamily

WOW! this is one hot topic. I have spent many trips at WDW. This year will by my first during the holiday season. I would have had no idea something was missing if I wasn't a regular on these boards. Switching ones allegiances from one company(WDW) to another (US) is an overreaction to disappointment. Don't think for one minute that the US faithfull weren't outraged over Back to the Future or King Kong being removed. It is a business. This country is STILL in a recession. Regardless of what anyone would like you to think. Certain things have to be cut so they can still make budget. At the same time they have to offer incentives to get people to come. This will be my 2nd trip this year. The only reason I can take 2 trips is because they offered free dining twice. Anyone that wants to quit going to WDW because a light display has been taken down or some attraction or show you grew up with is gone is just setting themselves up for more disappointment. There is a reason you fell in love with Disneyworld. That reason wasn't found anywhere else. Don't think for one minute that Harry Potter is going to make you feel like a kid again. You will go to US and spend the entire trip counting the days until you return to WDW.

GLaDOS

I tell you, I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to seeing WWoHP in a couple weeks, and also looking forward to trying out Halloween Horror Nights. Their resort has me more excited for a trip to Orlando than I have been in probably 3 or 4 years.

I'll reward effort with dollars. :D

WWOHP is truly something spectacular. A real testament of themed design and engineering.

But...back on topic.;)

GLaDOS

Anyone that wants to quit going to WDW because a light display has been taken down or some attraction or show you grew up with is gone is just setting themselves up for more disappointment.

I don't see anyone saying that here.:wave:

Don't think for one minute that Harry Potter is going to make you feel like a kid again. You will go to US and spend the entire trip counting the days until you return to WDW.

Really? Don't think for a moment?:lol: Because that's exactly what it did to me on my last trip. I was as giddy as a school girl. But the thing that amazed me most is that it is something that Disney used to build in Florida, but doesn't anymore for some reason.

On the plane flight home I kept thinking I can't wait to get back to WWoHP. That being said, I still love WDW. It IS possibly to love both, contrary to popular belief.

But again, this is about LoW, not WWoHP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom