No Love In an Elivator

Pat571

it has to be something old. the RNR was themed to older rock not the new stuff of today. aerosmith almost perfectly fit the criteria for that ride, comon you guys would be wanting to listen to slipknot or some other band of today on that ride? metallicas older stuff would be nice it would be cool listening to "enter sandman" while riding or old pearl jam stuff.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Tom Morrow
Yeah, I guess you're right. But in the off chance that Disney wants a Metal band, MetallicA would be it! :D

Thank you for understanding (I get SO misunderstood all the time!)...nothing personal against Metallica...

Luau Cove

Metallica is a famous and a nice metal band, but there's a huge different from being famous to being popular. People knows Aerosmith songs, but not everyone sings Metallica.

FUEL? Disney won't permit a song that goes:

"Running across through black and white
War horse
War head
F*ck 'em, man
White knuckles tight
Through black and white"

The rest of the songs talks about dead, anger and pain.....

Metallica is simply un-Disney.

-->LUAU

mmartin2x

"Metallica is a famous and a nice metal band, but there's a huge different from being famous to being popular. People knows Aerosmith songs, but not everyone sings Metallica.

FUEL? Disney won't permit a song that goes:

"Running across through black and white
War horse
War head
F*ck 'em, man
White knuckles tight
Through black and white"

The rest of the songs talks about dead, anger and pain.....

Metallica is simply un-Disney."

Some lyrics with questionable content ALREADY included on RnRC:

'You stand in the front just shakin' your ' - "Sweet Emotion"
The Whole Song - "Walk This Way"
'Your lips smackin', patty whackin' walkin' the street / I got a rag top Chevy, now I'm back on my feet / I get and E.M.H.O woody when I sit in the seat / 'Cause I'm ready, so ready, yeah / I got a girlfriend with the hoochie coochie eyes / 'Cause in the pink she looks so fine / She's got the cracker jack now / All I want's the prize, honey' - "F.I.N.E" (which is coincidentally an acronym for 'F.cked up, Insecure, Neurotic & Emotional')

And for the record, nobody actually suggested "Fuel" be used on the ride: just because one song has questionable content does not mean that song represents the artist's whole catalogue.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Right...and they have an instrumental version that Nascar is currently using on their NBC coverage....

I'd love to hear the

"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire . Oooh"

As he says the last word the train takes off......

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Fievel
Right...and they have an instrumental version that Nascar is currently using on their NBC coverage....

I'd love to hear the

"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire . Oooh"

As he says the last word the train takes off......

Fuel is great!!!! (actually that is the background music for a chase/race scene for a script I am writing...weather metallica lets who ever buys the scrpit use that song is another story :rolleyes: )

I might of mentioned this before....

Two songs need to be added to RnR:

Eat the Rich

and

Just Push Play

That would rock!

Luau Cove

Originally posted by mmartin2x
Some lyrics with questionable content ALREADY included on RnRC:

'You stand in the front just shakin' your ' - "Sweet Emotion"
The Whole Song - "Walk This Way"
'Your lips smackin', patty whackin' walkin' the street / I got a rag top Chevy, now I'm back on my feet / I get and E.M.H.O woody when I sit in the seat / 'Cause I'm ready, so ready, yeah / I got a girlfriend with the hoochie coochie eyes / 'Cause in the pink she looks so fine / She's got the cracker jack now / All I want's the prize, honey' - "F.I.N.E" (which is coincidentally an acronym for 'F.cked up, Insecure, Neurotic & Emotional')

And for the record, nobody actually suggested "Fuel" be used on the ride: just because one song has questionable content does not mean that song represents the artist's whole catalogue.

Apart from thinking as a Metallica fan, think as a simple visitor. Apart from "", which I don't consider it an offense, in "WALK THIS WAY", the rest of the songs - 9 Lives, Back In The Saddle, Dude Looks Like a Lady, Love In an Elevator and F.I.N.E- don't include insults, plus the b*tch at "Young " is never heard since they don't reach that verse. Anyway, Metallica's "popular" songs wordwide are 3: Enter Sandman; The Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters. Two of them are slow "ballads".

And for the record, my pal, "Fuel" was proposed by Tom Morrow.

-->LUAU

mmartin2x

Apart from thinking as a Metallica fan, think as a simple visitor. Apart from "", which I don't consider it an offense, in "WALK THIS WAY", the rest of the songs - 9 Lives, Back In The Saddle, Dude Looks Like a Lady, Love In an Elevator and F.I.N.E- don't include insults, plus the b*tch at "Young " is never heard since they don't reach that verse. Anyway, Metallica's "popular" songs wordwide are 3: Enter Sandman; The Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters. Two of them are slow "ballads".

And for the record, my pal, "Fuel" was proposed by Tom Morrow.

-->LUAU

I'm not a Metallica fan at all, nor do I even express a passing interest in them. I highly doubt you are either, which gives you no right to decide which of their songs are popular and would be easily recognized by the general public. The idea of opinion outweighing fact has been seen in a few of your posts in this thread, and while I don't like to be mean, it has to be said. For example: just because YOU don't find "" to be an offensive word [which is actually in "Sweet Emotion" and NOT "Walk This Way"] doesn't mean that everyone else must feel that way as well. Your arguments are also taken from a biased perspective: Aerosmith has had a *plethora* of ballad-like songs, and to tell the truth that's about all they can score a hit with nowadays. This does not necessarily mean that the public accociates Aerosmith with said tripe, nor is it implying that such a song would be used on RnRC.
As far as popular singles go, the majority of the songs on RnRC could be considered as "obscure", with only a small handful of mainstream hits in the ride's playlist.
Tying the singles in to the "ballad" aspect, Aerosmith's biggest hits were [and still are] ballads like "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing", which is thus far the only Aerosmith single to make number one. Moving on:

The original studio recording of "Love In An Elevator" is used for the ride and NOT a 're-recorded' version, unless you count that at the very end they [poorly] tacked on a four-part harmony clip of the group singing simply 'Love In A Rollercoaster'. Because of this, the song's original meaning and purpose remains intact.

You say that the "b.tch" in Young is never heard because they don't reach the verse which contains said offensive word: could they not also do something similar to this with Metallica's "Fuel" to avoid controversy?

"Walk This Way" is an undeniably raunchy song, one which alludes to incest, oral s.ex, and other assorted nasties which won't be discussed in detail here. While I personally think it's a well-written and clever song if taken in the right context, its subject matter is far from a big secret and including it in RnRC was a bit of a chancey move, although it is possibly Aerosmith's most famous song. It doesn't take swear words to make a song offensive, and this song is an example of that.

FINALLY, I didn't notice that "Tom Morrow" suggested "Fuel"; sorry for that mistake.

lamarvenoy

it could never happen but i'd love to go through it on Hardcore like the gorilla bisquits or burn or slapshot, even some of the new style emo or socal punk dbl,nofx,f2f,guttermouth. just dreamin......:snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom