No Love In an Elivator

Cosmo

This is still a pretty new ride (compared with other throughout the world) so i think its waaaaay to early to start talking about making a change like that. As said before, maybe updating some of the other rides that are in more need of some new stuff (gmr, startours, and others in other parks). That said, it would be cool to continually change out the band that's featured. I don't really have a big suggestion but for the love of God NOT A BOY BAND!!!! my stomach wouldn't be able to handle it...:hurl: :hurl: :hurl:
if i had to suggest somebody, i'd say Dave Matthews, but that's just me cuz i like his music.

Luau Cove

Here we go again:

What makes you think Aerosmith will be replaced by "new" bands like Creed or Weezer? Really, come on, think harder, there are hundreds of suitable bands for the ride than Madonna or Tom Petty. There are some requirements a band must have to replace Aerosmith at RnR:

1- It must be popular right now for the youth.
2- It must be old enough for grownups.
3- It must have a lot of hits in their career.
4- Their reputation must be fine- Not a "Society-sucks" band. It's Disney.
5- Their hits should be ROCK songs, not POP or TECHNO, and they must be wild enough to complement the ride.
6- Their member have to be recognized by everyone. Everyone knows who Stephen Tyler is when they see him.
7- Music must not be extremely loud or too hard because we know most of the adults won't like it. I'm talking for TRASH lovers.
8- Their image should help merchandising.

There are a few bands that fit with this descriptions. One is U2 and the other is Bon Jovi. I love Bon Jovi, however I really can't stand U2, though I know they would be fine in the ride. I'm not just naming my favorite bands, just being fair and reasonable.

-->LUAU

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Original Poster
Wouldnt Creed be automatically banned as they made that video at Universal Studios:lol:
As I said I dont know if its true its just an article in Classic Rock, Ill be sad to see them split.
However those Antipodean favourites ACDC! well with there new Disney tie in who knows.

For Those About To Chuck... We Invert You......
Kinda catchy IMHO

movie777

I KNOW ONE PERSON WHO FITS THE DESCRIPTION OF{EVERYBODY KNOWS THE SINGER}SLIM SHADY. HOW ABOUT HEARING THIS DURING THE RIDE. "THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR ME SO EVERYBODY JUST FOLLOW ME CAUSE WE NEED A LITTLE CONTRVERSY, CAUSE IT FELLS SO EMPTY WITHOUT ME.LOL

Cosmo

Originally posted by movie777
I KNOW ONE PERSON WHO FITS THE DESCRIPTION OF{EVERYBODY KNOWS THE SINGER}SLIM SHADY. HOW ABOUT HEARING THIS DURING THE RIDE. "THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR ME SO EVERYBODY JUST FOLLOW ME CAUSE WE NEED A LITTLE CONTRVERSY, CAUSE IT FELLS SO EMPTY WITHOUT ME.LOL

:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

WDWCook

It must be popular right now for the youth.
2- It must be old enough for grownups.
3- It must have a lot of hits in their career.
4- Their reputation must be fine- Not a "Society-sucks" band. It's Disney.
5- Their hits should be ROCK songs, not POP or TECHNO, and they must be wild enough to complement the ride.
6- Their member have to be recognized by everyone. Everyone knows who Stephen Tyler is when they see him.
7- Music must not be extremely loud or too hard because we know most of the adults won't like it. I'm talking for TRASH lovers.
8- Their image should help merchandising.
____

One band fits all of that, especialy #8
The greatest rock band in the world

KISS

Justin

KISS? KNIGHTS IN SATANS SERVICE?

....uhhhh no. Disney wouldn't do that, They wouldn't do Eminem either, Its a family park. Not something u hear !$# Q@#% %#%! all the time.
:( :( :(

alee4eva

But if anyone wants my opinion i think RnR should go to Linkin Park.

As much as I'd love that I think they're a bit heavy for Disney. If they went heavy I'd love to see Incubus up there. But that would never happen. I like the weezer or Red Hot Chilli Pepper ideas.

Justin

Hmmmm Linkin Parks too heavy? I dont know i thought Aerosmith was too, They go out of hand when they sing..

and i know for a fact KISS or EMINEM would be way to heavy. And trust me the only fans u would c riding that r KISS or EMINEM fans.

I dont know Weezer or incubus all to well. But heard good things about them. Would Nickelback do? or POD or something.

Mr.Nutz

Originally posted by mmartin2x
"It should be the Rock'n'Roller Coaster Featuring.... WEEZER!"

A Pinkerton rollercoaster! Disney should look into this.

Quoting a quote of myself, this is nice.

But anyway - pretty much any Weezer album would be great, apart from Green. Hash Pipe maybe, but not the rest. The story is this:

The boys play a concert, and play nothing but Green album music. The crowd gets so annoyed and violent, we have to speed off in our stretch limos.

Off topic here: has anyone seen the vid for the latest Weezer single, Keep Fishin'? It has the Muppets! It's great.

Justin

That would be pretty cool.
Yes KISS does stand for Knights in Satans Service i saw a tv show thing on it. ill try to find a website of it for u...

alee4eva

I think that like Linkin park and Incubus are too new even though I'd love to see them in a disney ride.... Aerosmith is something that my dad listened to and I listen to as well. There aren't too many bands like that. I like the Rolling Stones idea. But Weezer is pretty old, they had lots of hits, they're not really a society sucks band (all their songs are about girls). So I think they'd work. My mom loves Weezer. Two generations right there. I think it'd work.

Justin

huh? sorry im allitle confused haha. But thats me i get confused easy. Well i dont think we have to worry about RnR losing its sponsor right now its doing fine with Aerosmith.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Justin
That would be pretty cool.
Yes KISS does stand for Knights in Satans Service i saw a tv show thing on it. ill try to find a website of it for u...

i am pretty sure that i saw on VH1 that the whole thing about their name standing for 'nights in satans service' was a false rumor.

that aside, personally i wouldn't really enjoy kiss being featured on the ride. they are all hype.

bamboo7

Originally posted by alee4eva
I think that like Linkin park and Incubus are too new even though I'd love to see them in a disney ride.... Aerosmith is something that my dad listened to and I listen to as well. There aren't too many bands like that. I like the Rolling Stones idea. But Weezer is pretty old, they had lots of hits, they're not really a society sucks band (all their songs are about girls). So I think they'd work. My mom loves Weezer. Two generations right there. I think it'd work.

yea, weezer COULD work, but aerosith works much better than weezer would. my second choice (aerosmith being #1) would be U2, but this is all 'what if' stuff anyway, cause aerosmith isn't breaking up, and RnR isn't changing stars any time in the near future.

Tom Morrow

Ugh.. a lot of you just aren't thinking! Almost all of your suggestions simply would NOT work on RnRc!!

Here are all of your suggestions and why they would not work:

Weezer - Doesn't work because they aren't popular with most adults.

U2 - Might work, but most of their songs aren't "rocking" enough for a roller coaster soundtrack.

Creed - God no. Their music is absolutely terrible. Nobody wants to hear a ballad about having a child with Scott Stapp wailing his Eddie Vedder ripoff voice while riding a roller coaster. Not to mention they are so horribly overplayed that I don't know anyone that isn't completely sick of them.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - They would definately work - they've been around a long time, they're well known and liked by young and old. The only problem is their lyrics are a little dirty, but then again, so are Aerosmith's.

'N Sync - Only teen girls would ride.

Rolling Stones - Maybe, but most kids and teens don't like them.

Madonna - Isn't Rock Music.

The Beatles - Would work, but 2 of them are dead, so it would be impossible that they were giving a concert and wouldn't make sense. Plus they'd have to use 2 fake members and I'm sure nobody would want to see that, especially Paul and Ringo.

AC/DC - Probably one of the most likely choices.

Ozzy Osbourne - He could work as long as he cleaned up his act a little for the pre show. But since he has such a bad reputation of being an alcoholic and drug user (which is now very known thanks to his show - The Osbournes), he is not "Disney" quality.

Linkin Park - Only popular with kids and teens, most adults couldn't stand them. Plus, they won't be popular much longer anyway.

Dave Mathews Band - Sorry, wuss rock just doesn't fit a rock 'n' roll themed ride. ;)

Eminem - uh... no. :rolleyes:

KISS - The most overrated band ever and biggest sellouts. They only have ONE well known song anyway.

Incubus - Like a few of the bands mentioned, Incubus is only popular with teens, thus ruling out adults. Like Linkin Park, they won't be popular much longer.

Nickelback - See Incubus.

POD - See Nickelback.

There you have it. Of all those, U2, AC/DC and Red Hot Chili Peppers are the most likely choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom