No LL for international guest ?

nickys

Premium Member
You pre-authorize the card. Either way, you hand over card details.

And besides, payments aren't covered by regional privacy legislation. They fall under payment card industry standards, which are international.
I think the online safety act (UK) / digital services act (EU) cover money laundering. It could be to do with purchasing something non-tangible.

Rolling it into the ticket cost may be the way they have to go, if that’s the case.

FKLS

People hated park reservations. Now they are queuing up to pay Disney for them. Go figure.

I'll see how the land lies in November but now I'm thinking I'll be doing a 14 day Universal stay with one or two day trips to Disney when I plan my big family vacation.

osian

They’re laughing at all the people desperately trying to buy what used to be free…

People hated park reservations. Now they are queuing up to pay Disney for them. Go figure.
Just to be clear, are you referring to the people who were "demanding" pre-booking of Genie+ which Disney has responded to, or the international people who will be disadvantaged by domestic guests booking up popular attractions and slots first? Just to make it known that the latter group don't necessarily want pre-booking and are not "queuing up" to pay nor are they desperate to pay, in case there is any misunderstanding, I certainly don't want to pay for things that used to be free, but I also would like ot have the same privileges as domestic guests when picking slots and given the same chance. I take it you're both referring to the first group? Or were they snide comments directed at international people who are complaining about the restriction on app usage? If neither group, who exactly were you referring to?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just to be clear, are you referring to the people who were "demanding" pre-booking of Genie+ which Disney has responded to, or the international people who will be disadvantaged by domestic guests booking up popular attractions and slots first?
Neither. And both.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
Well the 24.07.24 has arrived! only time will tell , i only wish for Mr Iger and Mr D'Amaro to be behind the reception desks at the resorts over the summer period, and hear the distain that travellers have coming in from long haul flights, with large family's, tired children, and nearly at the end of there tether parents, to be told once you've found you room , unpacked, changed the diapers , put little ones to bed, then you can book your LL passes , What a joke!!!

MissingDisney

Well the 24.07.24 has arrived! only time will tell , i only wish for Mr Iger and Mr D'Amaro to be behind the reception desks at the resorts over the summer period, and hear the distain that travellers have coming in from long haul flights, with large family's, tired children, and nearly at the end of there tether parents, to be told once you've found you room , unpacked, changed the diapers , put little ones to bed, then you can book your LL passes , What a joke!!!
Ha! You’re supposed to book LL once you’ve landed and are waiting for baggage to drop, slacker. 😂

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
Ha! You’re supposed to book LL once you’ve landed and are waiting for baggage to drop, slacker. 😂
I'm sure family's will have enough on there plate trying to get everyone together, and praying there luggage arrives in one piece, before trying LL pass, Slacker !! ;)

JoeCamel

Almost enough to put you off the whole proposition and go elsewhere.......

UpAllNight

Perfect excuse to start your stay at a Universal hotel, enjoy those parks, book your LL and then move over to Disney. That’s what we’ll do when we book, so long as Universal don’t pull their own shocker with the 1 day entry to Epic that is rumoured for 14 day tickets.

LittleBuford

Regarding the VPN strategy, could the GPS issue be worked around by doing everything on a computer through the website rather than on a phone through the app? If I’m not mistaken, computers don’t track GPS.

nickys

Premium Member
Regarding the VPN strategy, could the GPS issue be worked around by doing everything on a computer through the website rather than on a phone through the app? If I’m not mistaken, computers don’t track GPS.
The LL system is only on the app.

However there is now a method circulating which seems to work, without having to use a GPS spoofing tool.

I haven’t read any first hand accounts yet though.

LittleBuford

The LL system is only on the app.

However there is now a method circulating which seems to work, without having to use a GPS spoofing tool.

I haven’t read any first hand accounts yet though.
Weird—I had assumed you could make reservations on your computer as with the old FP+.

Glad a new, potentially workable method has emerged!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom