No LL for international guest ?

mickEblu

Yeah but we arrive 21st jan 2025, straight to the resort ASM, this is crazy for us, why would we fly there 3-7 days before our holiday just to book passes for the parks. they've really thought this one through ( not ) no perk at all for spending thousands of pounds staying in WDW, hoping they will see sense, cant believe we will be the only ones that this will effect, thx for reply 👍

This is ridiculous. Are you not able try using VPN? Do you have family or friends in the US that can help you? I'd be willing to help you out and reserve the LL's for you so long as I'm not breaking any rules and you trust a random stranger on the internet with your login info. Lol. I'd imagine the LL's will need to be booked on your account on the WDW app?

Last edited:

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
This is ridiculous. Are you not able try using VPN? Do you have family or friends in the US that can help you? I'd be willing to help you out and reserve the LL's for you so long as I'm not breaking any rules and you trust a random stranger on the internet with your login info. Lol. I'd imagine the LL's will need to be booked on your account on the WDW app?
I’ve heard the VPN won’t work, I’m not tech savvy , but that’s what a couple of comments here have said, I’m all for Disney looking after there own,but I’ve never know them cut out so many guests with this new plan they have. Will see how it goes in Jan, if we are struggling to purchase ILL and day passes , I can’t see this being an annual trip anymore, just won’t be bothered , and that’s a real bummer, we love WDW, that’s my wife's and I real happy place, great people, attractions, shows, and the Disney bubble . 👍

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I’ve heard the VPN won’t work, I’m not tech savvy , but that’s what a couple of comments here have said,
Yes, the app uses GPS to identify your location. A vpn will have no effect.

Also turning off the location feature in the app doesn’t work either.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
Yes, the app uses GPS to identify your location. A vpn will have no effect.

Also turning off the location feature in the app doesn’t work either.
Just seen this on another forum, not sure how credible it is though.
Conflicting information from the UK trip planning forum, in a good way. See the part with the asterisk.

Screenshot_20240626_172030_Chrome.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
Just seen this on another forum, not sure how credible it is though.
Conflicting information from the UK trip planning forum, in a good way. See the part with the asterisk.

Screenshot_20240626_172030_Chrome.jpg
Nope, that was a CM who gave out duff information.
Disney later issued the clarification for Canada and restated that guests could only pre-book from the US or Canada.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
I pity the people that thought this was a good idea, as people have said, this is still fresh , only a few weeks old, wait to the influx in the summer of worldwide guests arriving, I think it’s going to be a bumpy ride for Disney, ( not that they care ) let’s hope sense prevails 🤞

Ayla

Nah, that's bull. They let you book ADR's from the UK just fine.

And back in the Fast Pass+ days, you could book those too. That was only a few years ago, privacy rules haven't changed much since then (if at all).
Those didn't involve a financial transaction through the app.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
I bet Disney executives are laughing at us trying to figure out the why’s and why not’s , I’m sure the D23 event entitled Horizons, will be a new international pass for guests outside the U.S, you never know😂

GigglesMcSnort

Most adr’s I remember didn’t involve a financial transaction to hold a reservation. You weren’t pre-paying.
You pre-authorize the card. Either way, you hand over card details.

And besides, payments aren't covered by regional privacy legislation. They fall under payment card industry standards, which are international.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom