No fastpasses available today?

Disvillain63

The kiosk are set-up in areas of each of the 4 parks...kind of looks like a small ATM machine (the ones in gas stations)... you use your KTTK card, AP, or Magicband and are able to set-up FP for your party...if all your bands are synced together...you can also take members of your party off your list for each FP (young children or someone not wanting to ride). It gives you 3 rides/attractions (in our case it was the BIG 3 at Epcot...TT, Soarin', and MS); we could change the times and the attractions but we could only pick 3. The one we used at Epcot was at the International Gateway.

dreamfinder

Are you using and apple product? I've never seen the app tell me it was standby only, that is really interesting. I know the andriod and apple apps are different, but I haven't had the chance to play with the apple one

I only saw it sporadically during use. Mostly towards the end of the day when an attraction was otherwise sold out of FP.

So am I interpreting all of this correctly that Annual Passholders who are not visiting with a resort reservation are not eligible to book FastPass+ except after they arrive at one of the parks? If true, it seems I'll never be able to ride an E ticket attraction ever again.
So this seems to confirm what I'm seeing. As an AP holder (who happens to be an Orlando local) I cannot use FP+ because I do not have a resort reservation.

As mentioned already, currently FP+ is in testing for resort guests only. So if you take your AP and make a resort reservation, the FP+ system then allows you to start booking FP+. However, I believe most people are running into a 7 day FP+ booking limit, which would jive with reports/assumptions that AP holders would have a limit on the number of FP+ days they can book at a time.

sulleyfan

I haven't had time to read all 12 pages of this thread, but we were at Hollywood studios for rope drop yesterday and it was insane. I think the crowds were larger than expected. It was really sad to see so many kids crying near the toy story ride. There were a lot of disappointed families. We were there last week and it was a lot lighter for crowds. Yesterday the fast passes for the coaster and mansion were gone really early too.

We hopped over to Epcot as the lines were all too long. I did see someone handing out tickets in front of the land, but only to select people.

I have loved my magic band, and have had minimal problems with it this week, but have had a couple people comment on how mad they were that we had special treatment with pre booking fast passes. One family yesterday were really angry and stood in line complaining about the new system, and how unfair it was. It is also confusing to people as some rides only have fast pass+ and they are walking around looking for machines to get tickets (ex Ariel's grotto)

danv3

I am a planner by nature, but there's always, and should always be room for spontaneity. Does Spaceship Earth really need a FP? Living with the Land? IASW?

Those types of attractions have to have FP+ to try to placate the masses when they can't get FP+ for the top rides. People will be upset to get a Living with the Land FP instead of Soarin', but they'd be more upset to get no FP+ at all (they'll feel like they were denied something they paid for). Also, Disney is counting on at least some people not knowing what attractions to pick and thus wasting a FP+ selection on the Teacups.

luv

Honestly, upper management should be fielding those positions throughout this roll out. Better yet, place the members of that brain-trust meeting out front, so they can hear and see and experience FP+ in all its faded glory.

I am a planner by nature, but there's always, and should always be room for spontaneity. Does Spaceship Earth really need a FP? Living with the Land? IASW?

We have a trip planned for Feb. 2014, staying at the VGF via our DVC points, and buying our tickets from Under Cover Tourist...getting a tad nervous, and frankly, a little POed over this new system. Fingers crossed, right?
Fingers crossed for you.

They added FP lines to tons of rides that didn't need it because they have to make this seem like it's a big perk when it isn't. They're creating a demand for these ridiculous, billion-dollar wristbands.

The day I saw the FP line for Figment, I lost almost all the respect I had left for the people running WDW.

Poofiesdream

If I buy an AP but don't "activate" it until I go to the parks will I be able to access FP+ prior to arrival using the AP voucher? If I buy Park Hoppers will I be able to use those tickets to access FP prior to using the tickets themselves?

Yes you can I did it! You just link the voucher # to your account or if you buy from Disney the order #

draybook

...unless it works, and Art of Animation is full to capacity in 2 years.

And before we begin blowing the Potter trumpet, let's not forget, Universal's system of offering queue advantages to their resort guests offers an even greater advantage to these guests than FastPassPlus, and predates it.

Yeah, but Universal's system works. And since there are such low numbers of EP users compared to regular folks the EP line doesn't take a huge dump on the regular line like FP- does.

draybook

Fingers crossed for you.

They added FP lines to tons of rides that didn't need it because they have to make this seem like it's a big perk when it isn't. They're creating a demand for these ridiculous, billion-dollar wristbands.

The day I saw the FP line for Figment, I lost almost all the respect I had left for the people running WDW.

LOL, that's exactly what I said when my son and I walked into Imagination last month. He asked me why I was chuckling but I didn't want to ruin his fun since he loves Figment so much.

Padraig

My wife is the Universal fan, while I'm still Disney*. We've often discussed which we'd hit if we could get away and cross the Atlantic for three days over Christmas. Both of us are fairly entrenched. I've disliked the idea of MM+ since it was announced, but this thread had me favouring** Universal for the first time.

*Still huge admirer of what Universal are doing.
**Briefly. But it's the first time those cracks have appeared.

IWantMyMagicBand

At the risk of being burned at the stake - what's wrong with rewarding on-site guests?
I came last year and will be going next year. We stay at OKW as non-dvc. Our hotel and tickets cost nearly $11k, for 6 of us, that's before flights and food, so straight away Disney is getting on average $5.5k per year from us, more than Premium APs for all of us would.
The disadvantages to staying truly onsite are:
- We are unable to take a picnic in the park unless we buy it from our onsite shop, Disney gets our money.
- We are unable to drop-in to special events, such as the Villains night, or a Limited Time Magic.
- We are stuck if a bad weather system comes in, we can't come back in a couple of weeks when it clears.
- We don't get 10% off merchandise like APs, and we spend ALOT on souvenirs.
- Those lucky enough to live near the magic can just dip in when they want. Opening of SDMT? You can be there is it's announced a week before. I can't and have to plan my time wisely for when I'm there.

Disney is the only park I know that offers free FP. We are AP holders for the Merlin Group (Lego land, Chessington, Alton Towers). We don't get EMH or FOTL like those that stay in the park hotels. Do I mind? No, because I can come back when it's less busy, take my own food etc etc. I could pay for FOTL if I wanted it that badly.

My dad has a 3 bed at Bahama Bay in Davenport. Do we stay there? No, because it's inconvenient for doing a Disney holiday, and after reading this thread it has cemented my idea that staying onsite is better for us.

We will take 2 days out of the bubble to hit Uni, and I will be paying for their express passes as I want to do everything. We'll probably take a CS meal with us as a picnic - Disney gets our money.

It's not rocket science that those who spend more, get more. I need to spend a heck of a lot more on my Harrods Card or Amex Card to get the next level of benefit.

RSoxNo1

Once again, if they insist on Fastpass+ here's the solution
  • Give all resort guests access to the Fastpass+ system in advance of their trip (I'd prefer it to not be 60 days out, but whatever)
  • Give all annual pass holders access to the Fastpass+ system in advance (1 day or a week)
  • Limit Fastpass+ usage to ONE PER DAY
  • Limit advanced Fastpass+ distribution to at most 50% of an attraction's Fastpass+ capacity
  • Do not limit Fastpass+ distribution at premium viewing for parades and fireworks
  • Keep the current Fastpass distribution rules for all day guests

IWantMyMagicBand

Nothing, as long as it doesn't negatively impact your core audience.
Yes, but "core" is beginning to mean "historic". Disney's desired "core" audience are onsiters. Obama announced in January last year, at WDW, that he wants more tourists money. Every 2nd advert on TV is now Disney World or Disney Cruise in the UK...

NearTheEars

I'm still at a loss here. It seems that the same amount of total Fastpasses are being distributed, a percentage to the Fastpass PLUS and a percentage to Fastpass. Even if it's 50/50, 60/40 or 90/10, the same amount of people will be walking up to an attraction with some form of a Fastpass just as before.

Yet everyone believes it's all mass chaos, children crying, families unwilling to wait in line.

I've said it before in this thread: since when did many get the idea that everyone is just entitled to walk right on to the ride?

Whoa is me! A 60 minute wait for TT, ToT, Soarin etc.

Feel free to check posts from years past. There's always been long lines folks. And we've always waited in them.

Resort guests shell out tons more money. What's so wrong with them being treated accordingly?

And this is coming from a lowly, local AP who likely won't see that big of a perk from this system, but understands it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It really shouldn't be a case of crossing fingers. If things are meant to be 'improved' with the new system then anyone who's penalised by it is disadvantaged by it, hence it becomes worse than it used to be.
Well you know my thoughts, I say scrap all forms of FP and go back to a single, immersive queue. If you want to ride, you wait. Simple as that.

Just got back from 5 days of using FP+

Had MK FP+ on late Saturday afternoon and there was still flexibility to get standard FP and edit FP+ selections throughout the night.

On Sunday, got to DHS at 10AM since I had TSMM, RNRC, and ToT in succession for 9,10,11am. Arrived 7 minutes late to TSMM and system allowed me in. TSMM fastpasses were not being distributed, RNRC had return time for 6PM and ToT still had them but I didn't look at the time.

Monday I had Soarin and TT back to back to start the morning and Soarin had 6PM FP return time at 9:45 AM and Test Track had late return times as well.

I was at DHS on Wednesday and it was very full. I had the same lineup of rides from 9-11 as Sunday. Got to TSMM 23 minutes late and Mickey head did not turn green but CM allowed me to ride. Arrived to ToT 5 minutes early and system allowed me in.

While I had a great time since everything was reserved in advance, I would have had a miserable time if I was not participating in the MM testing. Aside from MK, the other parks are going to have major issues with the lack of FP+ worthy attractions. Everyone is going to go after the same three selections at DHS, EPCOT (2 really at EPCOT since MS is not the most popular ride), and AK.

I'm really hoping it was some kind of bug with the FP system that caused such a scarcity the last few days but I really think this is going to end up changing everyones usual park touring strategies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom