No fastpasses available today?

cbsav

Here is your Epcot update- FP still available TODAY for Test track @ 2:30-3:30, 3:15-4:15, and 4:05-5:05, Soarin' from 7:30-8:30 (possibly also earlier, but they are giving me my other choices at that time)

This isn't too bad, you wouldn't be doing much better with legacy FP on a typical day at 2:30 in the afternoon.

For the record, I'm not posting this to be all "rah-rah FP+ is the best", I'm personally not a huge fan, but just to let people know that the end days are not here yet. If you have a vacation coming up soon, you still have some flexibility, don't despair of FP+ too much yet.

So here is the issue, i'm looking at the app (i'll try to screen cap) and mine says there is nothing for TT or Soarin. How many guests are you putting in?

Last edited:

ExtinctJenn

Yes -- about 5 times between 1983 and 1994. (Why? Did you see me there?) ;) Were you wondering if I'd experienced the "old" pre-Fastpass regime?
Sort of yeah. I mean I get what you're saying and no offense intended but I don't see why the inability to get a FP should keep anyone from going, especially if they remember what it was like to stand in line before FPs existed. Sure some have pointed out that FP slightly increased standby waits but if you go during busy times of the year, the standby lines are bad and the FPs are tough to come by anyway. I'm just at a loss when I see folks as upset as you obviously are. Maybe I'm just keeping hope that things like this aren't going to be the norm... especially because the FP+ system opened up a ton more attractions and shows that didn't even have FP before (so the people who before would've used up all the FPs at Soarin may be able to spread it out some). I guess really, I just personally don't want to make any assumptions until this is all full live and not half & half and see how it goes. :)

ToTBellHop

Also, i don't want to make incorrect assumptions so i've set a reminder for tomorrow morning to check FP availability. Right now it says there are no TDM . I'l report back then.

So here is the issue, i'm looking at the app (i'll try to screen cap) and mine says there is nothing for TT or Soarin. How many guests are you putting in?
I usually try "4 gophers" and that pushes it through.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I could have swore that one of the original Disney Blogs on FP+ said that all day guests will have access to a Magic Band and FP+ when the entire program is implemented.
They will have access to same day fp+ unlike resort guest who have access 60 days out. But the program is still in testing and not all resorts have been added yet, so I'm not even sure when you can expect testing for guest staying off property.

I saw that. And i was just checking 30 min ago and nothing was available. Perhaps people are changing/canceling their FPs so some are being available. That said, I'm not going to sit on my phone and keep refreshing a slow app over and over to get a FP while i'm on vacation.

Hmm, were you looking on the app and saw nothing available? I know when were there two weeks ago the app was giving us lots of trouble. I pretty much just used the kiosks when I needed to make changes, because they were faster and more reliable. I would pull the app up on my phone, and meanwhile walk to the nearest kiosk, and always I was able to get to the kiosk faster than I was able to get the app to load up on my phone.

It is possible that the app is less accurate then the website, and that is why nothing was pulling up for you. This is a real problem, and I would suggest to anyone traveling soon to familiarize yourself with the locations of the kiosks, they will be much more helpful and user friendly, at least in the near-term.

Weather_Lady

Sort of yeah. I mean I get what you're saying and no offense intended but I don't see why the inability to get a FP should keep anyone from going, especially if they remember what it was like to stand in line before FPs existed. Sure some have pointed out that FP slightly increased standby waits but if you go during busy times of the year, the standby lines are bad and the FPs are tough to come by anyway. I'm just at a loss when I see folks as upset as you obviously are. Maybe I'm just keeping hope that things like this aren't going to be the norm... especially because the FP+ system opened up a ton more attractions and shows that didn't even have FP before (so the people who before would've used up all the FPs at Soarin may be able to spread it out some). I guess really, I just personally don't want to make any assumptions until this is all full live and not half & half and see how it goes. :)

I don't mean we'd stop going -- only that we're going to have to wait in more lines than we used to.

Also, I do remember before FP existed -- but back then, the standby lines moved MUCH faster because they weren't slowed down with a FP line merging with them, and because the number of guests who visited was less than it is today. Also, I think it's safe to assume that there was far less GAC use and abuse in those days. Rope drop was our biggest friend then, and we used it well.

It's not so much that I'm angry, and I'm sorry if I came off that way: I'm mostly baffled. This system is going to be less convenient (because we have to plan our FPs ahead) and less available (because we're not just competing with people who got to the park before us, but with everyone who has tickets) than the old FP system, and will add unnecessary stress and structure to a "relaxing" vacation. It's also not going to decrease standby times at major attractions (because their Fastpasses "max out" every day so the same number of people will be getting Fastpasses for them, regardless of whether they got them in the park or online), and it will increase the standby lines at minor attractions (because the newly-created Fastpass+ lines will slow down the progress of the standby lines, and because guests who'd have gotten multiple FPs for headliners in the past and are now limited to one will be driven to non-headline attractions in greater numbers). I simply wish Disney hadn't done it. (A comparison could be made to those who used GAC before and don't like the idea of DAS. "I don't like this change because I want my family to have the same kind of positive vacation experience we had before, and this change seems to threaten that," although arguably DAS was so badly abused that it had to change, whereas paper Fastpasses were not a "broken" system.) But life goes on and this is a drop in the bucket. We'll live and we'll adapt: I just don't see FP+ as an improvement, and it annoys me to see Disney touting it as such.

Last edited:

cbsav

I'm putting in three, and I'm using the website.

Weird, i did two and used the app...ah disney technology!

photo.png

mbtohill

If I buy an AP but don't "activate" it until I go to the parks will I be able to access FP+ prior to arrival using the AP voucher? If I buy Park Hoppers will I be able to use those tickets to access FP prior to using the tickets themselves?

ToTBellHop

If I buy an AP but don't "activate" it until I go to the parks will I be able to access FP+ prior to arrival using the AP voucher? If I buy Park Hoppers will I be able to use those tickets to access FP prior to using the tickets themselves?
As of yet, no. Activated APs (if properly uploated to MM+, which is not trivial) do allow FP+.

Are you using and apple product? I've never seen the app tell me it was standby only, that is really interesting. I know the andriod and apple apps are different, but I haven't had the chance to play with the apple one

This is all very interesting, when I do two people on the website it will let me have Soarin' at 5:55-6:55, but it won't let me have Test Track at all. This doesn't make any sense, if there is room for three on Test Track, why isn't there room for two?

And why is it letting me have Soarin' for two people but not you?

If I knew how to do a screen shot I would show you!

cbsav

This is all very interesting, when I do two people on the website it will let me have Soarin' at 5:55-6:55, but it won't let me have Test Track at all. This doesn't make any sense, if there is room for three on Test Track, why isn't there room for two?

It's just silly...and essentially CHAOS.... dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

muteki

Because that would make sense.

The system seems to work by the same logic the other Disney reservation systems do....great...o_O
There is no " solution" for this problem, other than increasing capacity by building more attractions. Disney, build more attractions dammit!
There has to be a middle-of-the-road solution that puts day guests and APers on equal ground as trip planners. They have a couple billion dollars and lots of smart people to figure it out. Problem is that solution is not preferable to the powers that be.

Last edited:
Saw a lady at Seaworld yesterday with a magic band on - should have told her to stop hoggin all the fastpasses is she's not even going to be there! :D

That is a good point. Look at the ADR system and how it had to be changed due to over-booking. I wonder how many who are making FP+ reservations even use them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom