No fastpasses available today?

PrincessNelly_NJ

To build on this...

What are vacations going to be like for those people who simply buy park tickets through AAA or Undercover tourist, or wherever, stay offsite, and try and just go to the parks?

The punishment for being uninformed at WDW has always been fairly harsh, but I think this is taking it to another level.

My parents are going in a month and staying in my DVC. I consider myself very informed, and I have very little idea of what to tell them to do about all this.

Honestly, if it wasn't for forums like this. I think many of us would be lost. There's so much misinformation and confusion going on with MM+ and who can and can't use kiosk. I was just there last month and the impression I got was unless you were invited to test MM+ with or without bands, that regular room keys didn't work with the kiosk.

cbsav

Wow - thank you for this information! For those of us who intend to attempt to reserve FP+ at the 60-day (or whatever it ends up being) window, it's clear that the "competition" will be much like the current situation for table service ADRs. To paraphrase Mr. T., "I pity the foo' who tries to get Fastpass+ online after the 60-day mark." ;)

And i bet at least a 1/3 will go unused because planning every minute of everyday is impossible. At least the new Credit Card requirements for dinning will make walk-ups and same day reservations easier.

awilliams4

I realize that this is probably going to make me very unpopular, but has anybody thought of this?? I realize that there are thousands of folks who can afford to or choose to stay in the WDW hotels and resorts, BUT there are also thousands who don't or can't - either for monetary, personal preference, or availability reasons. So does this mean no magicbands for the rest of us?? So we can forget about getting a dining reservation, and don't even think about scoring a fastpass for ANY ride whatsoever!!! How is MagicBand going to serve the rest of us??? Personally, I have timeshare in Orlando, so why would I stay 'in the bubble' when I already have a 2 bedroom deluxe condo that costs me less that $700 per week?? Anybody have any experience with how this is going to work for the rest of us??

So...If I can't get ANY dining reservations - because walk-ups simply don't seem to happen anymore, if I can't score ANY fastpasses - because the paper ones are going away, then what is going to make me choose Disney over Universal??? At Universal I can walk up to any ticket booth and pay a little more for "front of the line passes" all day long ??? Anybody knowledgeable with any good insights??? I am starting to re-think my vacations plans here.

The plan is for all guests to eventually be able to use Magic Bands.

ToTBellHop

I people are concerned for those not using the magic bands yet though.
I'm not concerned for those people...
And i bet at least a 1/3 will go unused because planning every minute of everyday is impossible. At least the new Credit Card requirements for dinning will make walk-ups and same day reservations easier.
You really believe that? The actual goal is to only have as many servers as necessary based upon bookings. It won't get any easier to walk up. Disney does not want you to just walk up to anything any more. Your WDW vacation will be a series of pre-planned activities with gift shops inbetween.

dreamfinder

I think many of us were expecting that they would be running out of paper FPs much earlier in the day, and ditto for FP+ when the paper ones are removed completely and off site guests are able to book FP+. Currently FP distribution gets spread out simply from the nature of being able to only reserve one FP at a time, and that not everyone is in park at rope drop. But now that people can book them at their leisure, selling out in advance is gonna happen.

So, they're not going to be holding back any Fastpasses for day guests? This is a terrible blow to APs and local guests who aren't planning every visit more than 2 months out.

All indications were that something would be done at some point. But most people are reporting that 75%+ of the FP allotment is now FP+. Assuming TSM allows for 900 riders per hour (seems to be the accepted number), of which people are thinking 80% are allocated to FP. So 720 FP per hour, of which about 180 might be reserved for day of/paper FP. If DHS is open 9-7, thats 10 hours, or 1,800 day of/paper FP. Easily could be gone shortly after opening if that is the entire day of/paper allotment. (My numbers are all based on what other people are reporting and may be way off)

danv3

So, they're not going to be holding back any Fastpasses for day guests? This is a terrible blow to APs and local guests who aren't planning every visit more than 2 months out.

It would be nice if Disney would own up to this. People who don't pre-plan aren't going to have access to any "good" fastpasses. Sure, they'll be able to get some fastpass the day of, but nothing worth having. FastPass for the Ellen's Energy Adventure at 6:32pm? You bet!

This is weird, I just checked on MDE, and tomorrow I can make a FP+ reservation for TSMM for any hour of the day. I don't understand how they could all be gone for tomorrow if they are letting me make reservations?

awilliams4

Disney is broken. The effort to force guests to spend more time/money on property by requiring them to book FP in advance will be the very thing that drives guests away. I hope they can sort this mess out.

5 Years from now....all things being equal, I would suggest to you that WDW's attendance will continue to climb as it usually does year over year.

cbsav

Wouldn't make sense, as the goal is for everyone to be "required" to plan in advanced to "make" them stay at Disney rather than got to UNI or SeaWorld, and to help Disney properly staff. Additionally, the reason Disney added FP to attractions that don't need them is so no one can say "I didn't get my money's worth b/c i didn't get any FPs" - They can always get Indian Jones Stunt Show and Muppet Vision FPs!

draybook

I'm not concerned for those people...You really believe that? The actual goal is to only have as many servers as necessary based upon bookings. It won't get any easier to walk up. Disney does not want you to just walk up to anything any more. Your WDW vacation will be a series of pre-planned activities with gift shops inbetween.

Yeah me neither. Spit on them!!!

awilliams4

It would be nice if Disney would own up to this. People who don't pre-plan aren't going to have access to any "good" fastpasses. Sure, they'll be able to get some fastpass the day of, but nothing worth having. FastPass for the Ellen's Energy Adventure at 6:32pm? You bet!

While what your saying is possible, how the hell do you know this? If I had to guess, Disney will not allow all FPs for certain attractions to all be reserved in advance.

ToTBellHop

Well maybe not you but those people are paying guest. So it is extremely unfair to them, especially anyone staying on property without fp+
Folks staying on property will be able to use FP+ within the week, so that's a fleeting issue. As for those staying off-property, don't. Disney would like locals to enjoy Disney Springs or Gatorland. No FP+ at the water parks...

cbsav

5 Years from now....all things being equal, I would suggest to you that WDW's attendance will continue to climb as it usually does year over year.
And if the attendance drops, but they are getting more money from guests staying on property, it's a win for the company b/c then they don't need as much staff to serve guests - save on salary but make same amout from guests...hmm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom