No fastpasses available today?

britlightyear

Original Poster
A friend of mine is currently at WDW with his family and just posted that there are no (paper) fastpasses available for Toy Story Mania, Soarin' or Test Track. He said that they are currently unable to add the rides to their magic band accounts and that there is quite a crowd of very unhappy people gathering in front of TSM. Anybody know what's going on today? Is this a sign of things to come?

asianway

A friend of mine is currently at WDW with his family and just posted that there are no (paper) fastpasses available for Toy Story Mania, Soarin' or Test Track. He said that they are currently unable to add the rides to their magic band accounts and that there is quite a crowd of very unhappy people gathering in front of TSM. Anybody know what's going on today? Is this a sign of things to come?
Eventually this will be how it is - didnt expect it to be so soon

dreamfinder

Seems to be an odd day for them to make that switch. Especially since there are still resorts that haven't deployed MagicBands yet. If they can't add them to their MDE accounts either, I'd wager that there is a glitch in the matrix messing it up rather than a purposeful switch off. Although at this time I could see that TSM was simply out of FPs for the day, and possibly Soarin' as well although I'd expect TT to have them for a few more hours still.

ExtinctJenn

Yesterday for those already booked on a trip a new video with Edna Mode showed up on MDE as a training video for MM+. As of today when you call Disney they are telling you (depending on who you talk to) that MM+ will be full live 10/23 (some report being told instead that it's effective 28 days out from arrival for December check-ins). It sounds like they are doing system changes in prep for full live soon either way and I'd bet this is a screw up in the process of doing that... just a hunch!

britlightyear

Original Poster
Seems to be an odd day for them to make that switch. Especially since there are still resorts that haven't deployed MagicBands yet. If they can't add them to their MDE accounts either, I'd wager that there is a glitch in the matrix messing it up rather than a purposeful switch off. Although at this time I could see that TSM was simply out of FPs for the day, and possibly Soarin' as well although I'd expect TT to have them for a few more hours still.

He said they got there at opening to find TSM with no FP's so I don't think they could have run out yet.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sunday There were not FP+ available for 17-21 for Toy, Soar'n Test Track, Splash, Thunder, but no Toy.

One of my DS former roomies still works Toy, he is going to try and message him and see what the heck. That is if anyone has accurately told the CMs which is a toss of the coin.

Last edited:

meyeet

In a disney chat someone said the the FPs were gone at 9:16

"Yup. MDE had FP return time at 10:35 to 11:35 at 9:14 am. Then at 9:16 had FP return at 5:25 to 6:25. then right after that they were gone. Wow!!"

ExtinctJenn

so could easily be a glitch, or they are reducing the number of paper FPs per hour depending on the number of scheduled FP+?
I think I'd lean toward this. More folks are traveling with MM+ these days as the testing had opened to all resorts about the time people there today would've been checking in online etc. I'd bet that they are having to reduce paper FPs allowed on those attractions for which a ton of FP+ reservations were made.

nytimez

Yesterday for those already booked on a trip a new video with Edna Mode showed up on MDE as a training video for MM+. As of today when you call Disney they are telling you (depending on who you talk to) that MM+ will be full live 10/23 (some report being told instead that it's effective 28 days out from arrival for December check-ins). It sounds like they are doing system changes in prep for full live soon either way and I'd bet this is a screw up in the process of doing that... just a hunch!

Wait, you have to watch a training video to take a vacation? Ouch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom