No fastpasses available today?

Pixie VaVoom

I realize that this is probably going to make me very unpopular, but has anybody thought of this?? I realize that there are thousands of folks who can afford to or choose to stay in the WDW hotels and resorts, BUT there are also thousands who don't or can't - either for monetary, personal preference, or availability reasons. So does this mean no magicbands for the rest of us?? So we can forget about getting a dining reservation, and don't even think about scoring a fastpass for ANY ride whatsoever!!! How is MagicBand going to serve the rest of us??? Personally, I have timeshare in Orlando, so why would I stay 'in the bubble' when I already have a 2 bedroom deluxe condo that costs me less that $700 per week?? Anybody have any experience with how this is going to work for the rest of us??

So...If I can't get ANY dining reservations - because walk-ups simply don't seem to happen anymore, if I can't score ANY fastpasses - because the paper ones are going away, then what is going to make me choose Disney over Universal??? At Universal I can walk up to any ticket booth and pay a little more for "front of the line passes" all day long ??? Anybody knowledgeable with any good insights??? I am starting to re-think my vacations plans here.

ExtinctJenn

I realize that this is probably going to make me very unpopular, but has anybody thought of this?? I realize that there are thousands of folks who can afford to or choose to stay in the WDW hotels and resorts, BUT there are also thousands who don't or can't - either for monetary, personal preference, or availability reasons. So does this mean no magicbands for the rest of us?? So we can forget about getting a dining reservation, and don't even think about scoring a fastpass for ANY ride whatsoever!!! How is MagicBand going to serve the rest of us??? Personally, I have timeshare in Orlando, so why would I stay 'in the bubble' when I already have a 2 bedroom deluxe condo that costs me less that $700 per week?? Anybody have any experience with how this is going to work for the rest of us??

So...If I can't get ANY dining reservations - because walk-ups simply don't seem to happen anymore, if I can't score ANY fastpasses - because the paper ones are going away, then what is going to make me choose Disney over Universal??? At Universal I can walk up to any ticket booth and pay a little more for "front of the line passes" all day long ??? Anybody knowledgeable with any good insights??? I am starting to re-think my vacations plans here.
I could be wrong but my understanding is that once this is full live, while paper FPs won't be around anymore, your park ticket will allow you to get electronic FPs just as you do today just with no Magic Band or FP+ reservations. Instead of putting in your park ticket and getting back a paper ticket for FP, you'll touch your RFID ticket to the screen and get a return time. Then when you come at your return time you'll touch your RFID ticket to the scanner and if it's green, in you go. I'm not speaking based on anything official, just the myriad of posts I've read here. I'm sure someone will correct me or can confirm. LOL :D

msteel

I could be wrong but my understanding is that once this is full live, while paper FPs won't be around anymore, your park ticket will allow you to get electronic FPs just as you do today just with no Magic Band or FP+ reservations. Instead of putting in your park ticket and getting back a paper ticket for FP, you'll touch your RFID ticket to the screen and get a return time. Then when you come at your return time you'll touch your RFID ticket to the scanner and if it's green, in you go. I'm not speaking based on anything official, just the myriad of posts I've read here. I'm sure someone will correct me or can confirm. LOL :D
That may be the intent. But the other thing people are saying is that if the entire allotment of FP slots is already reserved ahead of time, then there will be none left to give out day of.

Kman101

I kinda love it that it's such a disaster right now. I do hope this aspect of it backfires on them.

I'm fine with nearly everything about the magic bands (without trying them yet, although I'm still iffy on the security aspect of it), in theory, except the FP allotment. I see the point but at the same time, I think they're really missing the bigger picture. Shocking, I know.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its a paradigm shift so what worked before ( the mad rope drop dash to the FP machines ) might cease to have utility. Three weeks ago it was 12:20 return time at 9:06. FP+ rolling out to all onsite properties swings the ratio from the onsite machines virtually to the FP+ queue.

muteki

Could they have started to taper off the paper FP availability per day, making them run out much quicker than usual?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Poor guests staying at Swan and Dolphin along with the ones staying at GF, Saratoga and Ft. Wilderness.
Last I saw GF didn't go Magic Band until the 23rd of October and Saratoga & FW on 21 October unless this has also changed.

There are going to be so many angry guests at Relations if they don't iron this out fast and this is a pretty slow season. I remember way back that FP+ was suppose to help the stand by queues by regulating how many FPs were allowed. However it seems to be making the standby queues ridiculous today.

Bad day for Touring Plans sight to be down.

G8rchamps

Just for fun since my FP+ is available to me on todays date. Soarin, TT, and Space show standby only as of 12:38am. I'm hoping for glitch since I'll be there tomorrow...

awoogala

Poor guests staying at Swan and Dolphin along with the ones staying at GF, Saratoga and Ft. Wilderness.
Last I saw GF didn't go Magic Band until the 23rd of October and Saratoga & FW on 21 October unless this has also changed.

There are going to be so many angry guests at Relations if they don't iron this out fast and this is a pretty slow season. I remember way back that FP+ was suppose to help the stand by queues by regulating how many FPs were allowed. However it seems to be making the standby queues ridiculous today.

Bad day for Touring Plans sight to be down.
Yeah, for the first time we're staying at the dolphin (not a "Disney" hotel/sort of Disney hotel) - we have always stayed at an onsite, but it just didn't seem worthwhile with the price increases. We get no fp+. Starting to really freak about this trip now.

Alektronic

MK has plenty of FP's left just Peter Pan and M&G with Rapunzel are sold out of FP's.

At Epcot, Living with the Land and Maelstrom still have plenty of FP's

At DHS, Star Tours stil has plenty of FP's

At AK, they still have plenty of FP's for all attractions

stevehousse

MK has plenty of FP's left just Peter Pan and M&G with Rapunzel are sold out of FP's.

At Epcot, Living with the Land and Maelstrom still have plenty of FP's

At DHS, Star Tours stil has plenty of FP's

At AK, they still have plenty of FP's for all attractions
Peter Pan is closed for a refurb right now no no FP are available for that attraction period...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom