No fastpasses available today?

ExtinctJenn

i really hope your date is wrong since i'll be there the 22nd-24th sigh...it's a short trip and i really don't want to spend my whole trip frustrated from technical problems.
That was a really old post. Since that time MM+ has opened up for those traveling in December. There's a couple threads under the MM+ section about it. :)

MaryJaneP

When does construction start on that 3rd theater for Soarin'? Was that not in the $2 billion budget? (This sarcasm isn't directed at you, I know this was mentioned in the presentation).

Where would a 3rd theater fit? Also, despite the increased cost, wouldn't it make more sense to build an addition that has two theaters, even if only one is finished and the second is held for future expansion. It would probably be less $/sq ft to build a two-fer. I would vote for increased maintenance on the existing projectors first, though.

Goofyernmost

Was this ever a real consideration?
No, like everything else, Soarin will lose it's massive appeal over time. It's a neat ride but after about the thousandth time riding it, it becomes a little old. Even a new picture will bring it sustain it a little longer but the size of the draw now will eventually decrease.

rd805

No, like everything else, Soarin will lose it's massive appeal over time. It's a neat ride but after about the thousandth time riding it, it becomes a little old. Even a new picture will bring it sustain it a little longer but the size of the draw now will eventually decrease.

Not if there continues to only be 2 "must" rides at EPCOT, Soarin's wait times will be just as high for the foreseable future.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Not if there continues to only be 2 "must" rides at EPCOT, Soarin's wait times will be just as high for the foreseable future.
You know, I don't think so. I think that this will make standby shorter due to the fact that there will be fewer FP's available and fewer people will be able or have the desire to do it over and over and the standby line would then move quicker. My new motto right now is...Wait and see!

Tangled21

I was planning a short disney world trip in december, but I intended to stay offsite. Reading this thread has made me believe that I will be at an extreme disadvantage, presumably because paper fast passes may be gone by then, and I am not guaranteed a magic band. I probably will wait until this MyMigrane+ hoopla is sorted out before thinking of going to the World. It may be for the best since mine train won't be open until next year anyway.

EvilQueen-T

True, but if you're old enough to remember when they had the monsanto circle vision at the mk (way back when) it was basically the same thing as sorin but without the seats so if they occasionally change the video imo it's likely to remain pretty popular especially if they don't add any more big rides at the park.

Goofyernmost

True, but if you're old enough to remember when they had the monsanto circle vision at the mk (way back when) it was basically the same thing as sorin but without the seats so if they occasionally change the video imo it's likely to remain pretty popular especially if they don't add any more big rides at the park.
Yes, I remember the circle vision. Really it was a lot like the Canadian Film "Oh, Canada" in Epcot. Like Timekeeper after it...it failed. Why? Because they had to stand up. Poor babies! It upsets me every time I think about Timekeeper, what a great show that was and Robin Williams was awesome in the voice characterization. Gone, because people had to stand. I would like to understand how anyone could take advantage of the 360 degree presentation while seated, facing one way.

As for Soarin, I don't know what motivates people. The first time I saw it was in DCA back in 2005. It was a walk on there. It is a good show, but, seriously I don't understand that massive appeal. Uniqueness, I guess.

RSoxNo1

So I heard something interesting, I don't even recall where but hopefully someone can confirm or deny it. The motivation for Next Gen was to keep guests on property, but there was evidently a competing project to keep guests on property: Monorail expansion. It sounds too stupid to be true, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Captain Chaos

So I heard something interesting, I don't even recall where but hopefully someone can confirm or deny it. The motivation for Next Gen was to keep guests on property, but there was evidently a competing project to keep guests on property: Monorail expansion. It sounds too stupid to be true, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
monorail expansion mention... queue Peter Alt's appearance in 3...2...1...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom