No fastpasses available today?

dupac

The whole implementation of FP+ has been a big ol mess. I know it's not fully rolled out yet, but still. C'mon Disney.

I'm thinking something like scrum teams could have been effective.

Blueliner

Switching to tiered FP+ now at Epcot. Two groups of attractions. Group one is TT, Soarin, Maelstrom, illuminations, Character spot. Everything else is Tier 2. You get one pick from tier 1 and two from teir 2.

We're going at the end of the month. I'm glad we already set up our FastPass+ (which is heavy on what appears to have been designated Tier 1 attractions). Maybe I better log in and make sure our FastPass+ have not been altered!

Blueliner

I have been to WDW 4 times in the last 4 years. We had such a good time the first trip that it became a repeat vacation. We loved it. We were planning on scheduling another vacation this year, but with all of this mess we are re-evaluating our plans.

We got a lot of use out of the fastpass tool and are definitely put off on the new system, moreso because we typically stay off site. Losing those, and hearing about the inflated standby times, I have to say that the odds of us going back this May are decreasing. We spent 2 days at Universal on the last trip and if we decide to go back to Orlando then I think we may book more days there instead, maybe skip WDW altogether or maybe just go over to Disneyland instead. I will just keep checking in on the board to see if things are improving.

Although we are DVC members and are staying at the Boardwalk at the end of this month, we will be coming back (to maximize use of discounted annual passes) in the spring. For that trip, we are staying in a 2BR at the Bonnet Creek Resort. I am kind of with you. If we are shut out of "worthwhile" fastpasses and saddled with long standby lines, I am thinking we will be spending a lot of time at Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and Universal.

wogwog

Had friends who work GR tell me that MK entry points crashed all day long over and over yesterday. This is the first element they turned on last December. If this is still problematic why would I have faith that this team of incompetents can make the rest of the system work anytime soon? Disney speak, "It is a known problem."

novawildcat18

Switching to tiered FP+ now at Epcot. Two groups of attractions. Group one is TT, Soarin, Maelstrom, illuminations, Character spot. Everything else is Tier 2. You get one pick from tier 1 and two from teir 2.
There is nothing else. What else would you need a FP for besides any of those things listen in Tier 1? Such a waste and a flawed system...

disneyflush

Can't imagine a hard roll out date will ever be set in stone. Just keep releasing/fixing in small doses until it is mostly operational in whatever capacity they deem fit. A few years worth of testing and implementing based on the feedback/results. The extremely elite technical programmers needed to get this to work optimally at all times are all making millions working at Google and Yahoo and whatever tech startups can afford them.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
To be honest, you don't know that it isn't only for the holiday season yet. There is no indication either way, so best to not jump to conclusions. We'll know at the 60 day out window (so like a week from now)

Circumstantial evidence is pointing to this being the system going forward. Couple that with a logic based conclusion that there are only so many available FPs for headliners, and that every guest using FP+ will attempt to book them, and you have a pretty safe bet.

RSoxNo1

They started with this and did away with it later in the testing. Hey Disney, you know what works? Your current system. It's self governing for same day distribution. You can get Test Track and Soarin' but they'd be spread out a lot more. You know what that also accomplishes? Longer time in the theme park. If you want Toy Story and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Fastpasses under the old system, you will likely be forced to stay in the park for at least 5 hours. Even with different groupings, you can FP+ Toy Story, ride standby at RnRC and be out of the park by 10 AM. Mission accomplished.

RSoxNo1

As an update...

Now FP+ is allowing me to make only one or two selections and not the previously required three. At least it doesn't force me to select an attraction FP that I don't intend on keeping/using now.
Can anyone else confirm that Fastpass+ reservations have been limited to 2 per day?

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm not convinced this is true. They had to increase Fastpass capacity by adding it on to other attraction that didn't need it in order to facilitate the "3 per guest" quota. At Epcot, for example I'm guessing the average guests would use 2 or less Fastpasses per day. For Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, it is probably 2 or 3 per day for the most aggressive user, while at MK the number is probably higher. I wouldn't be surprised if @lentesta has more solid estimates.

Just got off a cruise. Give me a couple of days. I seem to recall official documentation that the number was under 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom