No fastpass showing after Jan 25 for muppets?

FoozieBear

Nope. Jim Henson never sold his characters.
There were negations with Henson and Eisner, but no sale. Henson family owned the characters until 2000 when they sold them to a media company, they ended up with the company again before selling them to Disney in 2004.

Jim had every intention of selling his characters to Disney, but he died before the negotiations could be completed. With that, the plans somewhat fell through for a multitude of reasons that conflicted with Eisner and Co. and the Hensons. Eisner finally got what he wanted to get in 1990 in 2004, during his last year as CEO.

Cmdr_Crimson

He actually sold his characters so that they would be remembered.
Yeaaah....And look what's happening behind a Tunnel with other characters......
George-Lucas.jpg

mhaftman7

I love the Muppets. We go to the show every time. The only part that frustrates me is the point of the show where there are TWO Sweetums. That being said, we generally do that just prior to eating at Mama Melrose. I also find it frustrating how you are limited to having to basically walk from the back of the theater to fountain side of the store to gain entrance to a “Muppets” store that, in recent history, has had less and less Muppets merch.

KimAnnFran

If it helps, I love the Muppets but for the love of god no one has now or will ever need a FP for it. It is a huge waste of a FP. It's a show with hundreds of seats available in the theater. Even at it's best I've never seen anyone left out that were in the pre-show. Offering it is just a way to give people another choice to get to their 3 passes. Smoke and mirrors the Disney way. A foolproof indication that a park doesn't have enough things to do would be the need for anyone to have a burner FP.
i agree 100%

HauntedMansionFLA

People saying that a theatre attraction which can hold multi hundreds of people should close down if there’s no line are quite idiotic.

Muppets, philharmagic, bugs, country bears, COP, presidents, American adventure, Canada, china, France... every single person that ends up waiting for every single one of those attractions gets in. That’s what a high capacity attraction does.
How many guest can the theatre hold and how many times does it run each hour?

FoozieBear

Wouldn't that technically be 564 people every 15 minutes as the preshow is running DURING the movie, and the doors opens JUST as people are exiting?

This is correct.

More accurately, that source referred to the California version, but seeing as how the inside of the theater was exactly the same, it stands to reason the capacity is the same in Florida.

Tom Morrow

It's a 15 minute show plus an approximate five minute theater unload and load time. So the show starts approximately every 20 minutes, or 1,692 people per hour. This is actually about average and a lot of rides can hold more than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom