No fastpass showing after Jan 25 for muppets?

thecouch

Original Poster
Heard a few people say the muppets isn't showing up as a option after Jan 25th for fastpasses . Is it closing for refurbishment or are dropping it from fastpasses to stop everyone booking it as early tier 2 with no plans of using it

threvester

I noticed this as well when i was booking my fp+ this last weekend. I just chalked it up to being the earliest opening tier 2 show.

Goofyernmost

If it helps, I love the Muppets but for the love of god no one has now or will ever need a FP for it. It is a huge waste of a FP. It's a show with hundreds of seats available in the theater. Even at it's best I've never seen anyone left out that were in the pre-show. Offering it is just a way to give people another choice to get to their 3 passes. Smoke and mirrors the Disney way. A foolproof indication that a park doesn't have enough things to do would be the need for anyone to have a burner FP.

rle4lunch

If it helps, I love the Muppets but for the love of god no one has now or will ever need a FP for it. It is a huge waste of a FP. It's a show with hundreds of seats available in the theater. Even at it's best I've never seen anyone left out that were in the pre-show. Offering it is just a way to give people another choice to get to their 3 passes. Smoke and mirrors the Disney way. A foolproof indication that a park doesn't have enough things to do would be the need for anyone to have a burner FP.

Yup. Everytime we've went to it for the last 10 years it's been a walk in the door and wait till the next show starts. Never a line. Ever. ever. ever. People on here say that there is, but we've failed to see one. That's why I think it needs to go away, actually.

ppete1975

Yup. Everytime we've went to it for the last 10 years it's been a walk in the door and wait till the next show starts. Never a line. Ever. ever. ever. People on here say that there is, but we've failed to see one. That's why I think it needs to go away, actually.
So if it doesnt have a huge line it should go?
We need more rides that are walk ons, thats the problem with the parks as it is. Yes E and D tickets are amazing, but you need the c b and a's. The more people you can draw off the streets the less crowded it appears. Also it is a people eater, takes in a lot of people and isnt that long of a show (in comparison hall of presidents). The park needs more people eaters than it does 2 minute, low capacity, long lined rides.
Fast pass though... un needed. Honestly outside of people using it as a burner it makes people who are new and dont do research waste a FP.

rle4lunch

So if it doesnt have a huge line it should go?
We need more rides that are walk ons, thats the problem with the parks as it is. Yes E and D tickets are amazing, but you need the c b and a's. The more people you can draw off the streets the less crowded it appears. Also it is a people eater, takes in a lot of people and isnt that long of a show (in comparison hall of presidents). The park needs more people eaters than it does 2 minute, low capacity, long lined rides.
Fast pass though... un needed. Honestly outside of people using it as a burner it makes people who are new and dont do research waste a FP.

but you stated the problem. It's a people eater but it doesn't eat enough people because not enough go see it. If it was more popular, with the same people eating ability, it'd be much more welcome. but it's not. and it's dated. and the 3-D... was good, say 15 years ago, but has aged badly. the whole thing needs an update/refresh or, gasp, something else entirely.

ppete1975

but you stated the problem. It's a people eater but it doesn't eat enough people because not enough go see it. If it was more popular, with the same people eating ability, it'd be much more welcome. but it's not. and it's dated. and the 3-D... was good, say 15 years ago, but has aged badly. the whole thing needs an update/refresh or, gasp, something else entirely.
There are more people in the theater than you think.
I dont have the show length, capacity numbers but id bet it prob handles double COP (yes i know more thats more historical), but this park needs things to do, and the muppets are a great ip for them to use.
Now a new movie, and maybe some cleaned seats and some upkeep sure (id like to see a good cleaning and audio rework on most of the rides)

If someone has the numbers i would bet money that Muppets is at least in the middle half of how many people it eats per hour. It just looks different because its a theater show and not a ride.

Goofyernmost

They don't have enough to do in DHS as it is, why would you think they should do away with it. It is the last remaining monument to Jim Henson. There will never be another exactly like that one. Let's leave a couple of things for nostalgia.

1574812965152.png

Last edited:

Lilofan

They don't have enough to do in there as it is, why would you think they should do away with it. It is the last remaining monument to Jim Henson. There will never be another exactly like that one. Let's leave a couple of things for nostalgia.

View attachment 428767
And last time I checked, the key is still under the mat in the pre show hallway. Love the little secret details.

rle4lunch

That’s what happens with something with adequate capacity.

I get what you're saying, too a certain extent. The problem isn't capacity when the theater is only 1/4 filled though. I'll say that even though I've went to wdw all my life on and off, but since my wife and I got married in 2010, we've went once or more times each year now. So for nearly a decade, everytime we've gone to that side of the park to muppets, it's either been closed or has had just a spattering of people waiting. I like muppets and all, but it seems as if wdo is just waiting this one out until they close it permanently, instead or giving it its proper due.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I get what you're saying, too a certain extent. The problem isn't capacity when the theater is only 1/4 filled though. I'll say that even though I've went to wdw all my life on and off, but since my wife and I got married in 2010, we've went once or more times each year now. So for nearly a decade, everytime we've gone to that side of the park to muppets, it's either been closed or has had just a spattering of people waiting. I like muppets and all, but it seems as if wdo is just waiting this one out until they close it permanently, instead or giving it its proper due.
I have to say being pleasantly surprised in my once a year straw poll to seeing it quarter to half full each time. Like everything though it’s also dependent on Park attendance, Park capacity at that given moment, individual attraction status, weather at the time etc.

I can’t envisage seeing it near capacity aside from holidays. Which pretty much goes for most theatre based shows. You’d hope TDO are clever enough to see that too.

rle4lunch

I have to say being pleasantly surprised in my once a year straw poll to seeing it quarter to half full each time. Like everything though it’s also dependent on Park attendance, Park capacity at that given moment, individual attraction status, weather at the time etc.

I can’t envisage seeing it near capacity aside from holidays. Which pretty much goes for most theatre based shows. You’d hope TDO are clever enough to see that too.

Don't get me wrong, I sorely miss the days of being able to wait 15 minutes or less for a lot of their offerings...

I also miss the days where I could walk into sci-fi diner or 50's prime time (this goes for a lot of restaurants, not just in DHS) without a reservation and just be seated. The false propping up of mediocre restaurants and attractions by creating a fake 'demand' signal for them was a genius move by Disney to get people into them, and one of the most frustrating things I've ever had to deal with when visiting the parks.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
People saying that a theatre attraction which can hold multi hundreds of people should close down if there’s no line are quite idiotic.

Muppets, philharmagic, bugs, country bears, COP, presidents, American adventure, Canada, china, France... every single person that ends up waiting for every single one of those attractions gets in. That’s what a high capacity attraction does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom