No fastpass showing after Jan 25 for muppets?

Po'Rich

I think it needs to go away, actually.

Do you really want it to go away? That is, is its mere presence in the park so offensive to you that you cannot enjoy the day while it exists?

The reason why I ask is because I have seen numerous calls for attractions to "go away" when what we really wanted was it to be updated or replaced with something better. Yet, I think we have to acknowledge that a replacement isn't always a given. More often, attractions simply go away.

We hated Stitch (which really was a bad attraction). It went away and was replaced with. . . ?
We called MSEP dated and said it needed to go away. Now, we long for any nighttime parade.

My point is that we shouldn't take for granted that anything that goes away should be replaced. Furthermore, every person who is attending said attraction is NOT in line for whatever attraction we really want to see.

Let's leave a couple of things for nostalgia.

Exactly. The Muppets show doesn't hurt anything. It is not like its presence is prohibiting any development that would otherwise happening. As such, I say leave it as it is until there's something better on the board. It is a nice diversion at a park that needs more.

rle4lunch

Do you really want it to go away? That is, is its mere presence in the park so offensive to you that you cannot enjoy the day while it exists?

The reason why I ask is because I have seen numerous calls for attractions to "go away" when what we really wanted was it to be updated or replaced with something better. Yet, I think we have to acknowledge that a replacement isn't always a given. More often, attractions simply go away.

We hated Stitch (which really was a bad attraction). It went away and was replaced with. . . ?
We called MSEP dated and said it needed to go away. Now, we long for any nighttime parade.

My point is that we shouldn't take for granted that anything that goes away should be replaced. Furthermore, every person who is attending said attraction is NOT in line for whatever attraction we really want to see.

Exactly. The Muppets show doesn't hurt anything. It is not like its presence is prohibiting any development that would otherwise happening. As such, I say leave it as it is until there's something better on the board. It is a nice diversion at a park that needs more.

my point is, if they don't want to invest into fixing it, it should go away. why even have an attraction that is never updated? let's ask the magic eye theatre and MJ's "tribute" that played for over half a decade. Or HISTA that outlived it's welcome. Or the current iteration of JII? It's all crap. Leaving it for nostalgia's sake is lazy.

TrainsOfDisney

my point is, if they don't want to invest into fixing it, it should go away. why even have an attraction that is never updated? let's ask the magic eye theatre and MJ's "tribute" that played for over half a decade. Or HISTA that outlived it's welcome. Or the current iteration of JII? It's all crap. Leaving it for nostalgia's sake is lazy.

Why leave anything at Disney? The castle is just taking up space! Isn’t it just there for nostalgia?

TrainsOfDisney

they upkeep the castle(s)... way to take the thought process and multiply it by 1000%. who do you think you are, my wife? lol

They “upkeep” muppets as well. New digital projector, AA’s are kept in working order, most of the existing effects are in good order.

Now if I was running Disney? The muppet theatre would rotate shows. Would be great to do a holiday show for example.

ImperfectPixie

Because without those attractions, there would be that many more people in other lines, crowding walkways, taking up space in restaurants, etc. Those attractions, while they may not be your favorites, do help spread people out.

Tavernacle12

They “upkeep” muppets as well. New digital projector, AA’s are kept in working order, most of the existing effects are in good order.

Now if I was running Disney? The muppet theatre would rotate shows. Would be great to do a holiday show for example.

Holiday shows might actually be fun. I’d never want the main show gone forever, but special shows for Halloween, Christmas, and July 4th could be really fun. They’d be able to reuse everything the theater has already.

Magenta Panther

Why leave anything at Disney? The castle is just taking up space! Isn’t it just there for nostalgia?

Um, have you ever watched a Disney film? If so, do you remember that big building in the beginning of it that gets a sprinkle of pixie dust and then the world "Disney" appears underneath it?

Are you really this obtuse?

Magenta Panther

Yup. Everytime we've went to it for the last 10 years it's been a walk in the door and wait till the next show starts. Never a line. Ever. ever. ever. People on here say that there is, but we've failed to see one. That's why I think it needs to go away, actually.

Of course it does. But this is TDO after all, that won't even update an actually-popular attraction like Peter Pan's Flight, or fix the damn yeti in EE. The reason the puppet theater still exists is not that it's popular; it's because TDO is too cheap to remove it and/or replace it with something better. I still think that's where the Guardians attraction should have gone (if it had to go anywhere; personally I wish it'd go to a certain warm place where all non-Disney Iger/Eisner purchases should go), or maybe a Frozen show (the courtyard used to be semi-enclosed, if I'm remembering rightly; imagine walking into an icy snowy oasis during a steamy Florida day, a place where snow falls continually, and entering an ice castle facade to see a 3D show starring Elsa and the gang. I'm not a huge fan of Frozen (the original film), but I'd go crazy for that. What a missed opportunity...)

Magenta Panther

Yea, you've made it clear that you don't like the Muppets many, many times. Thankfully the world doesn't revolve around you so the desires of others sometimes count too.

Sure, but the idea that something that was purchased and has failed to earn its keep still somehow deserves preservation is ridiculous. FWIW, I'm not sentimental about anything in the Disney parks if they're outdated and cringe-inducing. Like the Jungle Cruise. A Disney original. I think it needs to go too, or at least get some kind of major, MAJOR upgrade. But you can bet TDO won't do that either. Even if the upcoming movie is a hit. Although I must admit I have no idea, given the ride's logistics, how it COULD be updated effectively. I leave it to the armchair Imagineers here for that...

erasure fan1

They don't have enough to do in DHS as it is, why would you think they should do away with it. It is the last remaining monument to Jim Henson. There will never be another exactly like that one. Let's leave a couple of things for nostalgia.

View attachment 428767
I know we don't always see eye to eye, but in this case I agree 100%. We all know the muppets aren't the most popular of the Disney IPs. But I've never seen a showing that people weren't laughing throughout. Outside of a few outdated visuals, the show holds up remarkably well. It's still one of the best shows in the parks.

Tom Morrow

At 564 seats and shows every 20 minutes, this puts MuppetVision at an hourly capacity of 1,692, which is on the lower side of average for Disney. It's just not very popular anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom