No Country Bear Christmas Special this year

DVCconvert

Bad Show.

The holiday overlay has been appreciated by guests for years. WDW needs to serve the hordes they attract for the 'holiday' in many ways, including some attraction holiday overlays. It is not that expensive - it's not like the overlay is changed every year - programming, costuming are all in inventory. Simply implementation costs, which in comparison to development costs are insignificant.
:mad: ho..ho..ho? :xmas:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Scooter said:
Could this be signaling the beginning of the end of CBJ?:lookaroun

Aww, c'mon...not every attraction HAS to be an "E-Ticket."

There's nothing wrong with having some minor attractions to fill out your day.
Besides, it not like CBJ has a huge footprint.

It just needs some TLC ! :wave:

dxwwf3

Some people have never liked the CBJ and that's fine. However, not everyone that likes the attraction likes it because it is a "classic". I personally think the show holds up just as well today as it did when it opened. It has a timeless feel to it, IMO. And I think it is a shame that it isn't getting the Christmas treatment this year. That is unless there is a good reason behind it (Upcoming refurbishment and freshening up of the show).

PintoColvig

I got to see the Xmas CBJ last December. I'm glad I got to see it at least once. But honestly, I was far from impressed. It just didn't ring the bell for me like the original show does. If it doesn't come back, I'll cry...:cry:...for a second.

the-reason14

Its kinda stupid if you asked me, I mean, you've been doing it for so long, just continue. Is it that hard. Compared to DL, thats like the only refurb for the holidays WDW got. I know, I know, money, attendance, but still....... I dont know, just do it.:lol: :brick:

dxwwf3

Compared to DL, thats like the only refurb for the holidays WDW got

No kidding.

Unless you want to count the Christmas Party :rolleyes:. I'm sure it's fun and all, but there's no way I'm going to spend that much to go to one when I'm down there. You can get great seats at a Magic game for that price :lol:

Buzzforprez

All this from a company that runs on "Traditions". Why was there even a Christmas show in the first place? Not to get more people through in an hour. It was there to make people happy and get them in the Christmas spirit. You know, Having a Christmas tree in every park is a little much. One is fine. Not like having a Christmas tree at MGM will get more people through the gate. It's not even in the park! And you know people don't really stay at the hotels because of the decorations. If they want to see a tree, they can just rent one for there rooms. And the Norway Santa isn't as popular as the others in World Showcase, so let's just skip over him this year. After all, why bother?

Ok Mister Eisner, time for your medications again.:lol:

CThaddeus

Some people have never liked the CBJ and that's fine. However, not everyone that likes the attraction likes it because it is a "classic". I personally think the show holds up just as well today as it did when it opened. It has a timeless feel to it, IMO. And I think it is a shame that it isn't getting the Christmas treatment this year. That is unless there is a good reason behind it (Upcoming refurbishment and freshening up of the show).

I'm with you completely. I was disappointed to read this today, as I haven't been able to see the Christmas version since they stupidly ripped it out of Disneyland (I say stupid because they did it right before the release of the movie. Granted, the movie sucked, but who in their right minds would kill something that could potentially advertise your multi-million dollar movie and is the basis of the freaking movie to begin with?). I'll be happy to see the show in any form - even though I did just see the original in May - but I was truly looking forward to having the Country Bears help set the holiday mood for me.
In other news, the possibility mentioned by the admin that Wonders of Life will be open starting late November has me doing massive cartwheels. This is some of the best news I've had all year. I can't wait to see Cranium Command and The Making of Me again. Sorry, a tangent, I know, but the one helped ease the blow of the other for me.

davewasbaloo

I'm worried about the number of people cheering about a rumoured winding down of CBJ. To me, this is one of the main attractions I go to the MK for, along with the HoP, and CoP. If I want to go on the other attractions, I find many better incarnations at DL and DLP.

It's the unique attractions that bring me to MK. And now that the bears are dead at DL, the MK is the only place to experience them in English.

Greenlawler

Count me as one definatly dissapointed, I never saw the Christmas version and were going this year for the hoillidays. Some of my foundest childhood memories are seeing the original. There are not many words that can describe the feeling I have when my two boys go and clap and stomp in G with the bears. Its a neat "Field of Dreams" kind of moment. Instead of "Dad wanna have a catch" its "Dad wanna hear mama don't whoop little Buford".

On another note didn't they used to have Buff and the other heads in another location like in a gift shop you would enter when leaving the attraction?
I saw a set of Bear paper dolls on ebay last week I remember having them.

PintoColvig

I'm worried about the number of people cheering about a rumoured winding down of CBJ. To me, this is one of the main attractions I go to the MK for, along with the HoP, and CoP. If I want to go on the other attractions, I find many better incarnations at DL and DLP.

It's the unique attractions that bring me to MK. And now that the bears are dead at DL, the MK is the only place to experience them in English.

I'm not one who's cheering the potential close of CBJ. I'd be greatly disappointed if it happens. But the Xmas version really stunk, IMO. I'm glad I experienced it once. I'm not sad that I might not experience it again.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Few thoughts...

Maybe they can't afford the closure and downtime due to crowds? Even a little downtime might not be acceptable due to crowds right now.. maybe something bigger is going down we don't know about yet.

October has been very very busy.

On a totally opinion based note - if they closed down CBJ and said they were replacing it i'd be happy. I don't like the show at all. If this is a signal of its demise, well, good.

mrtoad

I have never seen the holiday version just because we have not been at that time but we really like the original. My daughter talks about it all the time. I would hate to see it go.

Gantu

Rats.

All right. I'm probably alone on this, but I was really looking forward to the Christmas version. Since I'm new to these discussion boards, I only found out about the annual makeover THIS YEAR!

Yes, I'm lame.

But think about it - It's like Disney announced a new attraction (for me) only to announce it wouldn't be open. I'm not going to cancel our trip or hand over our MVMCP tix, but if i had to choose, I would much rather see the Wonders of Life Pavillion remain closed for the season and have the Country Bears get gussied up for the holidays.

Ain't no Santa Bear in Body Wars.

Cranium Command is fun and all, but I don't think the kids we're bringin will appreciate the relics from the early-90s on the inside (Hanz and Franz? Norm from Cheers? Bobcat Goldthwait?).

Bottom line, both the Wonders of Life and the Country Bears would benefit from a makeover, if only temporary ... and I don't know if I can sit through another rendition of "Bloooood ... blood on the sidewaaaaaalllk ..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom