No Country Bear Christmas Special this year

DVCconvert

My 85 year old mother is going to visit WDW in December, for the first time since Epcot opened in '82. She's visited the MK back then and having the Xmas overlay for the CBJ would have been/is one of the magical holiday themed 'events' she could/would have experienced. My family regular visits WDW several times per year -- having this show 'change' is a draw to us. I seriously doubt we're alone!

MickeyTigg

I was able to find out who to contact regarding this....

Mr. Phil Holmes
Vice President of the Magic Kingdom
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32820

Can't wait to see the original version again. My kids have never seen the original, as we have always visited during the Holiday season.
Blood on the saddle......
45 days away!

I still would hate to know that the Holiday version would be gone forever.

dopey

Man, this thread is boring. Wake me up when the fighting about CBJ starts. :snore: :) I think I still have a couple bear puns left in me (and, boy, are they hard to get out).

CThaddeus

Man, this thread is boring. Wake me up when the fighting about CBJ starts. :snore: :) I think I still have a couple bear puns left in me (and, boy, are they hard to get out).

That there Christmas show is offensive on so many more levels than the regular show. First, there's that song making fun of reindeer with red noses, then there's the loaded squirrel gun in a theater filled with people, then there's the fat jokes about Trixie, then there's that song about "decking" things (violence is never the answer), then there's the song about the guy having that relationship with the penguin (shocking, just shocking!), and then there's a song about a bear that plans to eat Santa Claus (this show just gets more and more sick), and then the thought of that fat old bear singing at us while wearing nothing but his Depends...that's just perverse. What is wrong with Disney?

iheartdisney91

well if you think about it isnt it sad how its the holiday season and they wont do anything special? i mean even splash mountain had something when i was there brier frog had a santa hat.

Gucci65

All right. I'm probably alone on this, but I was really looking forward to the Christmas version. Since I'm new to these discussion boards, I only found out about the annual makeover THIS YEAR! "QUOTE]

You are not alone on this.

AND Welcome to the boards!!:wave:

J.E.Smith

This may or may not be a good sign.

The only good side to this is that they might also be saving the bears' budget so they can build enough funds to fix the parts of the show that need attention(Trixie, Liver Lips, Al, the finale BGM) quicker(They did fix Stage 5 Henry's eyes after not moving for like five or more years earlier this year, so maybe they just only have enough funds to fix one bear a year). So if the bears eventually get fixed due to this, then the sacrifice of the CS this year or possibly the next won't be as bad.

(Imitates Buff)"Of course, I could be wrong..."

culturenthrills

I finally get to go to WDW during the holiday season and now I can't see the CBJ Christmas show. This sucks. I know some people may not agree with this but Disneyland just blows the Magic Kingdom out of the water when it comes to Christmas. It is going to be interesting to see if the other things offered at the other parks comes close to DL during Christmas time.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
As others have already posted, I hope that they use the money from time saved not doing this show and put it towards maintaining the attraction.

No matter how small amount it may be, any maintenance is better than none!

davewasbaloo

I finally get to go to WDW during the holiday season and now I can't see the CBJ Christmas show. This sucks. I know some people may not agree with this but Disneyland just blows the Magic Kingdom out of the water when it comes to Christmas. It is going to be interesting to see if the other things offered at the other parks comes close to DL during Christmas time.

Totally agree, and they don't charge you extra to enjoy Christmas Parties. But DL and WDW have two seperate audiences. People will come to WDW no matter what - they save up and book well in advance, so an anouncement like this has little effect. At DL, it's mainly locals who would choose to spend time elsewhere if Disney didn't celebrate the holidays in style.

Also, Dl is smaller. If you took the Mk celebrations, Osborne Lights, Epcot celebrations and the resort festivities in the space of DL resort, it would be OTT :xmas:

GoofyMagic

I sincerely hope this is a rumor and will turn out to be not true. The CBJ Christmas special is great, and when I just saw the show last week, I thought "I can't wait to see the Christmas Special". There are MANY fans of this show and I'm sure they would all be very disappointed if the Christmas special does not make it this year.

:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom