No Country Bear Christmas Special this year

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/magic.htm

It is being strongly tipped that this year, the long running Country Bear Christmas Special will not take place. Various reasons have been put forward, including the thought that the cost of the Christmas makeover does not translate into increased attendance for the attraction. From what we have been told, this does not indicate an end for the regular Country Bears show, but for this year at least, there will be no Christmas special, unless there is a last minute change of plan.

WDWFREAK53

Disappointing...I really liked the Christmas version...it was an extra little special treat that made going at Christmas different.

(And, Big Al dressed as Baby New Year will never cease to amuse me :lol: )

I do like the original better...but I did like the change of pace around the holidays.

Any idea if the money that it takes to do this will make it to another overlay up the street from it? :lookaroun

Buford

as far as I know, the Christmas show is significantly more popular than the regular show.... what a disappointment. :(

WDWFREAK53

as far as I know, the Christmas show is significantly more popular than the regular show.... what a disappointment. :(

While I would have to agree with you...

I think it's only more popular because it's a "rare" thing and is only available for a short time.

I think if you'd take a consensus from people they'd say that they enjoy the original over the Christmas show. The lines and attendance don't reflect this because of the availability.

Buford

I think it's only more popular because it's a "rare" thing and is only available for a short time.

really? most people I know (at least in FL) can't stand the original show, but at least tolerate the Christmas one... :lookaroun :lol:

Perhaps this is a test to see how the original show would do during the holidays after twenty some-odd years.

WDWFREAK53

really? most people I know (at least in FL) can't stand the original show, but at least tolerate the Christmas one... :lookaroun :lol:

:lol:

It's like "It's a Small World" the people in FL probably can't stand it...but would tolerate it if there was a Christmas overlay with a slightly different song based on the holidays.

beefog

Perhaps this is a test to see how the original show would do during the holidays after twenty some-odd years.
Thats because in FL the CBJ original verison hits to close to home :)

davewasbaloo

I'm selfishly pleased by this. My wife has never seen the normal show (just the Xmas one), and I can now share the normal one with them in November!

Animaniac93-98

Is this the same reason why they stopped the Vacation Hoedown version?
I'd still like to see the Christmas version live (instaed of on youtube), but even if I can't, I can still hear it on the Musical History of Disneyland

Scar

That's too bad. My wife cannot STAND the original but will tolerate the Christmas one. Now my daughter and I will have to go to the original again while my wife will go shopping.

WDW, you are costing me money again!

WDWFREAK53

WDW, you are costing me money again!

:lol: It's a win-win for them! They save money on the overlay...and...you spend more! :lol:

Ya know...WDW gets a bad rap about how expensive it is.

I look at it this way.

A movie costs $10.00 for 2 hours of entertainment (sometimes) :lol:

Disney costs $50-60 for an all-day entertainment extravaganza :)

How is this expensive?

Another...Seaworld costs like $50 per day. Go on Kraken...that's another $.50 for a locker. Go on Journey to Atlantis...yep, another $.50. Wanna take a ride on the SkyTower? $3.00. Soft drinks are $.39 more expensive. Play a pitch game...another $3.00. Go to the Extreme Zone...that's $7.00-$10.00 on top of admission. I went last Friday...guess what...I paid those prices...and...no nighttime Shamu show. The best thing about SeaWorld is the free beer. SeaWorld should get the bad rap...not WDW. You can bet I won't be going back there again. At most that park is worth $30.00 for admission (AT MOST!). At least Universal gives you the lockers for free for the first 45 minutes!

pinkrose

:lol: It's a win-win for them! They save money on the overlay...and...you spend more! :lol:

Ya know...WDW gets a bad rap about how expensive it is.

I look at it this way.

A movie costs $10.00 for 2 hours of entertainment (sometimes) :lol:

Disney costs $50-60 for an all-day entertainment extravaganza :)

How is this expensive?

Another...Seaworld costs like $50 per day. Go on Kraken...that's another $.50 for a locker. Go on Journey to Atlantis...yep, another $.50. Wanna take a ride on the SkyTower? $3.00. Soft drinks are $.39 more expensive. Play a pitch game...another $3.00. Go to the Extreme Zone...that's $7.00-$10.00 on top of admission. I went last Friday...guess what...I paid those prices...and...no nighttime Shamu show. The best thing about SeaWorld is the free beer. SeaWorld should get the bad rap...not WDW. You can bet I won't be going back there again. At most that park is worth $30.00 for admission (AT MOST!). At least Universal gives you the lockers for free for the first 45 minutes!

Pssst Brian.... If you order your Sea World tickets in advance online, you can get childrens prices. :wave:

We'll be going there next month. My daughter is finally tall enough to ride Kraken. She's been waiting several years for this (and she doesn't know we're going to Sea World). Since the last time she was there in 2003,she'd keep trying to measure herself to see if she was tall enough yet. She was so excited to find out that she is tall enough now. We told her we can't go to Sea World this trip down. :D

About the Country Bears.... I was looking forward to the kids seeing the Christmas version. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom