No 4:00 entry for MNSSHP?

marlaine8

Original Poster
Has anyone heard that they aren't going to let MNSSHP people into MK until 7:00 this year? We have tickets to the 1st party on Sept 14.
Last year we arrived at 4:00 and there were a lot of people doing the same thing. I know the party officially starts at 7:00. How could they empty the parks and let the party people in at the same time?

lilclerk

We got into MVMCP at 3:45 last year with just party tickets... hope that isn't taken away, it's a great way to get some rides in before the party starts!

IlikeDW

Has anyone heard that they aren't going to let MNSSHP people into MK until 7:00 this year? We have tickets to the 1st party on Sept 14.
Last year we arrived at 4:00 and there were a lot of people doing the same thing. I know the party officially starts at 7:00. How could they empty the parks and let the party people in at the same time?

If you have a valid park ticket for MK and a MNSHP ticket you can get in before 7 using your MK ticket, if you only have a MNSHP ticket then you can't get in until 7ish, at least that is what I have seen for both MNSHP and MVMCP

Cmdr_Crimson

If you have a valid park ticket for MK and a MNSHP ticket you can get in before 7 using your MK ticket, if you only have a MNSHP ticket then you can't get in until 7ish, at least that is what I have seen for both MNSHP and MVMCP

During the Oct 2nd party I got in at 4pm. CM's were in their halloween party outfits handing out bags...

marlaine8

Original Poster
I keep hearing about it on other sites. I hope it's not true, but if it is I can't imagine how they would empty the park at the same time as they let the party people through the gates. Could you imagine how long it would take for everyone to get through the turnstyles?

NewfieFan

I keep hearing about it on other sites. I hope it's not true, but if it is I can't imagine how they would empty the park at the same time as they let the party people through the gates. Could you imagine how long it would take for everyone to get through the turnstyles?

I can honestly say I haven't heard any rumblings about it... interesting...

I don't know what the benefit to this would be for Disney!?! :shrug:

JohnLocke

I've never been to the MK during that or the Christmas Party. What is the basic protocol? I wasn't sure if they had to empty the entire park or basically treat it like EMH and you just have to present the special pass to actually do anything.

IlikeDW

During the Oct 2nd party I got in at 4pm. CM's were in their halloween party outfits handing out bags...

I guess they are as consistent with this as everything else, I watched other guests turned at the gate around 4:30 when we were returning from an afternoon nap. Go Figure

Captain Hank

I haven't heard anything about a policy change for the Magic Kingdom Hard Ticket Events. As far as I know, Guests with valid party tickets are allowed entry at 4:00, even though the event doesn't start until 7:00.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
That will be further proof of the current administrations racist attitude to the Brits because they have seen on fan sites that its now quite common for tight arses to pay for hard ticket events only and turn up at 4 expecting to be treated like a decent guest.

bgraham34

If that will be the policy from now on, I will not be attending the hard ticket events any further. But lets just wait to hear confirmation on the matter.

Buried20KLeague

I guess they are as consistent with this as everything else, I watched other guests turned at the gate around 4:30 when we were returning from an afternoon nap. Go Figure

Then they were being turned around for something besides having a MNSSHP ticket. Illegal costume, wrong date on the ticket... Something like that. They weren't turned around because it was too early.

JWG

I guess I wouldn't care if they did push it back until 5p or later.
MK general admission on these days is 9-7 (so 10 hours). If you let people in at 4pm for MNSSHP / MVMCP then they get admission until Midnight (so 8 hours).

You're essentially getting 80% of the park time for almost 50% of the cost (maybe closer to 60%) while also flooding the queue's for those who paid for park addmission.

I get it, and I know all will disagree with me, but if it's a ticketed event to start at 7pm, why expect to get in before 7pm? I don't buy a 7pm movie ticket and then go to a 5p and 7p movie?! :shrug:

Sometimes, Disney being "nice" does more harm then good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom