Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

lazyboy97o

The place looks amazing. The power up bracelets interactions are ver clever. Looks like a home run to me. Universal Studios Orlando needs to land.

The Power Up bands are not even required for most of the interactive elements and activities. They big thing they do is keep track of your progress and if you gain enough points you will be able to join a boss battle.

Nland316

The Power Up bands are not even required for most of the interactive elements and activities. They big thing they do is keep track of your progress and if you gain enough points you will be able to join a boss battle.
This is the style of interactivity that should really be a standard for these new lands. It’s not forced into the experience, and if you were not to partake in these bands then you do not get a lesser experience because of it. The land would do completely fine without these elements.

SWGE suffers from relying way too heavily on some sort of interactive elements, that overall didn’t even end up being present in the land due to budget cuts in the design process. That leaves a rather lackluster experience versus designing this land’s base foundation not relying on these sorts of things.

The gameplay aspect of Nintendo just naturally plays well into incorporating interactivity. Something that Star Wars, or rather any other IP doesn’t initially lend itself to as easily.

Sharon&Susan

Datamined from the Super Nintendo World app:
1608590796678.png

gerarar

Premium Member
This ride system supposedly for the Zelda ride in Lost Continent at IoA is as ambitious as ROTR! A water boat ride combined with an aerial portion, just like a trackless ride vehicle with a drop elevator simulator.

Although, the rotating theater concept is just as intriguing. Hopefully one of these ideas lives another day..

ToTBellHop

This ride system supposedly for the Zelda ride in Lost Continent at IoA is as ambitious as ROTR! A water boat ride combined with an aerial portion, just like a trackless ride vehicle with a drop elevator simulator.

Although, the rotating theater concept is just as intriguing. Hopefully one of these ideas lives another day..

Are they actually building the Zelda ride? I would be so pumped. I understand these are just ride system rumors but I wasn’t aware a ride of some form for Link was still on the table.

gerarar

Premium Member
Are they actually building the Zelda ride? I would be so pumped. I understand these are just ride system rumors but I wasn’t aware a ride of some form for Link was still on the table.
It seems like the plans are shelved for now as the Zelda ride/area was a part of the phase 2/3 expansion after the original Mario land opened.

Hopefully they do revive these plans down the road. This is the much needed ambition that Universal needs these days, and the general Orlando theme parks need. Helps keep the competition healthy as we’ve seen with ROTR’s ambitiousness.

lazyboy97o

It seems like the plans are shelved for now as the Zelda ride/area was a part of the phase 2/3 expansion after the original Mario land opened.

Hopefully they do revive these plans down the road. This is the much needed ambition that Universal needs these days, and the general Orlando theme parks need. Helps keep the competition healthy as we’ve seen with ROTR’s ambitiousness.
For awhile there Zelda would have opened before Mario.

Surferboy567

So...I normally don’t like talking about universal. I had to chime in on this though as I am a huge Nintendo fan.

I was expecting the Yoshi ride to be a kiddy ride. This though, is really really kiddy. Like toddler level, which is fine but I kinda expected more. I am kinda disappointed in this, lots of static figures but admittedly some are pretty cool.

Now the Mario Kart queue video that looks promising. Unfortunately I haven’t see any on ride POV’s of that.

Disneyhead'71

So...I normally don’t like talking about universal. I had to chime in on this though as I am a huge Nintendo fan.

I was expecting the Yoshi ride to be a kiddy ride. This though, is really really kiddy. Like toddler level, which is fine but I kinda expected more. I am kinda disappointed in this, lots of static figures but admittedly some are pretty cool.

Now the Mario Kart queue video that looks promising. Unfortunately I haven’t see any on ride POV’s of that.
Yeah, the interactivity is definitely aimed a very young demo. See the blue spotted egg? Hit the blue spotted egg button.

I think some of the static figures aren't supposed to be static.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom